Players on notice?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
I'm pretty sure I read toovey had placed his team on notice.... Under performing players to be dropped.... Did mason and Leary get dropped last weekend? Or was it injury....

I'm pretty sure I read toovey had placed his team on notice.... Under performing players to be dropped.... Did mason and Leary get dropped last weekend? Or was it injury....
We'll I'd be thinking injury.

Because there's no farking way that either of those players make way for Hasplod. Period.

Don't think it matters if Tooves puts them on notice anyway - with Tooves being reported as a dead man walking every 2nd day why would they be fearful anyway. This year is totally self fulfilling.

Its just death by a thousand cuts this year.

I can understand why 2V is on notice; he has 'coached' the flair out of this team. We are too structured and scared of making mistakes, making us boring to watch and easy to defend against. Against Souffs we played 'perfect' football for the first 10 minutes. No dropped ball. No risks taken. And what did it gain us? No points!
Souffs weren't much better, but when they tries something different - the chip kick to the winger - an easy try resulted.
A perfect illustration was when we fell 12 points behind with 15-minutes or so to play. Instead of trying a short kick-off to regain the ball we kicked off in the same, unsuccessful way.
I thought when we recruited 'Telfon' Johns that we'd have a raft of attack. But no. Just plodding, one-out forward runs and outdated 5th tackle options.
I don;t know if we mix up our training routines, or games plans, but if I was 2V I'd thrown away the clip board, not bother about stats this week and give the players free reign to enjoy themselves. Let them play what;s in front of them. To try something, and fail, is surely better than to keeping doing the same thing and losing.

Its no good him saying it he has to do it, that should have been said to the team 8 weeks ago yet he persists with guys who have been failing him.

I can understand why 2V is on notice; he has 'coached' the flair out of this team. We are too structured and scared of making mistakes, making us boring to watch and easy to defend against. Against Souffs we played 'perfect' football for the first 10 minutes. No dropped ball. No risks taken. And what did it gain us? No points!
Souffs weren't much better, but when they tries something different - the chip kick to the winger - an easy try resulted.
A perfect illustration was when we fell 12 points behind with 15-minutes or so to play. Instead of trying a short kick-off to regain the ball we kicked off in the same, unsuccessful way.
I thought when we recruited 'Telfon' Johns that we'd have a raft of attack. But no. Just plodding, one-out forward runs and outdated 5th tackle options.
I don;t know if we mix up our training routines, or games plans, but if I was 2V I'd thrown away the clip board, not bother about stats this week and give the players free reign to enjoy themselves. Let them play what;s in front of them. To try something, and fail, is surely better than to keeping doing the same thing and losing.
Maybe just maybe after 4 yrs of spending sweet FA on forwards to keep our backline together it's all finally gone to sh**t. Good/quality forwards that have left: Williams, Kite, Stewart, Watmough, Rodney, Rose. Replaced with???

Maybe just maybe after 4 yrs of spending sweet FA on forwards to keep our backline together it's all finally gone to sh**t. Good/quality forwards that have left: Williams, Kite, Stewart, Watmough, Rodney, Rose. Replaced with???

Let's not forget JWH, we've been buying bargain basement players lately and getting bargain basement performances, yet the Roosters manage to do OK with guys like Moa and Matagi.

Let's not forget JWH, we've been buying bargain basement players lately and getting bargain basement performances, yet the Roosters manage to do OK with guys like Moa and Matagi.

They ain't paying Pearce and Maloney anywhere NEAR DCE and Foran in my opinion mate. That's the issue...all our eggs in one basket, and those eggs can't / aren't manufacturing wins.

Don't forget Lussick, King, Faoso, Gulavao, I'm sure there's another one, whose name escapes me right now

I think we are way beyond players being put on notice. I think that would fall on deaf ears without any response.
I believe its a mental thing. I think the DCE and Foran sagas have taken the focus completely off team spirit this year. Yeah they are trying as individuals (hence on notice who cares), but the team is not playing together and inspired.
It looks like a year off - anyone know how many sleeps until Feb next year?.

They ain't paying Pearce and Maloney anywhere NEAR DCE and Foran in my opinion mate. That's the issue...all our eggs in one basket, and those eggs can't / aren't manufacturing wins.
Then we're in deeper sh!t ,because next year DCE
This season DCE and Foran would be on par with Pierce and Maloney, but next year and many years after that we'll be in deep sh!t if Foran decides to stay

I think the match at Pepper Stadium earlier in the year really sums up our season and our current predicament. In years gone by, we would lose when we got complacent and the usual rev up would see us return to the winners circle...occasionally we would get beaten by a better side when we played our best, but that was rare.

However, the night we played Penrith at Pepper, we were desperate, and every player gave 110% and we still lost. Penrith's backs were depleted, but they had a solid pack and dominated the ruck allowing Moylan, and to a lesser extent Segyaro, to play off the back of it. We simply do not have the cattle in the forwards to win the majority of our matches this year. A fit BJ and Starling, along with 100+ metres from Choc last year was enough to make us competitive, but that's missing this season. Pair that with Ballin slowing down and a plethora of injuries, and you can see why putting guys on notice is not going to make a lick of difference.

I'm pretty sure I read toovey had placed his team on notice.... Under performing players to be dropped....
Was only thinking this myself the other day. It was supposedly said ('threatened') weeks ago....
Me thinks all talk and no action :mad:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4