Playoffs - 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well the regular season is done and dusted and this canuck fan has sat through Vancouver's worst ever season. The NHL doesn't really focus on 'the wooden spoon' but still, thanks to the even worse Colorado Avalanche the 'Nucks only finished 29th out of a possible 30 teams.

Now we all fuss about rugby league coach firings and here is the list of teams who have recently fired their NHL coaches:

Vancouver (thank goodness)
Boston
Dallas
Florida
Los Angeles
Montreal
New York Islanders
St Louis

So, quite a list.

Ok, there's four divisions in Hockey, two in the east and two in the west.

Eastern conference divisions: Metropolitan and Atlantic
Western conference divisions: Central and Pacific

ROUND ONE MATCH UPS: (WC = wild card)

Atlantic division:
A1 Montreal
WC NY Rangers

A2 Ottawa yesyesyesyes yes!
A3 Boston suck it

Metropolitan division:
M1 Washington
WC Toronto

M2 Pittsburgh
M3 Columbus Out 4-1

Central division:
C1 Chicago Swept 4-0 woot!
WC Nashville

C2 Minnesota
C3 St. Louis

Pacific division:
P1 Anaheim
WC Calgary Flames out in a clean sweep

P2 Edmonton
P3 San Jose

This year the eastern conference teams have been way better than teams from the west, so when it gets into the final I think a team from the east will raise the cup.

A lot of people are predicting the Chicago Blackhawks from the west will go on to play the Washington Capitals from the east in the final. Opinions are divided on who will win from there.

Last edited:
Geez the capitals are the biggest choke artists. Maple Leafs starting 6 rookies and are up 2-1.

My oils currently up 2-1 agains the sharks as well. Too hard to watch while at work so I'll ask you @globaleagle , how special is McDavid?

Geez the capitals are the biggest choke artists. Maple Leafs starting 6 rookies and are up 2-1.

My oils currently up 2-1 agains the sharks as well. Too hard to watch while at work so I'll ask you @globaleagle , how special is McDavid?

The capitals...incredible isn't it? Two goal lead then 'fart.' The worst thing is....Toronto won!

An oilers fan...so you've had to have had the patience of a saint over the last decade or so. I think I know how that feels!

McDavid is very special. His smooth transition into the nhl, captaincy and the rest goes far beyond his years. Speed, skill...sheesh. He was the one player that I used to watch games before he made the nhl draft. It's enjoyable watching him play....more so for you as he is in your team!!

Maybe Caps coach Trotz will start playing Ovechkin more than 15 mins per game .... if his side is going to go down.

The capitals...incredible isn't it? Two goal lead then 'fart.' The worst thing is....Toronto won!

An oilers fan...so you've had to have had the patience of a saint over the last decade or so. I think I know how that feels!

McDavid is very special. His smooth transition into the nhl, captaincy and the rest goes far beyond his years. Speed, skill...sheesh. He was the one player that I used to watch games before he made the nhl draft. It's enjoyable watching him play....more so for you as he is in your team!!
About 11 years ago we had an exchange student stay with us, she was from Red Deer, Alberta. She got me into hockey. Unfortunately it was just after their 05' cup run and they've been trash ever since. It's nice for the city that they've turned it around, and their new arena is gorgeous.

I have a friend who's a big capitals fan, he's over it. It just doesn't make sense. They've won the last two presidents trophy haven't they? Ovechkin just can't make a Stanley cup.

I don't like the leafs either but as long as Chicago or ****tsburg get nowhere near the cup I'll be happy.

About 11 years ago we had an exchange student stay with us, she was from Red Deer, Alberta. She got me into hockey. Unfortunately it was just after their 05' cup run and they've been trash ever since. It's nice for the city that they've turned it around, and their new arena is gorgeous.

I have a friend who's a big capitals fan, he's over it. It just doesn't make sense. They've won the last two presidents trophy haven't they? Ovechkin just can't make a Stanley cup.

I don't like the leafs either but as long as Chicago or ****tsburg get nowhere near the cup I'll be happy.

I'm glad there's another one like me. In 1995 I was in Canada and my brother in law told me all about the canucks and how good they are. Admittedly in 1994 they got all the way to game 7 in the final and lost to the rangers (heartbreaking.)

He didn't tell me that the 'nucks had never won a cup. So I blindly followed his advice and well.....22 years later, still no cup, but another heartbreak in 2010.

For me, chicago and boston are my 'hate' teams. And especially Marchand from boston, the michael ennis of hockey. I can understand the pittsburg hate as well.

It's good having all the games on tv....but it's a lot of hockey!

Currently chicago and calgary are leading their games, toronto won (as you know) and Ottawa beat boston (yay)

Pittsburgh are through to round 2 (sorry Newwyeagle) but they beat Columbus and that means Tortorella as coach has lost and I can't stand him - wanker!

Chicago are out (wah hoo!!!) and in a sweep as well! First seed swept by the last and 8th seed ....wow! I think that's history! That means Nashville go through.

Anaheim go through after beating Calgary.

Minnesota falls 4-1 to St Louis
Habs lose to the NY Rangers
San Jose lose to the Edmonton Oilers

Last edited:
The Ottawa senators beat the Boston tool bags! woohoo!

The first placed Washington Capitals finally over came a resilient Toronto Leafs

Round two!

We are down to eight teams.

The match ups are:

Western conference:

Nashville Predators: Preds win 4-2

St Louis Blues

Anaheim Ducks: Ducks win 4-3
Edmonton Oilers

Eastern conference:

Washington Capitals
Pittsburgh Penguins: Pens win 4-3

New York Rangers
Ottawa Senators. Sens win the series 4-2

Last edited:
Wow. What a performance by the ducks. Talk about leaving to the last minute (or 4)

I know! I couldn't believe it whilst watching it.

Especially the last 3 mins of regulation time. 3 goals!

The oilers must be stunned.

2 goals in 30 seconds gives the capitals a last minute reprieve against the pens.

series is still 3-2 to the pens though and the series is also 3-2 to Ottawa over the nyr.

Well well well...the Preds winning game 6 four goals to two means that for the first time ever they are off to the western finals!

They will play the winner of the Edmonton v Anaheim series which is currently at 3-3 after Edmonton demolished Anaheim 7-1 in today's game!!!!

On the Eastern front: Pittsburgh lead Washington 3-2 in the best of 7 game series and; Ottawa lead the New York rangers 3-2 in their series.

Party on Bill and Ted

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7