[poll] Silvertail Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Your preference Liberal or Labor?

• Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[quote author=tookey]
If only it was true next saturday.

It might be-there might be a total of 32 votes for the liberals
[/quote]

That many?

The Libs are starting to turn on each other - they have run an appalling campaign and if by some chance they limp over the line with a 'lazarus' like recovery in the marginals, Howard will be gone in a few months!!! He is not coping with the rigours of the campaign.

Just sent this to the letters section of the rag in Bennelong:

John Howard’s recent campaign efforts remind me of Patti Newton on Dancing With the Stars – a bit past it, worn out, and going around in circles in an increasingly disturbing manner.

How can we have never been better off but also living in troubled economic times?

How can unions be irrelevant but also a threat to everything we hold dear?

How can you be a man of the future when you are about to retire?

Maybe Mr Howard would be better off doing the Paso Doble with Daryl and co. than the Retirement Shuffle with the Australian people.

Yep, he should be more honest like the ALP state premiers are............Bracks, Beattie and Carr.

Don't start on dishonesty Byso. Has their been a more dishonest Federal Govt than the current one? John has only announced his retirement as it suits his party poliltically. Also, despite the pretences he and Peter hate each others guts and mask the charade to suit themselves.

They are all politicians and they are all dishonest no matter what party they belong to.

There will be plenty comming out soon about Rudd which will paint him in a not so innocent light.

They are all politicians and they are all dishonest no matter what party they belong to.

There will be plenty comming out soon about Rudd which will paint him in a not so innocent light.
That is the Liberal Spin Tookey - you have been reading Piers Ackerman too much. Smear Gillard, Smear Rudd.

Why don't Howard and Costello come out with something that they are going to do instead of simply use scare tactics. If there are so good, tell us.

Unions are irrelevant but there are to be feared. Life in Australia is great but be scared about the future. I control interests rates when they are down but when they go up it is not my fault but it is Labor's fault. Workchoices does not affect your jobs but you ought to be thankful you have a job!! All crap and spin.

The second best one: Rudd has the same policies as us!!!!! Rudd has no idea and no policies. Can't have it both ways.

The corker: Me and Peter Costello are mates!!!! (We are such good actors that the fact that we hate each other's guts is just a Labor myth) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=tookey]

Why don't Howard and Costello come out with something that they are going to do instead of simply use scare tactics. If there are so good, tell us.

At least Abbott has come out and offered $9m which is mroe than labor have offered. He didn't have to because he will win his seat anyway.

Howard and costello's record on the economy speaks for itself. Lowest unemployment for years and a booming economy which survived the asian crisis a few years ago without much difficulty and the sub prime issues in the US have not had much effect either.

Inflationary pressures are a worldwide problem and we cannot isolate ourselves from it because it is worse with our major trading partners such as china. A little thing like the worst drought for a 100 years has also had a bit of an effect on inflationm as well.

As the ad says - interest rates have exceeeded 10% under the last 3 labor governments. Prepare yourself for 10% interest rates if Rudd gets in. Would you survive rates this high?

The concern is that the unions have put in over $30m towards the relection campaign for labor and they will be wanting a substantial return on their money. Abolish workchoices and watch wages and inflation surge. We might even have a beer and petrol strike in time for Xmas.

We will have an interesting 3 years ahead if labor win on saturday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6