Perth home game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
According to Zorba the clubs looking at taking a game next year to Perth. Apparently Souths made on motza on the game they had there earlier in the year.

Thoughts anyone...

can the whole team swim?

the ground this year was appalling for nrl standards.

but if there's a motza to be made out of it (more than Suncorp or Blue Tongue) why not consider it?

Brookvale said:
can the whole team swim?

The ground this year is the same ground that has been used by the NRL in WA for the last 5 yrs. Fair dinkum, Perth happened to get its annual rainfall in that 1 night. Hardly the grounds fault.
The players would have needed scuba gear if they were playing at Brookvale in those conditions.

Mybludog said:
According to Zorba the clubs looking at taking a game next year to Perth. Apparently Souths made on motza on the game they had there earlier in the year.

Thoughts anyone...

See you when you get here :)

WAMF said:
Brookvale said:
can the whole team swim?

The ground this year is the same ground that has been used by the NRL in WA for the last 5 yrs. Fair dinkum, Perth happened to get its annual rainfall in that 1 night. Hardly the grounds fault.
The players would have needed scuba gear if they were playing at Brookvale in those conditions.

Mybludog said:

Thoughts anyone...

See you when you get here :)

Saw this thread and new u would be excited wamf. Be a good mwts tour watch tramby all over this. Lovely part of the world south west coast of wa

I'd be in this for sure.What are they going to do with their OTHER home/away game?That leaves a toss up between Brisbane,Bluetongue,NZ and PNG.Will the Sea Eagles consider pushing the Manly Footy club for more games away from Brookie?

DSM5 said:
Margaret River has some excellent wineries. 'Manly Se Eagle Wanderers' has some more appeal.
Went there late in 08 dsm and got lost in Margaret river didn't care either wineries, cheese factories, breweries they had it all

If a team decides at the start of the season to move one of their games to somewhere out of the ordinary (ie. Perth, Adelaide, etc) since the club is doing a favour to the NRL by promoting the game in new regions, the NRL should return the favour and let the club pick which timeslot it would like for that weekend.
For mine, if we did move a game over to Perth I would be happy, and eager to attend, but I would want to know from the get go EXACTLY when the game will be played.

Bring over a game to Christchurch, the city would absolutely love it and turn out in their droves to support it

Blake said:
For mine, if we did move a game over to Perth I would be happy, and eager to attend, but I would want to know from the get go EXACTLY when the game will be played.

It will be a 7.30pm Sat night game = 9.30pm live game EST.
There you go, now you can book your flights :)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Bring over a game to Christchurch, the city would absolutely love it and turn out in their droves to support it

Fair enough but half of Christchurch's population have already relocated elsewhere and the other half will be gone by the time Manly get there :)

I will still be here ;)

WAMF said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Fair enough but half of Christchurch's population have already relocated elsewhere and the other half will be gone by the time Manly get there :)

Bring it on. I have some room at my place if anyone wants to stay.

I just hope this rumour is true. Don't play with my emotions

Here's a question who would we play?

I think the games against the Sydney clubs should stay at Brookie. So maybe a game against the Tits, Cowboys, Raiders or maybe the Storm

Souths have an agreement to play 1 home game in Perth for the next 3 years and 1 pre-season game each year.

Melbourne Storm have been here twice in the last 3 years and the Roosters have been here once.

Titans or Raiders would be my bet

If we are going to play in Perth it should be against The Warriors so they have even further to travel.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6