Pig option 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
As I've mention before my two picks for some prop options for Next year would be packer or wicks, sure they have had there issues but our great team environment would pull them into line, one or two rampaging pigs and our backs would pull teams apart.

Forgetting their obvious off field issues for a minute, neither of them are actually that good ON the field. Surely there has to be better options than this pair.

the mauler said:
Josh McGuire for me. He's off contract but would command big $$$ which we don't have.

Yeah we don't have the money for the ideal prop, we have to find a good value for money player.

Epa, Sao, Andrews?? We don't need a fully established front rower. Nor should we waste money on one. We have enough experience in our halves + Lyon. We need a big aggressive unit or two to play front row. Does anyone think Epa has it in him???

The broncos must be offloading a few players, if they are already struggling with the cap plus didn't they sign that new player for $700k that we were interested in and milford wouldn't be cheap and factor in darius. Nice if we could pick up one of their excess props and have part of their salary paid by the broncos

I think Tooves should sit these boys down and let them know the opportunity is there for the bloke who wants it to be a real leader in this pack.

Now boys. Who really wants it ? Tell me we don't need to buy someone. Ligi ? Epa ? Even Turbo.

At the moment, Starlo and BJ get the 8 and 10 as a matter of course. We need some competition for these spots.

I think a bonafide enforcer would be great, but agree with others about cost. We can't afford, and I personally don't think it's worth it, to buy a Josh McGuire or a prop who will command a massive salary.

For mind it's a Steve Matai type who plays in the forwards, someone who the opposition just think 'god I don't want to run into him'. A prop who really says 'follow me boys!'. Mark Carroll is a good prototype for me. Someone a bit crazy and just throws his body at the defensive line.

Who is that in the comp currently? Tough one, I do think the coaching staff need to get into the ear of the current players and let them know that there is a vacancy currently. And if someone wants to put their hand up they will effectively be captaining the forwards.

This year there's been players like Gavet from the Tigers who I think would be ok, seems keen to show the league he's a hard man.

Killer03 said:
I think a bonafide enforcer would be great, but agree with others about cost. We can't afford, and I personally don't think it's worth it, to buy a Josh McGuire or a prop who will command a massive salary.

For mind it's a Steve Matai type who plays in the forwards, someone who the opposition just think 'god I don't want to run into him'. A prop who really says 'follow me boys!'. Mark Carroll is a good prototype for me. Someone a bit crazy and just throws his body at the defensive line.

Who is that in the comp currently? Tough one, I do think the coaching staff need to get into the ear of the current players and let them know that there is a vacancy currently. And if someone wants to put their hand up they will effectively be captaining the forwards.

This year there's been players like Gavet from the Tigers who I think would be ok, seems keen to show the league he's a hard man.

Agree Killer. As I said, whoever wants to be "the man" in Manly's pack just needs to show some leadership.

And I rate Gavet too. A bit raw but plenty of mongrel.

We should make a play for Michael Weyman, just keeps reminding me of a Martin Bella mould of prop and won't forget how he was the one guy who was the catalyst to stmerge rolling us in one of those games at their peak, we couldn't stop him. Wasted in UK and still has 3-4 good years in him, not sure of his injury history or his story for going to the super-league but think we can lure him back. Aaron Woods for 2016 with the tigers crumble to continue.

I thought about Russell Packer but when I was checking his sentence I found it was actually 2 years he's got and would have to be released early on good behaviour. Also read exactly what he did and it turned my stomach a bit to be honest. I'm all for giving people second chances but if we do decide to give him a shot I hope his victim or his victims family members aren't Manly supporters because it would be really tough for them to support us still.

Why would we be talking pig recruitment when choc is supposedly on his last year in 2015 with a nice $900k attachment.

If true, which many of us know isnt, then buying more talent is consigned to the waste bin & we need to develop from within.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6