Pledge to win it for Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player said:
Win it for Des, win it for King & now win it for Zorba. How many more of these headlines will we see in the next few days.

Ivan Cleary, Sonny Fai etc etc

Its all crap, I dont know why they print this rubbish.

Manly coach Des Hasler admits sending departing media manager Peter 'Zorba' Peters out on a winning note is a source of motivation ahead of Sunday's NRL decider against the Warriors.

Peters, a two-time premiership-winning forward with the Sea Eagles in 1972 and '73, will end his 40-year association with the Silvertails on Sunday.

"Peter has been a very big part of Manly, particularly the last five years," Hasler said of his long-time friend.

"The players think highly of Peter as do his peers and it'd be a fitting way and a nice way for Peter to part with the side after winning the grand final."

It is understood the decision by new Sea Eagles chief executive David Perry to sack Peters at season's end has divided the northern beaches club.

Peters was informed his contract would not be renewed shortly after he called a female reporter a 'good sort', with Perry declaring the club was moving in a more 'contemporary direction'.

While the colourful 67-year-old, who writes a weekly column for Sportal, has polarised public opinion for the past four decades, the Manly players are united in their affection for Peters.

"He's always been there for us as players, especially involved in the media and that sort of thing and just being involved in the club," Sea Eagles co-captain Jamie Lyon said.

"So hopefully we can send him out on a good note."

Hasler suspects Peters will remain involved with the club long after his official role ends.

"Peter will always stay in touch with the club and in touch with rugby league, so I don't think you've seen the last of him," Hasler said.

Meanwhile, departing winger Michael Robertson is also eyeing a fairytale finish to his six-year stint with the Sea Eagles.

Robertson, who scored a hat-trick in the 2008 decider, will link with London based Super League club Harlequins from next season.

"It's more exciting than emotional," Robertson said of his final NRL appearance.

"It's a great way to finish up my career in the NRL knowing this is my last week I've been able to enjoy the whole week and it's been pretty relaxed at training so far, so I've really enjoyed this build-up."

"I'm sure after the game I'll probably get a little emotional with it being my last game, but at the moment I'm just excited about going out on a high note."

The durable winger dismissed suggestions his team-mates are motivated to send him out a winner.

"I think that'd be pretty far down on the list of reasons why we want to take this out on Sunday," he said.

"It's a great achievement for the club for a pretty consistent year we've had this year, so if we can get the result on Sunday it'll be a perfect way for myself to finish up but also great for the other 16 blokes that play the game."

Steve Orme
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/manly-inspired-by-zorba-140418

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7