Penrith Post Match

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Bring back some great memories for Ivan then - he was a fine Player for Manly :angel:

Bugger the Men in Black today hun!

Perhaps that happening is some degree of proof there IS a God!

(Or KARMA at least).

:cool:

Just saw and heard it. WOW! That doesn't sound like a team in crises. Poor Ivan you can see him crack the s#@ts with his sly remark of "its ironic there singing the song right now".

Someone should have asked Ivan whether he remember the words and whether he would like to join in?

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We showed them how to play! ...

I heard Cleary give an interview to Triple M after the match, and he was actually pretty dignified with his responses, didn't resort to any back-handed responses, and didn't blame the refs.

Cleary is one of the better coaches going around for media corespondance, Brad Arthur is also very happy to get involved.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Cleary is quite a class act. When Tooves has had enough, who knows...?

There was a bit of talk along these lines awhile back mate.

I speculated, maybe when Tooves is done perhaps Brad Arthur?

Someone else suggested Ivan, just as you have, and I don't mind the idea. A Manly old-boy that even had success with the misfits (Warriors) and has turned the Riff around quickly.

I know Penrith bought HEAPS of players the last 18months, but they've had a lotta injuries and are still playing well!

Good luck to em, and yes...Maybe Cleary to come home in years to come.

If Gus Gould is as smart as they say he is within the game of rugby league he'd do well to lock up Cleary into a long-term coaching contract at Penrith.

Yes they may have had the luck of the draw this year. But they still had to win games and yesterday they basically had 9 first graders missing, and we only won it at the death.

I don't think Penrith are good enough to win the comp as they currently are or even with all their regular first graders in the side. But I do think Ivan Cleary has done a bloody good job with what he's got out there.

eagle66 said:
Classic, at about the 4min 20sec mark, Ivan Cleary is trying to answer the reporters and the Manly victory song from the dressing room blasts through.

That did happen to us against the eels a couple of weeks back too! (boo)

HoldenV8 said:
If Gus Gould is as smart as they say he is within the game of rugby league he'd do well to lock up Cleary into a long-term coaching contract at Penrith.
Long term deals for coaches are fraught with danger in NRL. Things can change so quickly.

Ryan said:
OMG, that was outstanding. Brought a massive smile to my dial. And agree, didn't sound like a club at war with each other. Sounded like a group of men who just won a war !
We'll there you go. Now... if only real cancer was that easy to overcome. ;)
And I'm inclined to think winning in those circumstances would also be a huge boost to the players (as well as us fans), far more so than a mundane lead-all-the-way win by a couple of tries.

RiverEagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Someone else suggested Ivan, just as you have, and I don't mind the idea. A Manly old-boy that even had success with the misfits (Warriors) and has turned the Riff around quickly.

Cleary's not a bad idea for Tooves' replacement but Tooves being 'done' is unthinkable:exclamation:

ALinda said:
RiverEagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:

Cleary's not a bad idea for Tooves' replacement but Tooves being 'done' is unthinkable:exclamation:

He'll be "done' eventually Linda, is all we meant.

Hopefully at least 5 years away.

If his blood-pressure can remain stable enough, that is!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4