Player Surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Tom and Jorge be sent for surgery now or should they wait until the off-season?

• Yes - Get them right for 2017

Votes: 40 97.6%
  • No - We're still a mathematical chance and need both

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

HoldenV8

Journey Man
With a chance at playing finals now effectively over it would seem the long term health of the players is now becoming a priority. The club is considering sending both Tom Trbojevic and Jorge Taufua for much needed surgery on their ankle and infected shoulder plate respectively.

* Tom Trbojevic (ankle) had an early scare in the warm-up, but made it through the game. However, with the Sea Eagles now out of finals contention, coach Trent Barrett says he may send his star fullback and winger Jorge Taufua (shoulder) for season-ending surgery. “We will assess that now we can’t make the finals,” Barrett said “There is no point risking blokes now. But we won’t be throwing it away, we still have three games to go.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...n/news-story/08239be35d441dacd0f79d64453427f1

Should they be sent to have surgery before the season is done in a bid to get them right for 2017, or should they wait until the off-season?

Who do you replace them with though ? I'm assuming The Phantom may be out for a week or two as well. So do we have the depth to replace 3 outside backs ??

Yes send them now. Tom and Jorge are a massive part of our future and need to be given an early leave both have had great years and deserve it. Snake can have his last couple of games in manly colours before he leaves maybe score some tries. Jorge can be replaced by B Parker who also has a future for us.

Backline for the end of the year

1: B Stewart
2: B Parker
3: L Brown
4: B Williame
5: M Wright
6: J Lyon
7: D Cherry-Evans

Walker is likely to be out for the year after dislocating his shoulder (which if I know my shoulder history is going to haunt him for the rest of his career.....he'll never fully get over it).

@Chip and Chase is right though.....can we cover 3 outside backs? Possibly Snake could play if fit and Brad Parker could cover the wing. I also think we'll find Lewis Brown in the centres for the rest of the year.

On the plus side, sending them for surgery say, this week, would effectively give both an extra 2-3 weeks of recovery and rehab before the pre-season. Instead of missing some of the pre-season they might actually be able to start fresh from day one.

Last edited:
For Tom wasn't the injury scare a hammy and not the ankle? If the doctors have said that playing will not do anymore damage, which I think is the case. He should play.

On Thursday night, Johns was saying in the pre-game that Tom should be in the Kangaroos Four Nations squad. Maybe he should be, but personally I'd rather not at this stage. Let the kid get his ankle right and be 100% fit for next season.

Besides, with players like Boyd, Tedesco, 1nglis, Dugan, Moylan and even Morgan, the Kangaroos are covered for a fullback while you could add players like Mansour, Oates and Ferguson to the mix as wingers. Either way, even if Tom was available and selected to the squad, Mal's first choice backline would probably be something like Tedesco, Boyd, 1nglis, Jennings and Mansour

For mine this year is done so I say send Tom and Jorge for the required surgery.

Last edited:
Aggravating their injuries further for nothing games is insane. @:cool:

Turbo's is the high ankle injury, does Manly want him to snap his achilles and be out for 9 months :wondering:

Wiliame can be a full back, Green and Brown can be the centres and Parker the winger.
Player Welfare is still a priority :nod:

On Thursday night, Johns was saying in the pre-game that Tom should be in the Kangaroos Four Nations squad.
Johns is a goose. He makes the most inane remarks, and his command of the English Language is proof he spent more time kicking footballs than in the classroom.
While he was a great player, did his time at Manly benefit anyone? Except, perhaps, if you think encouraging players to gamble is a benefit? His time with Manly was a disaster from which the club has still not recovered.

Darcy Lussick completed shoulder surgery this morning, won't be back for 2016.

Tom T, Taufua and DCE should do the surgery ASAP. Hopefully our training staff have figured out how to cut down the injury toll.

Darcy Lussick completed shoulder surgery this morning, won't be back for 2016.

Tom T, Taufua and DCE should do the surgery ASAP. Hopefully our training staff have figured out how to cut down the injury toll.
Sue the surgeon who botched Jorge's shoulder surgery, that infection is due to his hack job :mad:

Wishing all the injured Manly Players a speedy and full recovery :angel:

If Tom T plays this week is like to see him replace Lewis Brown from centre
And give Tom Wright a go at fullback .
Anything to get Brown OUT of the team.

I'd like the management to grow some balls and get the surgery done ASAP so they can be fully fit come pre season. No more pathetic one game pre seasons either

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6