Poll about discussion in Rumours thread!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should the Rumoured and Confirmed Signings thread allow discussion or only 'news'?

• Only 'news'

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • discussion as well!

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
I'm ok with some pertinent discussion in that thread. Seems stupid to have to start another thread just to discuss each rumoured signing. I think what frustrates people is off topic dribble that clogs up the thread.

If your life is that busy and important that you can't flick past a few potentially distracting posts to get your fix of latest rumours then I feel for you.

Yeah maybe a rumours thread where you can discuss and a confirmed sgnings thread which is just news....

I really miss the discussion in this thread, Is it worth having another thread for Rumoured and confirmed signings discussion?
Because making a new thread for one of two coments on each signing seems crazy

Yeah well I'm one of @Ralphie 's converted ones.

I didn't really think that there had been much to complain about until I went through all of the posts from the originating post on Oct 4 until Jan 7 and found and deleted all of the mostly off topic and discussion posts.

Out of the existing posts at the time, there were 543 posts and out of that 543 posts, there were only 149 on topic, non-discussion posts so that is a lot of garbage (or approximately an extra 20 pages) that you had to wade through to get to all the on topic stuff.

I really can't see what the problem is in creating a new thread if you want to discuss something from the '2016 Rumoured and confirmed signings.' thread. So what if there may temporarily be a lot of threads with only a few posts. If nobody wants to discuss the content of those threads then they mustn't have been all that important to discuss in the first place and they will quickly disappear from the front page of the thread listing and into the bowels of the Silvertails 'Rugby League Forum' content. :)

There are a handful of people on here who seem to be labouring under the delusion that the majority of users on this site care about their political views, holiday plans etc. I don't mind when boring threads get hijacked by that crap but when I see that there's a new post in the rumoured and confirmed signings thead I want it to be real news. Save the banter for every single other thread.

Im not talking banter but when I see a post that says " Mason rumoured to Souths" I'd like to be able to say "Mason would be a good depth pickup for the bunnies" Rather then starting a whole new thread for it

I think we should start a whole forum for it with a new subdomain... Just kidding.

If nobody wants to discuss the content of those threads then they mustn't have been all that important to discuss in the first place and they will quickly disappear from the front page of the thread listing and into the bowels of the Silvertails 'Rugby League Forum' content. :)[/USER]

Until someone...errr maybe has a bit too much to drink then bumps the thread again! @:blush:

I think we should start a whole forum for it with a new subdomain... Just kidding.

Couldn't you just add a button for that?!

Mate don't hijack the thread talking about hijacked threads.

Damn, I was hoping no one had done so....so I could post about the irony of this thread going off topic.

Hey look, a squirrel!

Until someone...errr maybe has a bit too much to drink then bumps the thread again! @:blush:

Couldn't you just add a button for that?!

Damn, I was hoping no one had done so....so I could post about the irony of this thread going off topic.

Hey look, a squirrel!

Fauna%20-%20Squirrels%20Rodents%20etc%2022.jpg

Did you call me @globaleagle ?​

Im not talking banter but when I see a post that says " Mason rumoured to Souths" I'd like to be able to say "Mason would be a good depth pickup for the bunnies" Rather then starting a whole new thread for it
The problem is someone will disagree with you, then someone else will suggest we pickup some other player for depth and before you know it there is 3 pages of drivel about who we theoretical, possibly, maybe, probably should pickup for depth.

Then when the next poor sap comes along wondering who has been signed or what rumour there is, they read through pages of drivel to find.............NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Yes that is the problem in a nutshell (but don't tell that squirrel).

Given the thread is a sticky so it's always easy to access, I see some merit in keeping it 'clean'.

Maybe a small cultural adjustment will solve the problem.

Members needn't feel shy about starting a new thread to make a comment, it's really quite easy to do. And there's no need to feel totally humiliated just because no-one wants to comment on your thread. Really. Trust me, you get over it eventually! :mad:

Next thing is ,we all have to know Ralphie's favourite meal is Bangers & mash with onion gravy.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4