• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Coach Luke Williamson says the depth of the Sea Eagles squad in the Intrust Super Premiership competition will ensure there is plenty of pressure applied to the NRL team.

The heavy recruitment over the pre-season sees the Sea Eagles blessed with a tremendous roster as players fight for a position in the NRL team.

The opening round of the Intrust Super Premiership competition (formerly known as the NSW Cup) saw the Sea Eagles field a wealth of talent headed by the likes of Josh Starling, Brenton Lawrence, Tom Symonds, Luke Burgess and Tim Moltzen.

Unfortunately, the Sea Eagles went down 34-16 to the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown.

However, the form of Starling and Lawrence saw Barrett promote them to the NRL side, replacing Darcy Lussick and Blake Leary who line up for the Sea Eagles against Wentworthville at Ringrose Park this Sunday at 3pm.

Williamson said this year’s Intrust Super Premiership would again be a very strong competition.

“There are players sprinkled throughout all the teams that have played a huge amount of first grade,’’ Williamson said.

“It means you need to be on the money and you need to have healthy squads.

“The selection of Josh and Brenton shows Trent Barrett is going to pick players on form. It can only be a benefit for the club.

“A player will now be thinking if I do the right thing and keep performing, I am going to get my opportunity (in the NRL). I wish Josh and Brenton all the best and hope they do well.”

Williamson said there were plenty of positives to take from the opening round loss to the Tigers after the team trailed 10-4 at half-time.

“If we can execute the structure that we have been working on, it is going to put us in a good position. There were a couple of opportunities where the pass was a bit too high or a bit behind the player,’’ he said.

“If that was on the money, we put ourselves in a great position to score tries and to also build pressure.

”The frustrating thing was because we had ‘X’ amount of opportunities in the first half, it was always going to swing back the other way.

“It gave the Tigers confidence and unfortunately, we gave them a sniff. Before we knew it, they scored three tries and the game got away from us. When we went back to our basic structure and got some good ball, we scored two tries.”

Wentworthville Magpies v Manly Sea Eagles
Ringrose Park, Sunday 13 March
3:00pm

MAGPIES 1 SCOTT SCHULTE 2 BURETA FARAIMO 3 VAI TOUTAI 4 JOHN FOLAU 5 HONETI TUHA 6 MITCH CORNISH 7 LUKE KELLY 8 RORY O’BRIEN 9 ISAAC DE GOIS 10 KELEPI TANGINOA 11 CODY NELSON (C) 12 MATT WOODS 13 DAVID GOWER INTERCHANGE 14 CAMERON KING 15 ANDREW PEARN 16 NICK KASSIS 17 BLAKE COOK HEAD COACH JOEY GRIMA

MANLY 1 BEN FRITZ 2 HALAUAFU LAVAKA 3 PETER SCHUSTER 4 TONY SATINI 5 FABIAN GOODALL 6 TIM MOLTZEN 7 PITA GODINET 8 LIAM KNIGHT 9 HUGH PRATT 10 DARCY LUSSICK 11 FELETI MATEO 12 TOM SYMONDS 13 BLAKE LEARY INTERCHANGE 14 DANIEL VASEK 15 DYLAN KELLY 16 LUKE BURGESS 17 ADDIN FONUA-BLAKE COACH LUKE WILLIAMSON

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/content/seaeagles/club/news/2016/03/10/plenty_of_depth_adds.html

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8