Positives from the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
I think the effort was there tonight, defence was very good, we lacked some execution, Parra's defence and commitment was top four standards.

Poor Jamie Buhrer had a nightmare against his old club

Over all i am proud of the boys effort and even after all the knock on's etc

The one thing that cost us the game at the end, was some late contact by Martin Tapau...

I am not sure that was worth a penalty ???? and also to decide the game ????

We did not come away with the win, but, it was a solid effort minus Jamie Buhrer and Turbos late knock ons gifting Parra possession

I am upset with the result ... not with the effort and commitment

Not many teams would have beaten Parra tonight

I think the effort was there tonight, defence was very good, we lacked some execution, Parra's defence and commitment was top four standards.

The one thing that cost us the game at the end, was some late contact by Martin Tapau...

We did not come away with the win, but, it was a solid effort minus Jamie Buhrer and Turbos late knock ons gifting Parra possession

Sorry! positive views are not allowed on this forum.

One of the lowest games I have seen. Our last chance of a win this year and we turn up playing that [email protected] i was there and we were really poor

Last edited:
The only positive was the post match press conference. To see the look on Jakes face after a loss makes me so proud of him. I've genuinely never seen a player so devastated after every loss.
He's just like us, wants nothing more than a Manly win.
Was also nice to see Barrett show some emotion but **** me, channel that emotion into coming up with some better game plans and selections.

You missed out the bit about trying to get a job with A Current Affair, With all your sensationalist topic titles

geez, all i could come up with was:
now any players requiring surgery in the off season could have it done now.

thats it folks!

The best defensive team usually wins the comp, we have now got a very good defence which will put us in with a chance next year with an improved attack. We were in finals contention 10 or so years ago and Penrith destroyed us at Brookie in the last round. Does anyone apart from me bring it up? All that matters is that we are heading in the right direction.

Earlier this year we were letting in some of the softest tries in history.

We actually look like we defend properly now, with a few individual lapses.

For whatever reason we are not coming up with decent plays consistently in attack. We will need to fix this by the start of next year or we will just be another Dragons outfit.

Positives;
Defence was very good. They had some speed out wide and we covered them very well and handled their pack. Our go forward is a lot better and we have more punch.
With those slippery conditions, no 5/8, no second ball playing option other than DCE, an opposition side rushing up all night, slow delivery from hooker, and our most dangerous player tom getting hardly any touches inside the opposition 20m were the factors why we didn't win.

If Jamie plays i think we win. We need walker to play in the centers and another genuine 5/8 so we have attacking options on both sides. Parcell at hooker would also make a difference. In the end they scored one try off a lucky kick we just didn't adjust to the rushing defence and a few dropped balls and penalties in the last 5m hurt. I wish Vave played some more minutes, at least he might of tried a few different offloads and second phase play, but the conditions were very very slippery and holding the ball was important - ironically we dropped it 3 times in good attacking position.

The only positive was the post match press conference. To see the look on Jakes face after a loss makes me so proud of him. I've genuinely never seen a player so devastated after every loss.
He's just like us, wants nothing more than a Manly win.
Was also nice to see Barrett show some emotion but **** me, channel that emotion into coming up with some better game plans and selections.

what, like teach those useless arseholes Buhrer and tom-T not to drop the ball.

PS (I am being sarcastic, but I make as much sense as dickheads blaming Barrett)

The only positive I can take away from last night is that the pack is finally starting to be scary again. Psycho's like Taupau, Lussick, AFB, and even Starling trying to take peoples heads off is a nice change from the way we were bullied at the back end of 2014 and all of last year.

As far as the attack goes, yes another option at 5/8 would be great. DCE is not a good organiser, he is a runner of the ball and needs a strong foil to be effective. Lyon has been helping him immensely the last month.

Walker ran at a retreating defensive line last night on the last and could have passed to either centre or winger for a barge over (or at worst give the ball back 2m out from the Eels line) instead he kicked a grubber dead; it was atrocious.

Lussick is the main positive. I'm enjoying watching him play.
First time in a long time we've had a forward really go after the other team.
Shame for him he wasn't playing during the 80's and 90's when an agro forward was able to bust heads.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4