Phone spam, WTF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

CussCuss

Reserve Grader
Just got a call from 'the wolfman' with a prerecorded message.

Annoying and bad form, I think it would turn more people away than in would do any good. Didnt mind the SMS's as they can be informative but this is a very bad idea IMO.

Hi there,

Our aim was to remind Members to renew their membership in a fun way. Sending SMS after SMS, and emailing gets boring after awhile in my honest opinion.

Apologies that you didn't like Wolfman's message. We will take your feedback on board for next time.

Go Manly!

Larissa

CussCuss said:
Just got a call from 'the wolfman' with a prerecorded message.

Annoying and bad form, I think it would turn more people away than in would do any good. Didnt mind the SMS's as they can be informative but this is a very bad idea IMO.

Sook

I had a pre-recorded call in the past too. It cost me a fortune because i accidently called the stuttering nympho hotline. Bloody 0055 numbers are all so close to each other.

Just received one aswell and thought Manly were outsourcing because to me it sounded like someone from an Indian call centre??

I had no idea it was Williams and now to know if was the Wolfman - I think it is a fantastic idea (who has the balls to say no the the wolfman!!!) will make me renew the family memberships......and dog

Larissa said:
globaleagle said:
That's the trouble with renewing early.... no one rings you :(
I'll ring you!
(don't know if that's quite what you're after though!)

Hooray! :) But you've got too much to do already so that's ok + it's 10.30pm here. And +1 :cool: points to you!

Joey said:
Just received one aswell and thought Manly were outsourcing because to me it sounded like someone from an Indian call centre??

I had no idea it was Williams and now to know if was the Wolfman - I think it is a fantastic idea (who has the balls to say no the the wolfman!!!) will make me renew the family memberships......and dog

What, your going to renew De$ membership ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7