Player of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyMatt

Reserve Grader
In a year where not many stood out I would argue that Justin Horo was our best for this season. I'd like to get others opinions but anyone who watched the games couldn't have him far from our best. The question is given this why all the vitriol? I'm disappointed he's leaving and think he would be pretty handy for next year. Many people have questioned his attitude but he has shown a lot of ticker in a beaten forward pack and along with Jake T, was often the only player bending the line and making metres. Whilst the year was pretty disappointing I think many people on here should go easier on certain players as they are clearly doing the best they can for the team. Too often this year players such as Horo and Hiku were criticised for their efforts, simply because fans are disappointed with results. The pride and passion in the club goes for the fans as well as the players and I for one am grateful for Horo's services. He did the jersey proud and I thank him for his efforts. I would also urge people to be more fair on players such as Hiku as he is young and still developing, but obviously a star of the future who loves the club.

Horo has had a good second half of the year, though not so good early on from memory. It wasn't Lyon's best year, only a couple of stand-out performances.

Brett Stewart has had a good year, with just a couple of low moments. DCE started well but I suspect has struggled with injury for quite a while.

The most consistent was Jake Turbo and I expect our MVP voting will reflect that. The most exciting was Tom Turbo.

Statistically Jake trbojevic was the best performing forward in the manly side this year by a lengthy margin. Brett stewart had a good year and for a rookie year tom trbojevic did great with limited opportunities.

Didn't want Mateo here but he was constantly more average than than anyone else in a very average season

• 😆
Reactions: Dan
I agree Horo was very good, particularly in the last 10 weeks.

I thought Jake T was our best forward just ahead of Justin and Killer and Brett were the pick of the backs.

DCE and Brett had mostly great years - dce struggling with injury last few weeks and Brett had a few stinkers.

Most impressive with Jake.

I am afraid we dropped too much ball and have thrown too many stupid passes and chased our own tail all season to be able to rate anyone.I would give it to the person who stayed on the sideline for the most part of the season.Whoever it may be I am sure he would be the best out of the worst.

I do think horo is much maligned on here and I think he stood up most weeks. He is one of our forwards that always runs hard.

But for me the player of the year is Jake t. He's had a brilliant debut season (disregarding the 1 game in 2013). His enthusiasm, tackling and work ethic have been superb.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7