• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hey peoples - I am in the market for a new smart phone. I currently have a Samsung S2 and was all but sold on the Samsung s6 but was just looking at the Nexus. It looks pretty good.
Any thoughts/ideas?
cheers

Hey peoples - I am in the market for a new smart phone. I currently have a Samsung S2 and was all but sold on the Samsung s6 but was just looking at the Nexus. It looks pretty good.
Any thoughts/ideas?
cheers
I am also in your boat. Had Galaxy s3 it was ok, but not really sold on Android as an everyday device. Went back to iPhone and really it is an overall nicer experience, but hate the restrictions.

I am currently torn between
iPhone 6s
Galaxy s6 edge
Nexus 5
OnePlusX

I am leaning back towards iPhone, apple do such a good job of vetting apps compared to google free-for-all plus I have some purchased that I dont want to have to re-purchase. I will always jailbreak though

I got a pair of these for me & my +1, back in May this year:

---
- Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
Storage: 32GB
RAM: 2GB,
Screen: 5.5" IPS GorillaGlass3 1920x1080
Dimensions: 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.9 mm
Wt: 170 g
Dual SIM 4G
CPU: Intel® Atom™ Quad Core Z3560 (1.8GHz)
GPU: PowerVR G6430
Radio: FM
Cameras: Rear 13MP, Front 5MP, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
Connectivity: MicroUSB 2.0
Battery: Non-removable
- Gray eBay $339
---

..and are very happy with them.
As well as a pair of "Rugged Armor Hybrid Hard Cover Cases" for $7.60ea from China.

Was wondering if the large 5.5" screen size increase from our old devices would be hard to manage/get used to, but it's bloody fantastic.

Am very impressed with Android 5.0 - it's far superior, more polished, user-friendly & well-featured than old versions.

The Asus software on it seems OK too, with not too much crapware, though the Asus Calendar app is very thin on user tweaks & controls.
The stock Camera app seems very good, love the special effects.
It seems to pick up & use 4G fine.

The GorillaGlass seems great, have only dropped the unit twice ever and thankfully from a low height with no damage.

For a modern Android unit in the ballpark of the AUD$350 mark with the specs it has, for mine it certainly falls into the range of well worth considering - highly recommended.

Thought there were 64GB storage / 4 GB RAM more expensive models too.
Unsure if any are available still for the prices they were back in May.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2