Pick a Manly side for round 15 vs tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My side would be
1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Peta Hiku
4.Steve Matai
5.Tom Trbojevic
6.Jamie Lyon
7.DCE
8.Jake Trbojevic
9.Matt Ballin
10.Ligi Sao
11.Blake Leary
12.Justin Horo
13.Tom Symonds
14.Jayden Hodges
15.Luke Burgess
16.Dunamis lui
17.Willie Mason

Every team will target Taufua with the high ball.

Two tries down to start every game as a result

Every team will target Taufua with the high ball.

Two tries down to start every game as a result
Yeah but Foran doesn't have a long kicking game which means the opposition only has to target DCE when making kicks. maybe put tafua at centre and hiku on the wing.

1.Brett Stewart
2.Peta Hiku
3.Jamie Lyon
4.Steve Matai
5.Tom Trbojevic
6.Keiron Foran
7.DCE
8.Jake Trbojevic
9.Matt Ballin
10.Brenton Lawrence
11.Blake Leary
12.Justin Horo
13.Dunamis Lui
14.Feliti Mateo
15.Josh Starling
16.Jamie Buhrer
17.Willie Mason

There is no way they will drop Foran.
I'd be happy if they pick Tom Turbo and Hodges; the rest of the players are interchangeable. Starling may be back. Lyon is in doubt.
I think we'll beat the Tigers, simply because they are going at least as badly as us and will have Woods and Farah in doubt after SOO II.

1. B.Stewart (c)
2. J.Taufua
3. T.Satini
4. S.Matai
5. T.Turbo
6. J.Littlejohn GK
7. DCE
8. L.Burgess
9. K.Foran
10. S.Vave
11. J.Turbo
12. F.Mateo
13. Demetriou

14. T.Andrews
15. L.Sao
16. J.Hodges
17. J.Horo (T Red, if Horo suspended)

Hope it's the start of a long run of wins.

(Assuming Killer's out).

Last edited:
Starling and Sene-Lefao are due back in round 15. Lawrence may even be a smokey but his scheduled return is round 16. My team would be this.

1. Snake
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Taufua
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. Jake Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Burgess
11. Horo
12. Leary
13. Lui

14. Hodges
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Symonds

I would like to see Tom Symonds get a start in the back row. He is a great hole runner and straightens the attack when needed. If we keep both our halves on the park he is a must imo. We need more edge runners and go forward and I think he will help improve this.

1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Peta Hiku
4.Steve Matai
5.Tom Trbojevic
6.Foran
7.DCE
8.Jake Trbojevic
9.Matt Ballin
10.L.Burgess
11.Blake Leary
12.Tom Symonds
13. J.Lyon
14.Jayden Hodges / J.Horo
15.Ligi Sao
16.Dunamis lui
17.Willie Mason

Assuming that Killer is out and Starling is back:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. P. Hiku
4. S. Matai
5. T. Trbojevic
6. K. Foran
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. L. Burgess
11. B. Leary
12. J. Horo
13. D. Lui

14. F. Mateo
15. A. Demetriou
16. J. Hodges
17. J. Starling

I know the last three probably won't happen and someone rubbish like Hasson and Mason (probably both!) will make their way into the team, but hey, that's the team I'd go with.

If Killer is out and Star is back.....

Stewart
T Trbojevic
Hiku
Matai
Taufua
Foran
DCE
J Trbojevic
Ballin
Burgess
Leary
Horo
Symonds

Res - Sao, Mason, Star, Hodges

After Friday night's effort, Lui deserves to be dropped. I'd also leave Mateo out.

All I know is if I was Toovey I'd be dropping Mason. He has been a massive disappointment so far. I accept he has probably played a key role in the development of Jake T but on the field he has been mediocre at best.

You can probably scratch Horo from any discussions, looks like he'll be sitting that one out.

Newcastle Knights captain Kurt Gidley and Manly forward Justin Horo are both facing one-match bans for dangerous contact charges in Round 13 of the Telstra Premiership.

NSW Blues and Sydney Roosters halfback Mitchell Pearce was also hit with a dangerous contact charge to the head/neck of Sharks winger Michael Gordon, but he will escape any ban with an early guilty plea.

Gidley was handed a dangerous contact charge by the match review committee for his indiscretion on Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin. While the charge only carries 90 points with an early guilty plea, Gidley has a 20 per cent loading for a prior non-similar offence within the past two years. Gidley also has 51 carry-over points to be added from a prior offence.

Horo's charge of dangerous contact to the head/neck of Broncos fullback Darius Boyd also has a base penalty of 100 points but he has a 50 per cent loading for a similar offence within the past two years.

Perfect....just what we need, more players out.

Killer will probably be out with a hammy and reports have Skivy out with a broken ankle.

If Horo is suspended I'd bring in Hodges, though I have this sinking feeling it will be Hasson......

Without Killer or Skivy I can also see T-Red playing in the centres against the Tigers.

Good news is that Star is probably going to be back in the team and we know that Turbo Tommy is going to get a start.

My side - (assuming Killer and Matai are out)

1.Brett Stewart
2.Jorge Taufua
3.Peta Hiku
4.T Symonds
5.Tom Trbojevic
6.Foran
7.DCE
8.Jake Trbojevic
9.Matt Ballin
10.Ligi Sao
11.Blake Leary
12.Justin Horo
13.D Lui
14.Jayden Hodges
15.Luke Burgess
16.Mateo
17.Willie Mason

If Horo is suspeneded, move Mateo into the starting pack and bring in the Hot Dog Vendor rather than Hasson onto the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2