Playoffs: 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya fans,

Round 2 is well under way so the skill level is heating up...as are the height of some of the hits.

All series are best of 7 games.

So far:
Round One:
West:
Dallas beat Minnisota
St Louis beat Chicago blackhawks (awesome)
Nashville beat Anaheim (f. corey perry)
San Jose beat L.A.

East:
Islanders beat florida (boo)
Tampa Bay beat detroit (ending a something like 25 cons year in the playoffs for detroit)
washington beat the flyers
Penguins beat the rangers

Round two: Still in progress
West
Dallas v St Louis
Nashville v San Jose

East
Islanders v Tampa
Caps v Pens (ovechkin v crosby - woot!)

san Jose beat St Louis and Pittsburgh defeat Tampa!

sharks v pens in the final!

Pittsburgh Penguins win 3-1 in game 6 giving them an unassailable 4-2 lead in the best of 7 series and now they are....

2016 Stanley Cup Champions!

Last edited:
Tampa wins their series 4-1 against the NY Islanders!

Sharks and preds had a game that went to triple overtime!!!

A big effort seeing as an overtime period is the same as a reg game period (20mins)

3 periods per game = 60mins add 2 full periods + approx 10 mins and you get one long hell of a game!

110mins

woot

Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Washington Capitals in overtime in game 6.

pens lead 3-0 early but 3 consecutive delay of game penalties helped bring the caps back into contention.

Deadlocked 3-3 at the end of regulation overtime kicked off with plenty of shots on goal.

A caps player saved an incredible shot with the edge of his stick...diving..with the puck 2 feet off the ground.

But to no avail as minutes later canucks reject, nick Bonino slotted the game winner past the goalie to send the pens off to play the tampa bay lightning for the eastern conference championship and of course then the winner goes on to play for the stanley cup.

The pens hadn't beaten the red hot caps all year, but the caps playoff curse seems to have kicked in for another year.

*many words in this post need capital letters....I did not provide them.

Here's the great save I referred to (above.)

Best view is about the 23 second mark.

Enjoy. :)

Well the deciding game in the series between Dallas and St Louis.

Expecting a tough fight as it's all on the line...right?

Dallas home game so they have the advantage...right?

Well not to be boys and girls.

It was 3-0 to St Louis after the first period.

5-0 after the second,

And when the pain stopped, the final score read 6 -1.

So St Louis go on to play the winner of Nashville predators and the San Jose sharks.

Hopefully a good one. Nashville won game 6 with a 4-3 overtime result to force the series to go to game 7. Maybe it was Aussie Keith Urban's free concert outside the stadium before the game that spurred the Preds on?!

Game is on tomorrow.

well good evening ge (hello ge how are you?) I am fine thanks!

Another game seven decider tonight. will we see a close fought battle or another dud like last night?

San Jose took on the Nashville preds at home.

And....

It was a dud, unless you're a sharks fan. San Jose shut out the preds 5-0.

5-0! That's a butt kicking in anyone's language!

So we have the conference finals all lined up. The winners will see the best of the west take on the beasts from the east in a battle of Stanley Cup showdown supremacy.

But before that:

St Louis (blues) take on San Jose (Sharks) in the battle of the west and...

Tampa bay (lightning) take on Pittsburgh (penguins) in the eastern conference.

Who's cuisine will reign supreme?? (sorry, got all iron chef there for a minute.)

I noticed all the teams I listed first (above) lost, so maybe I'm an oracle like that Octopus in the soccer wrold cup awhile ago.

Anyway it's:

St Louis v San Jose

Tamps v Pens

Both series, as always are the best of seven (first to 4 wins.)

Game on sports fans!

And lol @ parra

Pittsburgh's win tonight give them a 2-1 series lead over Tampa.

San Jose and St Louis are tied at 1-1 with the third game to be played tomorrow.

:)

San Jose win 3-0 (giving them a 2-1 series lead.)

Tampa beat Pittsburgh levelling the series at 2-2!

Hi ge!

Hi mate!

Sorry if my posts sound a bit funny, but I am currently in Chicago so I am posting with an american accent!

No worries dawg!

Hey I had a hot dog for lunch!

Shuddup and get on with it!

Sheesh

Ok....

Tampa bay beat pittsburgh 4-3 in overtime and now lead their series 3-2. It's best of 7 so now the penguins are up against it! Who would've thought that with crosby, malkin, kessel etc in their line up?!?!?!

St Louis blues gave the san jose sharks a bit of a dusting the other day...6-3 the final score and now the series is tied.

Though I think everyone should want to see san jose score goals just for this fabbo goal song!!

everybody!!!

peace.

And the two teams going to the big show are.......

Pittsburgh Penguins and the San Jose sharks!

woot!

Best of 7 games for Stanley Cup glory!

pens lead 2-0 after the first two home games of the series.

san jose hope to bounce back with the next 2 games being on their home ice!

very good! I agree, even if it's sunny and 25 degrees where I was watching it! :)

And kabam! San Jose win their first game of the series 3-2 in oooooovertime!

Meaning there was no sweeps in this years playoffs series and the streak of 17 years without a sweep in the 'Grand final' series continues.

Game 4 coming up continues at San Jose's home ice.

Pens win game 4!

3-1

They now have a 3-1 lead in the final series. First to 4 wins....gets the stanley cup!

Can San Jose win 3 in a row?

Probably not but America's cup yacht racing springs to mind.

san jose bounce back and take game five 4 - 2

bringing the series to 3-2 pens.

can san jose continue the resurgence??

Maybe a bad night? But could be.

Only 22 and 1 win away from his first cup!

3 goals on 5 shots isn't amazing though.

bring on game 6!

Game 6 has been and gone.

A 3-1 win to.....

The Pittsburgh Penguins, the new Stanley Cup Champions!

Sidney Crosby wins the Conn Smyth trophy for mvp and Phil Kessel can lol @ Toronto as he now has a Stanley Cup ring to be able to rub in their faces.

So there you have it. Thanks to @Eagle2830 for being the only one reading and posting in here as well! Mvp to you!

So off to the world cup in august and additionally all Vancouver Canuck fans can look forward to more terrible signings and trades with coach Benning telling us how amazing they all are and ex canuck legend Trevor Linden faithfully regurgitating whatever Benning says. We're the nhl's Manly!

Thanks!

Has to be the best trophy in world sport and like Gary Bettman said its the hardest to win. Didn't get to watch the game today, was travelling home from last night's game from hell

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6