Positive Article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
Don't overreact to fight, greats urge NRL

http://www.nrl.com/dont-overreact-to-fight,-greats-urge-nrl/tabid/10874/newsid/64472/default.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

great article and its what ive been saying....give Glenn and Adam 2 weeks each and fine both clubs. As MG states, there are more incidents over a NRL season that are far worse and things like head butts, eyegouges, king hits etc there is no place in the game for, but a 1 on 1 biff.....fair go...treat it as it should be treated

MG, Johns & Fittler are no brainiacs however at least they have played the game and show some commonsense!

Sheikheagle said:
MG, Johns & Fittler are no brainiacs however at least they have played the game and show some commonsense!

Absolutely SheikEagle

..and its the idiots like Hadley and Gallop, who have never played the game, that potentially can damage us the most.

From the 2009 Origin brawl.

But Storm prop White, and NSW Rugby League general manager Geoff Carr explained away the incidents as the passion of the game boiling over while Price yesterday described it all as being "just footy. Sometimes it goes that way."

Match review chairman Greg McCallum said White and Price both escaped sanction for their parts in the one-on-one fight because it was accepted that in league that "sometimes players fight. Provided that it is contain within the two of them and it ends when it ends naturally then we don't have have a major issue with it."

He agreed that a similar fight between two AFL players would have probably seen a tougher sanction, but "one's a body contact sport and one's a semi-contact sport. There's a lot of non-contact in AFL but there's also a lot of elbowing that takes place and issues off the ball that I suppose we find challenging to view as well."

But he said the tolerance did not extend to players rushing in and escalating the issue, which is why Waterhouse is facing a one-match ban after being charged with contrary conduct.

Carr said while he did not condone what happened, it could be explained by the circumstance the players found themselves in with Queensland, which had secured an unprecedented fourth consecutive series win, attempting to inflict a final humiliation on the Blues in front of a sold-out Suncorp Stadium.

"The message I'm (trying to get across) is that this isn't typical ? It was a one-off and we'll do our best to make sure that it doesn't happen again but the reason why it happens is because it's important to them," he said.

NRL chief executive David Gallop would not comment yesterday

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/league/origin-passion-behind-brawling-20090717-dn2t.html#ixzz1WJl8PXGJ

EagleRock40 said:
great article and its what ive been saying....give Glenn and Adam 2 weeks each and fine both clubs. As MG states, there are more incidents over a NRL season that are far worse and things like head butts, eyegouges, king hits etc there is no place in the game for, but a 1 on 1 biff.....fair go...treat it as it should be treated

Speaking of headbutts anyone remember Jaryd Hayne throwing headbutts at Slater and not coping a suspension. One would have to say that that is no worse a look for the public than last Fri nights brawl. Where were the howls of think of the kids then, or the SOO brawls that have been dismissed as just boys being boys. Let's see just what grade of hypocrisy Gallop will pull with this one.

The Greg Alexander that is trainer for Manly is not the same Greg Brandy Alexander that played for Penrith.

What Blair has done is smart - hosing down the issue but also hinting that the Bench clearing was related to what Manly had already done.

A few smart media releases from our end would be equally effective, especially here in Sydney where the case will be heard.

Interesting to note that Gallop has stated that he will have no contact with the judiciary or match review committee. That he even needed to say that shows me how he is perceived!!!

I'm sick to death of people getting on here and calling david gallop a muppet.That is extremely unfair,and casts a slur and a stain on the muppets that cannot come off.I quite like the Swedish chef,and his and gonzos chickens,and Stadler and Waldorf (spelling!!)are dry witted legends.

WTH? They replaced the article on the website and took down the one on smh.com. WTF are they up to?

Seriously I'm starting to believe in the conspiracy theories.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6