Peter Peters claims seat on Manly Sea Eagles board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
ZORBA

I just got told that Zorba got appointed by the Penns to sit with them on the sea eagles board.
What a joke. He is on the football club board representing us members.
Now we see what he is all about. Helping his family get control of our club.

Can we ever be rid of this bloke.
Direct line back to the Telecrap.

SIX months after he was sacked for calling a female journalist a "good sort", Peter "Zorba" Peters marched back into the Manly Leagues Club last night to claim a seat on the Sea Eagles board - alongside the very directors who fired him.

Read the full article

Berkeley_Eagle said:

SIX months after he was sacked for calling a female journalist a "good sort", Peter "Zorba" Peters marched back into the Manly Leagues Club last night to claim a seat on the Sea Eagles board - alongside the very directors who fired him.

Read the full article

What a joke . He is only there to help the Penn's get control.
I hope David Perry doesn't quit.

The seat is currently being created by proud furniture. It is so wide and solid it will be taken to taronga zoo where the resident elephants and hippos will test the seat!

lovefooty said:

That is a concern however he seems to have been doing the job of getting the club more financial and you'd think Penn would want him to stay for that reason.

Maybe if he's on the board he will actually be less of a disruptive force than he was when he was on the outer? It hardly seems like a leap forward though. Fingers crossed its true that the playing staff will be happy about it.

Only the Grim Reaper can free Manly of this leech :mad:

My heartfelt sympathies to all who have to directly work with the Scribe.

Hopefully the Team does not get distracted by the Penn agitators.:dodgy:

One step forward, two steps backward. Perry has done a great job in difficult circumstances. He's got to feel alienated by this.

Brookvale said:
The seat is currently being created by proud furniture. It is so wide and solid it will be taken to taronga zoo where the resident elephants and hippos will test the seat!

The board meeting catering budget will now need to be tripled.

You gotta hand it to him. He now wields more power and control over the entire entity than ever or anyone else.

Everyone has divided opinions on Zorba however this might actually calm whatever the situation is. At the end of the day he is Manly through and through no matter what anyone thinks of him

RE: ZORBA

Oh - if that is right then a clear conflict of interest. i thought Reilly and Williams were the FC nominees on the Sea Eagles.

RE: ZORBA

Zorba is really killing this club from the inside out. His reputation and legacy has been torn to shreds. I don't know the bloke but do not trust him running my club.

Having worked with a few boards, that's a pretty dastardly powerplay. Giving notice an hour before a meeting that an alternate will represent a board member isn't kosher, let alone someone with such a recent history. Another unprofessional aspect of this is that rothfield has the story, after he foreshadowed a big board issue in the recent Sunday paper. So obviously they're feeding him info. Not in the spirit of board confidentiality or goodwill.

Will this goose now step aside from his media responsibilities and stop being a leak of information...I doubt it.

A backward step, we need business men...not media hacks passed their use by date.

Three points on this;

1. How does this make Peters the most powerful man at Manly? He may have the most representation but he is not in control of any of the three boards. Perry does not report to him, he reports to the seven man board.

2. This is only going to make the DFC / Quantum group more determined than ever to hold their ground and will create more arguments.

3. This is going to be played out in the media even more with one side close to the smh and one close to the telegraph.

If Rick Penn has stepped aside, then the Penn camp will be in the same position in regards to votes.

If this decision hampers Perry's activities then I think in will inflame the ill-will and is a step backwards.

lovefooty said:

I don't understand how this can be the case. Peters has replaced Rick Penn on the board (surely the Penn family already had the control they wanted with the 3 vote bloc (Scott Penn, Rick Penn and Kerry Chrysiliou). How does replacing a Penn with Peters give the majority shareholders "more" control?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2