Positive Media Attention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So many positive media articles on the Sea Eagles this pre -season in contrast to last season
It would appear that certain people who are now in full control and have no hidden agenda it seems
I wonder if the previous board members that if they would have got control and did the same clean out how much positive media we would be getting ?
But anyway you look at it it can only be good for the team and the success that this new team and coaching staff can achieve in 2016 with everyone working as one . As most times it is said that if your front office is in good shape the rest will follow . Even though Manly has achieved success with dysfunctional boards

Great to see the Qantum aligned Leaks have stopped white anting the club

Relax everyone, we are only one off-field calamity away from a tidal wave of bad publicity. Admittedly the odds have lessened somewhat since Twitmough's departure to Bradamatta 12 months ago.

It never ceases to amaze me. This time last year, we were getting SMASHED in the media: endless DCE/$Forme articles (all bad) and early whispers of Tooves getting booted. It goes to show that some people will happily destroy a season and the careers of players and a club legend to get what they want.. Whilst I'm sure we are now in a better position, I'm also sure that the way they went about it with the leaks and conniving bullsh*t will always be remembered as a dark period by the fans...

If the Forearm and DCE stuff had been resolved 12 months ago, I'm sure we could have at least snuck into the finals, extending the run to a record equalling 11 years in a row.

And that's with all the other rubbish that Mr Fluffy, ZtH and co. wanted to shower the coach with.

It never ceases to amaze me. This time last year, we were getting SMASHED in the media: endless DCE/$Forme articles (all bad) and early whispers of Tooves getting booted. It goes to show that some people will happily destroy a season and the careers of players and a club legend to get what they want.. Whilst I'm sure we are now in a better position, I'm also sure that the way they went about it with the leaks and conniving bullsh*t will always be remembered as a dark period by the fans...
Spot on

And these people thought nothing of destroying the club's reputation at the same time.

Enjoy it while it lasts, trust me slagging Manly off is great for selling newspapers and TV ratings and wont be long before this happens. Remember News limited will never forgive us for defying them on super league and the current NRL administration is run by guys who hate our club.

If we are massively successful next year we will be public enemy number 1 again, bring it on, the more they hate us the more we irritate them

What amazes me is we shafted players that had binding contracts (some only just signed) and have gone on a spending spree yet have not had the usual bad publicity for it.

This would be an Occassion where I would expect to be hammered by the media and the public but all I've got from opposition supporters is how well we've bought!

Sometimes I just can't work people out!

All of the negative media was internally orchestrated to avenge a perceived wrong in 2v releasing Gifty, and blaming Chez for who knows what. :cool:
We had 18 months of 'DCE and Snake Hatred' and 'Toovey is a dead man Walking' :mad:

The 'fluff' pieces we are now getting were noted by @Mark from Brisbane recounts of the ZtH Cafegate. @:cool:

Once the season gets going, expect the 'Manly Fans Don't Travel' and 'Brookvale Oval is a ****hole' stories to be reprinted :wondering:

Baz will come under scrutiny, as he has been given every conceivable advantage to get the wins - unlike other new coaches@:cool:

It will be interesting to see if the Qld SOO and Media mob lay of Chez now that almost every Club has swapped key players in the off season :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6