Player Ratings vs Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Just my own player ratings for yesterdays game.

Brett Stewart - 6
Not the Snake we know and love, but it was an improvement on last weeks effort. Nice pass for Tom's try and later for Jorge's kick and try and really could hardly be blamed for our capitulation. Even the Snake of old would have been hard pressed to stop some of those Penrith tries.

Jorge Taufua - 6
Had some good runs and scored a clever try on his return, but his dropped ball soon after set the tone for what was to come.

Tom Trbojevic - 7
As usual he is devastating with the ball in his hands and scored a strong try, though his 2nd half run was spoiled by a pretty fundamental obstruction. Defence was so-so and came up with some crucial missed tackles. Regardless, he is playing injured and is consistently our best back by a mile and doing it while playing out of position.

Brayden Wiliame - 5
Didn't do a lot wrong in attack and made a nice break in the first half. But the right edge defence which he was a part of just disintegrated in the 2nd half.

Matthew Wright - 4
Backed up well for Walker's 2nd try, but was otherwise average at best.

Dylan Walker - 8
Most of that is for the first half which he played like a man possessed. Kinda went missing in the second half though and his defence continues to be a concern. Seems to be a decent goal kicker.

Api Koroisau - 6
Took a back seat to Walker in attack but came up with some nice tackles.

Darcy Lussick - 7
Bloody good effort that was needed. If only he could produce that every week, he'd be a regular in rep teams.

Matt Parcell - 7
Sharp from dummy half and a terrier in defence. This kid's a keeper.

Nate Myles - 3
Injured early and when he came on we suddenly went very soft. Maybe just a coincidence.

Lewis Brown - 4
Hardly sighted by me TBH. With Kapow back this week he should be back to his bench utility role.

Jamie Buhrer - 6
Did well in attack and pulled off over 40 tackles in defence, but also came up with some crucial missed tackles (5 of them) in the second half to finish with 8 for the game.

Jake Trbojevic - 7
First game as Manly captain and led from the front. You could see in the post-match presser how much this loss hurt.

Blake Leary - 3
Little game time meant little impact. Kapow back should see Brown back to the bench next week which will probably see Leary in NSW Cup.

Josh Starling - 7
Came on early for Myles and played like it was 2013 all over again. We need to see that every week, especially now that BJ is gone for the year.

Addin Fonua-Blake - 3
Like Leary, didn't get a lot of game time and had little impact.

Siosaia Vave - 6
Made some very good runs as usual off the bench, but his lack of mobility is a bit of a liability in defence against a mobile pack like Penrith's.

Agreed with all except I'd give snake a 5 or maybe a 4 - his pass to Turbo was nothing special, Tom would've been bundled over the sideline if Waqa Blake wasn't such a spastic in defence, and apart from that he did nothing of note the entire game, also should've made more of an effort to stop Cleary's try

I also thought Taufua deserved more than a 6. He was strong and did a lot of the bullocking work. Much more impressive than our other winger. I still reckon he'd be worth a go in the forwards. Then again, this season we are short of quality backs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4