Post 10,000 and thanks Dan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I usually post on my IPhone and unless I actually look I have no idea of my post count but I was using my wife's IPad this morning and saw I was on 9996, so thought I should write something prophetic for number 10,000.

I'm also passing DSM5 , who it seems hasn't posted for a number of years, sadly as he's such an important part of Silvertails.

I'll never forget his insights from the Brett Stewart trial, at the time we hung on to every word he typed.

He joined me on a few MWTS trips as well ( as did many other Silvertailers) , top guy, come back soon buddy!!

There's many on here I've met, many I'd like to, and a few rub me up the wrong way, especially that @globaleagle ....Lol, all good mate you are hilarious at times!!

I've posted a lot lately as we are in Moree minding the grandkids whilst the son in law has his cancer treatment , but we are having a big break soon and as I'll be way out west ( where the sun don't shine!!) there will be limited access to the internet so you'll just have to survive without my quality insights!!

AND, my absence usually coincides with Manly having a run of wins, so fingers crossed !

I joined ST in 2008, after our Grand Final win and 7 years later it's still mostly fun, although I do waste a lot of time on here ( so my wife reckons).

I would really like to say a big thanks to @Dan , I know he gets thanked often but not often enough. The time , money and angst that he has invested in this is just a huge effort , most of us would not have hung in there for as long and especially that he now lives on the other side of the world.

So thanks again Dan, and to everyone else that makes up this little community, have a great day.

I usually post on my IPhone and unless I actually look I have no idea of my post count but I was using my wife's IPad this morning and saw I was on 9996, so thought I should write something prophetic for number 10,000.

I'm also passing DSM5 , who it seems hasn't posted for a number of years, sadly as he's such an important part of Silvertails.

I'll never forget his insights from the Brett Stewart trial, at the time we hung on to every word he typed.

He joined me on a few MWTS trips as well ( as did many other Silvertailers) , top guy, come back soon buddy!!

There's many on here I've met, many I'd like to, and a few rub me up the wrong way, especially that @globaleagle ....Lol, all good mate you are hilarious at times!!

I've posted a lot lately as we are in Moree minding the grandkids whilst the son in law has his cancer treatment , but we are having a big break soon and as I'll be way out west ( where the sun don't shine!!) there will be limited access to the internet so you'll just have to survive without my quality insights!!

AND, my absence usually coincides with Manly having a run of wins, so fingers crossed !

I joined ST in 2008, after our Grand Final win and 7 years later it's still mostly fun, although I do waste a lot of time on here ( so my wife reckons).

I would really like to say a big thanks to @Dan , I know he gets thanked often but not often enough. The time , money and angst that he has invested in this is just a huge effort , most of us would not have hung in there for as long and especially that he now lives on the other side of the world.

So thanks again Dan, and to everyone else that makes up this little community, have a great day.
Good post Mark!

Well done mate, big milestone that now allows you to post with unquestionable gravitas and have the whole forum hanging on every word. Everyone knows post count = credibility ;)

You invested plenty of time and effort of your own (and probably money) into the MWTS so your contribution has been as equally important to the Silvertails community. Enjoy that retirement.

I know what you mean about the missus. We've lost internet connection at home because of the recent storm. Wife showed mock concern about how I would survive without my "little Manly chat room" as she calls it. Personal hotspot on iPhone was my reply, promptly met with eye roll. Where there's a will there's a way.

Takes the helmet off, kisses the (Silvertails) badge, gestures with his keyboard towards his fellow posters who are standing as one with applause. Well played Mark, well played.

Where abouts in moree mark ? I worked there for about 12 months. I'm in tamworth.

Well done Mr Mark.

I saw this morning (about 2am aussie time) that you were closing in on your 10,000th. I was going to try and find the thread you made at around your 9000th (seems like yesterday) but the dog wanted to go for a walk (and poo) so it won out!

However two important things....1) I dispute the fact I have rubbed you up the wrong way ever, and 2) I am hilarious all the time!!!!

I know it's a forum and we're all a bunch of 1's and 0's (except for happily manly whom I have met) but when you are stuck a million miles from home with nothing to do but roll around in your big bank vault full of money * (*not true) you start to appreciate forumers like Mark who have not only put time into this site, but with his business as well. I'm sure he has a wealth of knowledge he could share....some he does....some out of respect for his sources he doesn't (what is the chemical formula of an elephant?)

So thanks to happy Mark, depressed Mark, but most of all....Manly fan Mark.

Thanks for posting!

:)

Where abouts in moree mark ? I worked there for about 12 months. I'm in tamworth.

Brad, I'm actually a Moree local, lived here for almost 50 years and coming up on 10 in Brisbane.

I started and owned Moree's travel agency ( for 30 years), sold it in 2005 and moved to Brissie.

I have two daughters , one lives in Melbourne and one still lives in Moree, it's her husband that last year had Colo Rectal ( Bowel) Cancer, which sadly has reappeared as Liver Cancer, so it's far from good news.

Mick has had one very big operation and is now undergoing Radiation / Chemo and will have his second Liver op about the end of August.

We are going to head west in our caravan and fish the Barcoo / Thompson and Cooper Rivers , maybe head to the coast for a bit and then return here for more child minding in mid to late August.

It's a tough time for a young family , Micks just 36, contracted it first up at 34.

We are just doing our best to help them as we can and that's with keeping their young families lives as normal as possible.

I too always look for your posts Mark. We are of a similar vintage, and seem to share some long-term memories of the Mighty Manly. I really enjoyed the trips to Brisbane that you organised, especially as they always resulted in wins.
I, too, waste far too much time on this Forum. These days I come on here to read good news. Sadly, there has been very little of it for around 12-months.
Stay healthy Mark, and please resist any incentives to switch to being a Bronco or Titans fan.
I hope I'm still a passionate Manly supporter by the time my 10,000th post is due.

Chin up mate - stay positive for your family, and hopefully MWSE can turn it around to give you more happiness. Sending positive vibes your way Mark.

Nice post Mark and congrats. It is always a pleasure reading your posts.

Best wishes with the family side hope he pulls through as I am sure that the whole Silvertails family will wish for the same.

Sigh, will I ever make the 10,000 posts ????? :)

Well you are by far the most "liked" person on Silvertails @bones. Bloody impressive strike rate as well 4228 likes from 7010 posts. Anyone would be mistaken for thinking you are a funny bugger. Don't slacken off though as @globaleagle is making a run.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2