• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
No criticism of him.  He has been reasonably quiet the last few weeks.  I'm expecting him to explode next week.

Our backs aren't as good as the Storm so we simply have to wreck them through the middle - and Perry knows he was purchased for exactly this reason.  I reckon he will have a big game.

we play compressed as it is but ithink we will tighten our spacing even more next week. Melbourne really only play the middle third on any tackle inside their own half and even in t5he opposition half they play tight for three, go wide on 4 kick on 5.With our compression i see us being able to get numbers in and slowing their ruck better than any team and limiting their metres and hopefully having them bomb from outside the 40. Also look for us to only be missing king. I think the club overplayed the extent of Lyons injury and he will be a shock inclusion an hour before kick off.

Biscuits link said:
Also look for us to only be missing king. I think the club overplayed the extent of Lyons injury and he will be a shock inclusion an hour before kick off.

You got any inside info? It would be a minor miracle in my opinion, Killer is still limping heavily and looks very ginger. Can't see him back for another three weeks.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Biscuits link=topic=178036.msg191787#msg191787 date=1217595187]
Also look for us to only be missing king. I think the club overplayed the extent of Lyons injury and he will be a shock inclusion an hour before kick off.

You got any inside info? It would be a minor miracle in my opinion, Killer is still limping heavily and looks very ginger. Can't see him back for another three weeks.
[/quote]

After surgery?  He won't be back next week. 

I reckon sometime before the end of the season the Storm forwards are going to show a soft underbelly bought on by fatigue.  I really hope it is 6 day's time.

Cronk and Co won;t look like superstars when they're going backwards and the Storm "star" backs have all shown a tendency to sulk in adversity. 

I reckon they will spin it wide early in each set and try and catch us napping. It may work unless we fix our defensive line. They could be up by 18 in 20 mins. With Choc and Glenn back we have a greater chance of fixing that as the line can drift wider knowing that they can and will clean up. Also, these two should be able to to have a much better read of Slater's attacking runs (he really, really is on fire). If we can nullify their early attempts out wide then they will get frustrated and we will win it from there.

I think they'll run at and target Choc and G.S after the wraps they've both gotten, plus their recent injuries... like the Roosters did - target the senior players more.  i dont think i made any sense with this post

I have said it before and I'll say it again I think we are playing for 2nd

But gee I hope I am wrong, I am sure Dessie has every game the Storm have lost in the past few years under the microscope as I type.

Last year in the Grand Final we froze and didn't perform anywhere near our best. This year we are a better team and if injury free we could trouble them. Long way to go to prove it, but we are heading in the right direction.

Hopefully Matai is fit for the game, he, along with Kite in the past, seem to be the main guys to stand up consistently in the bigs matches

Hopefully he can get a big hit away early and that rubs off on the rest of the boys and we smash them. He did it in the GF, absolutely smashed White, but nobody followed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7