Players we bought who won you over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
We've bought some players at times and I've thought either they are a dud or that I just don't like them. But typically they win me over. And I was wondering who others thought of that had done that.

For me number one is Josh Perry. I could not stand him at the Knights and when we bought him thought 'oh god we are scraping the barrel'. But he really won me over and I think was instrumental in our 08 campaign.

The second would be Joe Guluvao. I just thought what a dud signing. But again his couple of years for us was huge and he was a massive part of our 11 campaign.

And my third is Shane Rodney. He was not a has been but a never was and never will. How wrong i was. I thought his contribution around the 2011 season was again enormous and his work rate second to none.

I thought Ben Kennedy was the greatest waste of money ever.

I was VERY wrong!
Same here. I thought old injury prone and past it with some defensive lapses around the middle late in games.
Was very wrong, and we can now trace the success of the last few years to the attitude he brought with him.

Rodney and Kite were others. Kite had terrible hands but he won me over very quickly

And then there were the ones I thought were going to be great who turned out crap. When the NE signed Kimmorley from Melbourne I thought he was going to be a great signing...... geez was I wrong, sometimes it looked like he was playing for the opposition. Glad he never played for Manly

And the bloke who surprised me the most was Joe. I remember saying to my brother WTF did we sign him for, he was a good player 6 years ago...

This one is a blast from the past, hated him when he was with Souths, but great when he came to Manly, Bob Moses

Jamie lyon

Thought all he did was charge out of the line and let in tries (wolfie still think s he does that).

Used to hate watching him do that time and time again in S.O.O.

But he turned out ok. :)

This is many moons ago but some may remember....some NZ fullback named Yogi ??? had big wraps on him but was slow, poor hands, shocking positioning & you shut your eyes when a bomb went up....thank god we got the next NZ fullback signing right... Matthew Ridge - champion.

This is many moons ago but some may remember....some NZ fullback named Yogi ??? had big wraps on him but was slow, poor hands, shocking positioning & you shut your eyes when a bomb went up....thank god we got the next NZ fullback signing right... Matthew Ridge - champion.
His name was Jorgen Rogers, played only one first grade game for us, and that was one too many

His name was Jorgen Rogers, played only one first grade game for us, and that was one too many
Yogi - I don't remember no yogi. Although only 3 games a week got televised back then. Yeah round 1, 13th of March 1994 we lost 20 -26 to the dogs. He's in the record books as having played 5/8. So was he smarter then the average bear?

,my players are from way back john oneill, thought he was past his prime and ray branigan when we got them from souths I was flummoxed said a waste of money . boy was I wrong. from then on I left team selections to the experts not the dummy my biggest disappointment and still is brett kimorely
Manly forever

Probably no go Joe was my biggest shock, the rest have been either failures or not paid well enough for my concern, currently Chase Blair is my biggest wtf and he has been alright

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4