Playing weight.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
What was Tooveys weight in his playing days?

Was talking with a mate this arvo and was shocked that Barba is apparently 92kgs.

Pretty sure the whole Manly team is well over 90kgs.

Was reading how Kasiano is the biggest to play. I thought Masoe was bigger. But they compare the props of the past and he stands head and shoulders above the others in height as well as weight. Inglis would also have to be the largest fullback ever. I remember Manly gaving a heavier fullback called Yorgen Rogers back in the mid 90s.

If it was over 80 kg it wasn't by much. I remember him playing against the Poms at Brookie. He looked about 12 years old.

Toovs was only 5'6", and at the very most 75 kg, Barba is a little taller, around 5'8-9" , but definitly more solid, so around 90kg wouldn't be off the mark.

Barba has massive calves and is apparently pound for pound the strongest player at the Bulldogs.
According to my 1991 football card set, Toovey was 70kg. I dare say he would have put some on some kgs when he moved to hooker later in his career. I'd probably agree with Peter C, max 75 kg.

tookey said:
I used to have a bulldog named des but I had it put down last October

Ah shame, was that after he barked "show me the money!"?

Top End Eagle said:
Billy Weepu our heaviest?

Who was the 'Mr Samoa' body builder who played lower grades a few years back he looked pretty heavy.

Mr Tonga. Kiwi is right Sione Finefuiaki. BFN

eagleE said:
. . . . . . Inglis would also have to be the largest fullback ever.

What about Stephen Knight ?- i remember he was pretty big for a back. Reckon one the Iro brothers (Kevin ?) played in the backs for MWSE for a little while. My fav 'big backs' of all time would have to be Crusher Cleal or Mark Harris.

meninga and miles were big, terry fahey was another big unit on the wing. Phillip mann was really tall but bruce reid like build.Probably had a few gaffa tape moments in his career. Leeds had a really big 5/8 a few years ago, was it price. He was massive. Was he the one that said blackpool beach was better than bondi.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8