player movement horse trading

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm 28 and most of the people I know around my age started supporting a particular team based on who played for them at the time they started watching league.
Most then stuck with the same team but there were a few who changed teams once certain players left.

For instance my brother first went for the Sharks because of Matt Rogers, when Rogers left he has gone for Parra ever since.

So during my Dads era it was where you lived or played and had a community/ Tribal feel.

My era I would say you chose based on your favourite players.

I wonder how future generations will choose, it may come down. To simply the Mascot as most teams are now referred to as the mascot rather then the area they represent.

You may see people changing teams a lot more, there is already a culture of "second team" in Australia

I wonder how future generations will choose, it may come down. To simply the Mascot as most teams are now referred to as the mascot rather then the area they represent

Kids once they get the gist of it are prone to be front runners because teaching sport these days is about fun and crap like that instead of valuable life lessons like "no matter how good you are there is usually someone better" and just losing in general, which toughens ones constitution.

Personally I'd rather my kids play and lose and cry and realise it sucks because it makes winning that much sweeter.

Maybe at local schools they should force kids to sit down and watch the 2007 season immediately followed by our 2008 finals run.

I'm 28 and most of the people I know around my age started supporting a particular team based on who played for them at the time they started watching league.
Most then stuck with the same team but there were a few who changed teams once certain players left.

For instance my brother first went for the Sharks because of Matt Rogers, when Rogers left he has gone for Parra ever since.

So during my Dads era it was where you lived or played and had a community/ Tribal feel.

My era I would say you chose based on your favourite players.

I wonder how future generations will choose, it may come down. To simply the Mascot as most teams are now referred to as the mascot rather then the area they represent.

You may see people changing teams a lot more, there is already a culture of "second team" in Australia
I had the good fortune to be a kid on the northern beaches in the 70s. The perfect storm of local team, great players and 4 premierships.

Kids once they get the gist of it are prone to be front runners because teaching sport these days is about fun and crap like that instead of valuable life lessons like "no matter how good you are there is usually someone better" and just losing in general, which toughens ones constitution.

Personally I'd rather my kids play and lose and cry and realise it sucks because it makes winning that much sweeter.

Maybe at local schools they should force kids to sit down and watch the 2007 season immediately followed by our 2008 finals run.
When kids learn that all life experiences are just life experiences, rather than the "right" life experiences, they are more likely to back themselves, and more likely to find their own contented and fulfilled place in life. Fitting into someone else's mould is a painful way to live.

The first thing kids need are parent(s) who they feel are fully, 100%, on their side - rather than on the side of the parent's image of who the kid could, or should, be.

When kids learn that all life experiences are just life experiences, rather than the "right" life experiences, they are more likely to back themselves, and more likely to find their own contented and fulfilled place in life. Fitting into someone else's mould is a painful way to live.

The first thing kids need are parent(s) who they feel are fully, 100%, on their side - rather than on the side of the parent's image of who the kid could, or should, be.
Kids need to learn that it's ok to try and fail and that not everything is perfect and so on. It's why I'm currently watching a Werner Herzog movie marathon with my two year old...

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4