Poll of who should be Manly's Halfback for 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who do you believe would be the best halfback option for Manly for 2011?

• Daly Cherry-Evans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooper Cronk

• Matt Orford

• Total voters

abnc

Reserve Grader
Since there has been a lot of comments and rumours floating around, i have decided to put this question to a poll so we can finally decide who the people's choice is to be halfback for Manly for 2011.

If Cronk was on the market and we got him there would be no question in my mind.

If he isn't which seems likely then I am all for DCE getting a run as long as everyone understands he is young and dont expect the world of him

Yeah maybe i should clarify the poll. The poll is in the assumption that all 3 players are available and would sign with us. So you have to choose the best option in your opinion.

torana355 link said:
Cooper Cronk is not leaving the Storm so take that option out.

This poll is only an opinion on who you think would be ideal for us for 2011. It doesn't matter if they will come or not, just wanted to get an idea of people's thoughts in relation to who they would prefer out of the 3.

BTW, the inclusion of Orford was really just to have a laugh. Wanted to see if anyone actually gave him a vote. So far on 0 and can't see that rising. Having said that, some smart arse will now probably give him a vote for the hell of it.

abnc link said:
[quote author=torana355 link=topic=184232.msg277709#msg277709 date=1279856816]

This poll is only an opinion on who you think would be ideal for us for 2011. It doesn't matter if they will come or not, just wanted to get an idea of people's thoughts in relation to who they would prefer out of the 3.

BTW, the inclusion of Orford was really just to have a laugh. Wanted to see if anyone actually gave him a vote. So far on 0 and can't see that rising. Having said that, some smart arse will now probably give him a vote for the hell of it.
[/quote]well if thats the case & we playing imaginary signings , why not add scott prince, mitchell pearce,  thurston & others as well lol..

jjai link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184232.msg277713#msg277713 date=1279857106]

[/quote]well if thats the case & we playing imaginary signings , why not add scott prince, mitchell pearce,  thurston & others as well lol..
[/quote]

Yes this!! 

jjai link said:
[quote author=abnc link=topic=184232.msg277713#msg277713 date=1279857106]

[/quote]well if thats the case & we playing imaginary signings , why not add scott prince, mitchell pearce,  thurston & others as well lol..
[/quote]

Haha, no i'm only going off what's being said in the other posts. BAZ believes we are a chance of signing Cronk and Orford is available. So wanted to know people's opinion.

Why include 2 choices who are not at the club - and who won't be at the club - and omit someone who is at the club . . . Foran. I'd say he is the fall back choice if DCE does not measure up.

Foran imo is better served at 5/8. He has more flexibility there and isn't as constrained. He is a very good ball player and thinks outside the square. Even though this may seem like a big rap to such a young bloke but some of his ball playing skills this year reminded me a lot of cliffy in the day.

Dan link said:
If Cronk was on the market and we got him there would be no question in my mind.

If he isn't which seems likely then I am all for DCE getting a run as long as everyone understands he is young and dont expect the world of him

Ths sums up my view, and I think it is probably the majority view.

Foran should be 5/8th.

I reckon we should keep discussing the merits of the poll.... That would be fun.

More seriously, if we could get Cronk, without butchering our ability to afford good players around him then that would be great. Otherwise DCE. Orford did great for us in 08 but his time is gone.

i agree ads... but some clown still gave Orford a vote. Now current on 1 vote.

I dare the person who gave him the vote to speak up now... or forever hold your peace...

I think DCE should get a run ,cronk is good but would his style suit MANLY give evans a go, and buy another decent forward instead.

TBH out of all the other half backs out there there are only 2 that I would have in the team

Cronk and Pearce

Thurston may be the worlds best but he is a liability and I dont think would bring much to the team. Though I wouldnt complain if we signed him.

Prince is good but bloody injury prone of late and so on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8