Perry's Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A joke of a team today.  No tactics obvious out there.  What happened to Glenn Stewart?, not sighted?.  Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish. 

DSM5 link said:
A joke of a team today.  No tactics obvious out there.  What happened to Glenn Stewart?, not sighted?.  Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.   

He was sighted more than Willo. Des should have left him out, started Cuthbo & left Choc on the bench

You are kidding Jethro

We let in 40 pts, and you want to punt the 1 bloke who tackled and gave it his all today

Kiwi Eagle link said:
You are kidding Jethro

We let in 40 pts, and you want to punt the 1 bloke who tackled and gave it his all today

Are you talking about Willo or G Stewart? because if I had the choice out of those two as to who I would pick to play and who I would drop it certainly wouldn't be Glenn Stewart to be dropped. DSM5 made the comment that Glenn Stewart was not sighted & I made the comment that he was sighted more than Willo. Sure Willo made 5 more tackles than Glenn Stewart today but the rest of his stats were below Glenn's. Choc had a shocker of a game & I don't think that Cuthbo deserved to be dropped. The way that Choc has been playing lately I think that he deserves a bench spot until he lifts his game. Besides that we were talking about this game and no I didn't watch the game but was listening to the game live over the net on 2GB & Willo was hardly mentioned so like others have asked after previous games "did Willo play today?" because going by the 2GB commentary it would be easy to think that he didn't. So to answer your question if you were asking about Willo then no I'm not kidding.

Fluffy link said:
get rid of stewart??

If you are asking me Fluffy then no. Keep Stewart but if there was a choice of who to get rid of between Glenn & Willo then I would get rid of Willo.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
You are kidding Jethro

Williamson- 6 runs for 42m. 23 tackles, 5 missed tackles

Volley link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178193.msg193817#msg193817 date=1218965152]
You are kidding Jethro

[/quote]

NRL.com.au has Willo as:

6 runs, 39 metres, 22 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 4 Hit Ups, 0 errors, 1 one on one tackles, 0 penalties against

and Glenn Stewart as:

16 runs, 96 metres, 17 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 8 Hit Ups, 1 error, 2 one on one tackles, 1 penalty against

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/player/0,26796,108475-108,00.html

Interesting to note the contrasting stats. One of those stats compilers needs a new profession

Volley link said:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/player/0,26796,108475-108,00.html

Interesting to note the contrasting stats. One of those stats compilers needs a new profession

Hmmm, that's odd, two News Ltd companies contradicting themselves.

At the game I called it as a try. That was the way the video refs are going to see it this year. If it hit his head or hit his shoulder from your own player's pass and you propel it forward then I don't think it should be a try, or even play on.

A great moment I enjoyed was Matai's very long and deliberately slow exit from the field for his sin-bin. That was a joke call from the ref. Then afterburner Snake's efforts were sensational.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=178193.msg193832#msg193832 date=1218968912]
You are kidding Jethro

[/quote]

NRL.com.au has Willo as:

6 runs, 39 metres, 22 tackles, 0 missed tackles, 4 Hit Ups, 0 errors, 1 one on one tackles, 0 penalties against

and Glenn Stewart as:

16 runs, 96 metres, 17 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 8 Hit Ups, 1 error, 2 one on one tackles, 1 penalty against
[/quote]

They're pretty good stats for Willow, 0 missed and zero errors. As for his metres do we really want someone passing the ball to him? He's just there to tackle.

Jethro link said:
You are kidding Jethro

Are you talking about Willo or G Stewart? because if I had the choice out of those two as to who I would pick to play and who I would drop it certainly wouldn't be Glenn Stewart to be dropped. DSM5 made the comment that Glenn Stewart was not sighted & I made the comment that he was sighted more than Willo. Sure Willo made 5 more tackles than Glenn Stewart today but the rest of his stats were below Glenn's. Choc had a shocker of a game & I don't think that Cuthbo deserved to be dropped. The way that Choc has been playing lately I think that he deserves a bench spot until he lifts his game. Besides that we were talking about this game and no I didn't watch the game but was listening to the game live over the net on 2GB & Willo was hardly mentioned so like others have asked after previous games "did Willo play today?" because going by the 2GB commentary it would be easy to think that he didn't. So to answer your question if you were asking about Willo then no I'm not kidding.
[/quote]

I was talking about Williamson obviously

Stewart over Williamson isn't worth talking about, it is a non call and not worth discussing, it is Stewart every time

Is hard for Williamson to be sighted when as you said, you didn't see the game. His role in the side is not to go out there and make 100m, break the line, and be involved in all the attack, his role is basically to clean up everyone elses ****, and he does it OK. Dallas Johnson plays that role for Melbourne and people rave about him.

Glenn played 80mins, Williamson didn't play that amount, but as you can tell from the stats, he was in there making the tackles.

My point really is that Williamson and Bryant are always the easy scapegoats after a match, and yesterday there was far more to worry about than those 2

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=178193.msg193828#msg193828 date=1218967478]
You are kidding Jethro

[/quote]

I was talking about Williamson obviously

Stewart over Williamson isn't worth talking about, it is a non call and not worth discussing, it is Stewart every time

Is hard for Williamson to be sighted when as you said, you didn't see the game. His role in the side is not to go out there and make 100m, break the line, and be involved in all the attack, his role is basically to clean up everyone elses S**t, and he does it OK. Dallas Johnson plays that role for Melbourne and people rave about him.

Glenn played 80mins, Williamson didn't play that amount, but as you can tell from the stats, he was in there making the tackles.

My point really is that Williamson and Bryant are always the easy scapegoats after a match, and yesterday there was far more to worry about than those 2
[/quote]

Fair enough. I take your points on board. My call on Willo was mainly related to my response to your Surprise Inclusion thread where BE asked who will drop out for Kingy? Hall, Bryant, Cuthbo or Willo. eggson said Given Des' pattern - Hall or quite possibly Cuthbo and I said I'd rather see Willo or Bryant miss out.

Obviously Des sees more benefit in having that slug Bryant on the field in place of a future star, Cuthbo.  His off-loading skill could have helped us on Sunday. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4