Perspective Needed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I don't like losing and was as distressed as anyone at yesterday's loss. However, anyone who has played top level sport knows that you can't perform at optimum level every week and it is a very rare team that never loses a game. How else do upsets happen? Do any of us work at 100% in our employment each day?

We were ripe for the 'plucking' yesterday against a team that has underperformed all year. We were less than up and the early easy try did not help matters. Our whole attitude to the game was down, despite what the coaching staff were saying all week.

We can still play footy, are still a good chance to at least make the Grand Final and fans should not read too much into the loss. The players won't as they will be focussed on winning the comp. Sure, it looks like the minor premiership is gone and that is a pity, but that achievement, won by us in 82, 83, 95 and 07 meant nothing the day after the Grand Final.

Another important truth in losing is how we respond to the loss - as seen by the weeks after the St George debacle. Hopefully it will fire up our team and get them focussed for the run to the line and the semis. My feel is that the hysteria at the loss is a bit over the top and it could be a blessing in disguise.

I still remember in 01 sitting and watching Parra flog the Knights at home by 40 odd to nil and then six weeks later seeing the tables turned and the Knights winning the Grand Final.

Sure, theres no need for panic.

But i tell you what i am and that is bloody annoyed. If the team was going to be flat after the storm game it should have been identified and we should have rested key personnel. Weve done so when injuries necessitate, but dont seem to have considered it in the context of the tactical build up to this years finals.

I deadset reckon this was a very wrong read by the coaching staff, just like last year in the GF.

Look it was a bad game yesterday, but there is no need to slit our wrists just yet.
Do you think the broncos gave up when they got flogged in their preliminary final in 2006? No! everyone was thinking how much Melbourne were going to dominate, and we all know what happened when the expectation got to them.

The players needed a reality check after hearing how good they were all week - hopefully we will see a 7 game winning streak, ala after the game vs the Dragons.

Canteen - If Des Hasler cocked his leg to let a wet fart go, I could just imagine you there, right behind him with an empty glass jar in one hand, cap in the other, capturing every ounce of scent.

You'd then gift wrap it, and give it to your wife to use as perfume.

Dead set mate - you'll find the positive in anything Manly - and good on ya for it mate.

Hehehehehe

Jatz Crackers link said:
Sure, theres no need for panic.

But i tell you what i am and that is bloody annoyed. If the team was going to be flat after the storm game it should have been identified and we should have rested key personnel. Weve done so when injuries necessitate, but dont seem to have considered it in the context of the tactical build up to this years finals.

I deadset reckon this was a very wrong read by the coaching staff, just like last year in the GF.

On the flip side of that, we do that, still lose, and Hasler gets hammered for it

Orford is not fit, the opposition know it his groin must be worse than he is letting on
how many times do you see Orford take a run lately
we all know when fit the little bugger can motor

Kiwi Eagle link said:
On the flip side of that, we do that, still lose, and Hasler gets hammered for it

Des would cop it from some here no matter what though. Always something to nitpick i guess.

As it is, we could have given Ox, Perry, and Stewy2 (& maybe even Mattai) a much needed freshen up week off yesterday. 

Nitpick?  We've lost the last three from four with three weeks leading into the semis.  Ox has played crap for weeks, Kings straight back in, fat, after I don't know how long on the sidelines, Cuthbo in the dog-house, Choc playing like an under twelve, Stevie-wonder still running out of the line and giving away penalties.  Game plans that defy rational thought.  Nitpicking?  yep. 

I'd love to see something to be optimistic about Jatz.  Maybe I do get a little to depressed with a loss or three, but when I see the same problems in each of those losses it really gets up my long nose.

I will help you out DSM

Things to be optimistic about at the moment are the 2nd spot on the ladder, and the guaranteed week 1 home final. 2 important building blocks to a premiership

Canteen Worker link said:
Another important truth in losing is how we respond to the loss

We responded to the loss from melbourne with a piss poor effort that even the dogs would have been dissapointed with, thats the important truth

Berkeley_Eagle link said:
Orford is not fit, the opposition know it his groin must be worse than he is letting on
how many times do you see Orford take a run lately
we all know when fit the little bugger can motor

You are 100% correct and had Lyon not got injured Ox would have had a couple of more weeks of to recover, but with no one to replace him that's not possible. But lets just keep bashing him anyway ???

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8