Phil Rothfield blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Arko-admirer

Reserve Grader
Top of the Daily Telegraph website at the moment has "Eels dynasty plans".

Ummm ... to have a dynasty don't you need to win at least one?

Welcome to never-ending territory of Parramatta loserdom.

Shakelton from the Rorters is ordinary, Poore from the Queens is solid and workmanlike and Tahu, injury prone.  They're over their cap already and they'll have to lose some of their dynastics.  Can't see them threatening.  This year was meant to be theres.  Long time till another.

See how their halves go next year.

Ox struggled this year after last years GF - Robson & Mortimer will find it a lot harder.

No dynasty for the Eels.

Parramatta centre too much around "stars" hit Hayne hard and in the ribs and he is out of the game.

Foi Foi feeds off the crowd, if the team is down so is he. Beating parra, is a pretty simple formula

Ian Martin Tragic, thats because people stand back and watch Hayne dance around. You watch.

Storm didn't let them do that, they hit him when he had the ball and gave him no room to move. exactly what should have happened.

Moi Moi is a bit harder to deal with in that regard but is good for plenty of brain explosions

It will be intersting to see souths and parra play next year in round 6 to see how Burgess goes against fui.  II would think that Fui will be more prepared for Burgess next time they play.

I was reading the value of each Parra player's contract the other day and it stated that Moi Moi is on $200k till the end of 2010, surely at his age he must be wanting a fairly hefty increase. I imaging there recent success is going to put heaps of pressure on there cap, and absolutely nothing to show for it. At least we have something to show for our window of opportunity.

Foi Foi was a fringe first grader for years. He always showed potential even when in reserves for Parra, this year he really stood up and started living to that potential, he still has massive brain snaps but that is the last of his bad game

Dan link said:
Ian Martin Tragic, thats because people stand back and watch Hayne dance around. You watch.

Storm didn't let them do that, they hit him when he had the ball and gave him no room to move. exactly what should have happened.

Moi Moi is a bit harder to deal with in that regard but is good for plenty of brain explosions
Totally agree that people just stand back a watch Hayne dance around. It happens with Thurston too. If these tossers are tackled hard there's not much they can do. Solution - tackle the wankers.
As for Fui Fui he definitely has the most epic name in the league. I hope he has a long career so his name can keep being announced. Maybe I'll change my name to Nicci Nicci Pops Pops - either that or Mrs B.Stewart.

Yeah its so easy to stop guys like Thurston, Hayne and Slater and co. I wonder why 16 professional, full time NRL coaches cant work it out.

It's easy to stop Brett Stewart scoring tries too. Just dont let him break the line.

Its easy to do all these things when you are an arm chair critic who has never played the game. Much harder when you are actually out on the field busting a gut, and a player of the calibre of Hayne or Slater or Stewart puts on a step or takes off like a rocket and makes you look stupid.

Clontaago, people and coaches know how to stop Hayne, its more a matter of being a little awestruck by him and having an internal battle of whether to break the line to smash him

Dan link said:
Foi Foi was a fringe first grader for years. He always showed potential even when in reserves for Parra, this year he really stood up and started living to that potential, he still has massive brain snaps but that is the last of his bad game

you know he only played 1 year of reserves for parra once he came from souths

clontaago link said:
Yeah its so easy to stop guys like Thurston, Hayne and Slater and co. I wonder why 16 professional, full time NRL coaches cant work it out.

It's easy to stop Brett Stewart scoring tries too. Just dont let him break the line.

Its easy to do all these things when you are an arm chair critic who has never played the game. Much harder when you are actually out on the field busting a gut, and a player of the calibre of Hayne or Slater or Stewart puts on a step or takes off like a rocket and makes you look stupid.
My excuse for being "an armchair critic who has never played the game" is that I am a woman. On the other hand I reckon Serena Williams could tackle Hayne.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=181869.msg244097#msg244097 date=1254962787]

My excuse for being "an armchair critic who has never played the game" is that I am a woman. On the other hand I reckon Serena Williams could tackle Hayne.
[/quote]

Serena Williams would tear Jarryd Hayne a new arsehole, she probably kicks better than him also.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6