Please do not use PM for Moderator enquiries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

We have opened a new forum on the boards, you can find it here

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Forum-Leadership-private-enquiries

The idea of this forum is so that if you have an enquiry for the moderators, or leadership team you can post in there, and all the moderators will be able to see it

We all as moderators get a lot of PM's relating to all sorts of things, from bannings, to why a post was deleted and so on.
We have found that when this happens via PM we only end up with a negative results, namely that personalities collide etc.

The idea of the leadership team was so that they can operate as a unit and make collective decisions and therefore better decisions which frees them up from the burden of having to deal with every or each complaint by themselves. If they reach a decision together then any one of them can answer regarding it, however should not be persecuted in any way.

We have seen an increase in private message enquiries and that is counter-productive to nurturing the environment of Manly loving and discussion we like and want to see.

So please from now on post in http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Forum-Leadership-private-enquiries
Only yourself and the moderators can see any posts you make, all other users will be unable to see the post or the ongoing discussion.

By and large the moderators shouldn't have to answer any questions in my opinion, what they do is a thankless task, and on top of that, the work they do takes away from their own enjoyment of this site, they are hear as Manly fans also remember and just want to enjoy Manly talk and manly games, they don't get paid for the time on this site, though I sorely wish I could, there should be no reason to explain why a post was removed etc, but if you feel like you require a more detailed explanation in the above mentioned forum and we will do the best to answer you.

Cheers
Dan

Hi Dan,

just sent you a PM enquiring about a few irrelevant things.:p

Good post.

Go Manly and share that Manly love Silvertails.

Seems strange the moderators shouldn't answer questions. But fair enough.

Agreed they should enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

As always their work is appreciated, they do a really good job. I think this is one area the site has really improved since I joined. Its a thankless job no doubt.

PS I miss @Matabele who doesnt post as much these days.

Mods will answer questions especially about the site in general usage or guidance.

However the mods often endure long ok discussions about why someone was banned, that usually turns into an argument and things denigrate. This way if someone feels they are owed an explanation as to why another user was banned or a post was deleted then they can ask it in there and the moderators get to still work as a team.

Also in circumstances personalities clash this is true of everyone including me, posting any queries in that new forum removed that as an issue and things should flow much better.

Hope that clears it up. So it's still ok to ask a question such as "how do I post xyz" or whatever via pm just trying to clear up the other spats and fights

Anyway you can mask the users and publish (for the rest of us.....)

I've been seen, there is a photo of Bones, Matilda and I somewhere

bob dylan said:
Has anyone ever seen this Dan.

Maybe he should be called eDan.

One sure way to know whether any of this is real: as they say in the classics, Ego sum vexillum ergo sum
[rough translation: I am banned therefore I exist]

bob dylan said:

Yep, he's real. I've seen him, had beers and watched some games with him at his house at Hervey Bay when he was living here. I even bought his router and mitre saw with stand from him before he left for Amsterdam.

Jethro said:
bob dylan said:

Yep, he's real. I've seen him, had beers and watched some games with him at his house at Hervey Bay when he was living here. I even bought his router and mitre saw with stand from him before he left for Amsterdam.

I was thinking about my router last night, with fondness. So satisfying, the sound it makes and the end result ahhhhhh woodworking bliss

I also miss my drill and my CM Saw :(

Longing for a router is a sickness, head down to the Banana Bar and ask for Dr. X he has a cure.

So you admit to it! 47 and still a dobber.

Can't remember the last time any of my garbage was cleaned up. In fact most people enjoy the **** that comes out of my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4