Positives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Darcy Lussick was awesome 173 meters, Tom Trbojevic and Jake Trbojevic where great as usual. Walker is back to his best with a simplified role of running and scoring IMO try of the year. Buhrer was solid as was Parcell. Plus we have a new goal kicker. Vave is playing well starling had a dig

Yes. It was a good performance for the first 50 minutes but our lack of class, and experienced leadership showed.
I was very disappointed again with Snake. He needed to step up and lead the team, but doesn't seem interested.
I doubt it is worth keeping him in first grade now that our season is shot. May as well blood a youngster who has a dig.
PS: Did anyone notice how poor we were when Mr Plod returned to the field? And some posters think he is a leader!
Again, let's get Liam Knight into the 17 to give him a taste of the top grade and prepare him for next season.

This might be a bit too optimistic but I think we have some chance of competing/maybe winning the following games - not saying all of them but I think we might be in with a chance with:
R15 - Titans
17 - StGeorge - Brookie - I'll be at this match. Please win Manly!
19 - Warriors - Perth
20 - Rabbitohs - they kinda suck too
21 - Knights - Brookie
22 - Eels
25 - Raiders - Brookie
I've written off Cows, Dogs, Storm, Panthers even though anything can happen in a game of footy.
Next time we win I'm having a private dance party on my lounge.

Darcy Lussick was awesome 173 meters, Tom Trbojevic and Jake Trbojevic where great as usual. Walker is back to his best with a simplified role of running and scoring IMO try of the year. Buhrer was solid as was Parcell. Plus we have a new goal kicker. Vave is playing well starling had a dig
I was at the game and the guy next to me agreed with me that Starlo was great and tried his heart out.

When Myles replaced him I thought he would fire up the team with his experience, well i hoped that would happen.

This might be a bit too optimistic but I think we have some chance of competing/maybe winning the following games - not saying all of them but I think we might be in with a chance with:
R15 - Titans
17 - StGeorge - Brookie - I'll be at this match. Please win Manly!
19 - Warriors - Perth
20 - Rabbitohs - they kinda suck too
21 - Knights - Brookie
22 - Eels
25 - Raiders - Brookie
I've written off Cows, Dogs, Storm, Panthers even though anything can happen in a game of footy.
Next time we win I'm having a private dance party on my lounge.
I agree with this Nicci, think we can still win some games.

Jake was OK,no better than that and to be honest he needs to improve to justify the hype.Good player yes,great no.Has years to improve his game and should be mainstay of our pack.Buhrer missed 8 tackles and is always dominated in the ruck hence the penalties.Tries hard but is easily the most overrated player in the team outside of Snake.Lussick was not awesome..he finally just did the job that he needs to do to justify his 300k gift from Bozo.

Parcell would be a superstar behind a dominant pack with quick play the balls.Also notice how he is always the bloke chasing the runaway tries all the way.Walker was great most of the time but just got too cute with those cut out balls in the second half.Tom was fantastic in attack but a liability in defence.He is playing injured.What a star he will be.

I looked at our draw today and there are a number of winnable games in the second half of the season. However we are a very ordinary side right now. That Penrith team was a rabble in the first half. They played a bit of footy in the second and rolled us. Darcy was real good other than he and Walker in the first and Jake it was fairly rough to watch. Anyone who thinks api is a half is kidding themselves, atrocious kicking game.

My positive was listening to Barrett's press conference like him or not he was p*ssed and emphasised we don't have a 80 minute team at the moment, the players seem to crumble as soon as the tides turn he showed passion and belief in the players he has and stuck up for Walker with regards to SOO. Remember we don't know how much power he had in choosing all the team so at the end of the day he is working with what he has....

My positive was listening to Barrett's press conference like him or not he was p*ssed and emphasised we don't have a 80 minute team at the moment, the players seem to crumble as soon as the tides turn he showed passion and belief in the players he has and stuck up for Walker with regards to SOO. Remember we don't know how much power he had in choosing all the team so at the end of the day he is working with what he has....
Agreed mate. Some of his words below:

Trent Barrett finally loses his cool
For 13 rounds Trent Barrett has stayed cool, calm and composed as Manly's season collapsed around him.

MORE: Video: Dylan Walker magic try sparks Origin debate | Revealed: The player nobody wants

Then came Sunday's meek surrender to Penrith - Manly blowing a seemingly unassailable 20-point lead - and Baz could no longer hold his tongue.

"I am (angry) because we were the better side for an hour," the Manly coach said.

"It was 24-4 and that should be enough to put a team away.

"That was a massive game in terms of our season and now it's going to be real hard.

"That's what ****s me the most. We put ourselves in a position to win and threw it away as easily as we've done.

"We're missing three and a half million dollars' worth of players - I know that – but we were still in a position to win."

Manly used to be almost impossible to beat at Brookvale Oval.

But after losing seven of their last eight games on the northern beaches, The Fortress suddenly looks like it's made out of cardboard.

Just don't tell Barrett the club is losing their hard mental edge.

He said: "It's not disappearing – it's the personnel that's disappearing.

"You take out your captain, you take out Matai, you take out your halfback, you take out Lawrence.

"And the last few years you take out Foran, you take out Watmough, you take out Kite, you take out King – that's a lot of experience."

"We're good for an hour then have a 15-20 minutes period where we capitulate and can’t handle any adversity.

"We've got a lot of young players who are still learning to be first graders."

he can always leave and go back to the riff if he is upset that bozo the clown fills in the team chit each week.

sorry, twenty can cry me a river but I support manly not a charade.

Sorry but vave is rubbish

He is buggered after three runs and is a huge liability in defence as he is so slow

Congrats on the most hyperbolic post of the evening.

Quite an effort, considering some of the usual suspects dribbling efforts.

Jake was OK,no better than that and to be honest he needs to improve to justify the hype.Good player yes,great no.Has years to improve his game and should be mainstay of our pack.Buhrer missed 8 tackles and is always dominated in the ruck hence the penalties.Tries hard but is easily the most overrated player in the team outside of Snake.Lussick was not awesome..he finally just did the job that he needs to do to justify his 300k gift from Bozo.

Parcell would be a superstar behind a dominant pack with quick play the balls.Also notice how he is always the bloke chasing the runaway tries all the way.Walker was great most of the time but just got too cute with those cut out balls in the second half.Tom was fantastic in attack but a liability in defence.He is playing injured.What a star he will be.
Whatever happens after this season we MUST retain Parcell.

Time to blood youngsters and give Tommy a rest as well, how long has his ankle troubled him and I'm surprised he still plays on.

Absolutely spot on......was sitting not too far from Tom for some of the game. And it looked liked he could not walk properly and it seemed he was not putting his full weight on his ankle too in parts, very concerning actually. Amazed he even runs the ball at times, I would say he is in a fair bit of pain and just gets needles or whatever to dull it. Hope it does not give him long term damage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6