Post number 5000 (and who is coming to the Goldie??)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
5000 posts on ST, not many compared to some but still a lot!!

By the way who is coming up to the Goldie for Round 26, and if you are have you decided to join the MWTS packagge???

Just $110.00 a head gets you a game ticket, all the transport to and from and a pre match function at the Robina Tavern.

Bookings close on Monday.......if you'd like more information (meaning you are NOT on my e-mail list)...then e-mail me and I'll send you the booking details.

By the way I am bringing Chris (who works with me here on the Manly packages) down to Brooky next Friday night, hope to catch up with the MWTS members (and anyone else for that matter) in the Lyons Den from about 4.00pm on Friday!!

Sorry Mark, a few unexpected bills have come in so I can't afford to fly up...

Really disappointed, especially after finding out it's a Saturday night game.

Mals said:
Sorry Mark, a few unexpected bills have come in so I can't afford to fly up...

Really disappointed, especially after finding out it's a Saturday night game.

Bad luck mate, and the Goldie is always a great night as well...LOTS of fanatical fans in SEQ and Northern NSW

I am a tentative yes for this game. Have to use my away ticket :)

but will try and meet up with people if I do go

Robina Tavern for pre game Dan, and note our ticket allocation will come from the same seats so you'll be sitting with us anyway...see you there!!

By the way I AM back from my month in the Cape York Peninsula....what an experience, sand, red dust, Crocs (and bloody heaps of em), magnificent Sunsets, $2.20 a litre Diesel, canned beer, $10 loaves of bread, mud, busted car parts (not many), flat tyres, dickhead drivers BUT....WOW.....you all have to go sometime it's spectacular!!!!

I'll be there. Perfect time for the game. Going to book Meriton Broadbeach again, good rates on QuickBeds at the moment for anyone in need of accomm (Price has skyrocketed on the Meriton site, possibly due to Father's Day).

I'll be doing my own thing this time around but can recommend Mark's deal to anyone that hasn't yet been. - Martin

Organized early for that night off work (it'll be a nice subtle get into sex and travel if they ring me).
Just deciding wether to go down for the game itself or stay the night.

It's an early game Ant so you could go down and back on Translink.....but overnight always best especially with it being the early game.....methinks some of the diehards might party hard afterwards!!

Would love to make this trip, but 90% sure I'll be playing my local rugby semi final on the Saturday, but won't know for sure until after the completion of the last round the week before. Mark - any ideas planned in the case we meet Melbourne in drizzle-town 1st week of the semis?

Mark from Brisbane said:
By the way I AM back from my month in the Cape York Peninsula....what an experience, sand, red dust, Crocs (and bloody heaps of em), magnificent Sunsets, $2.20 a litre Diesel, canned beer, $10 loaves of bread, mud, busted car parts (not many), flat tyres, dickhead drivers BUT....WOW.....you all have to go sometime it's spectacular!!!!

I hear ya. I did an 8 day trail bike tour from the tip of the Cape back to Cairns a few years ago and it was awesome. Love to go back up there one day.

EagleRock40 said:
Would love to make this trip, but 90% sure I'll be playing my local rugby semi final on the Saturday, but won't know for sure until after the completion of the last round the week before. Mark - any ideas planned in the case we meet Melbourne in drizzle-town 1st week of the semis?

As is ALWAYS the case we'll move into action as soon as we know the deal...we moved almost 200 to Melbourne in 2009 (or was it 10 I forget) for the semi final that was lost after Glen Halls baby died at birth.....that was done mostly over the weekend and into Monday and Tuesday with the semi being played on Friday...never worked so hard in all my life!!

[/quote]

I hear ya. I did an 8 day trail bike tour from the tip of the Cape back to Cairns a few years ago and it was awesome. Love to go back up there one day.
[/quote]

Bloody lunatic!!

We had a bunch of dirt bikers following us, sounds like I was doing it tough these guys were doing it REAL tough. Great bunch of guys and camped with them on several occasions BUT boy were they sore at the end of a day

The dust (only C & C or anyone that has been up there will know what I am saying) is like nothing you have ever seen before....it's impossibe to see in my Fourby, what it must have been like on a bike I can only imagine.

Add to that the 165 Million Corrugations......talk about 'shaking the **** out of you"....BUT all great fun!!

eagles2win said:
Organized early for that night off work (it'll be a nice subtle get into sex and travel if they ring me).
Just deciding wether to go down for the game itself or stay the night.

wtf?

:exclamation:

edit: I wont be there (obv) but did enjoy the game I went to in...2010 I think. Had the after function do at the teams hotel (which I stayed at as well.)

Pity we lost. We were sitting on the 50mtr line 3rd row back. Looking left towards the scary looking MWTS gang.

The dust is like talcum powder, and made for some interesting experiences. Trying to ride through that stuff at times was a "hang on and hope" exercise. Had quite a few offs, but nothing serious thank God.

Mad country. Some of the river crossings were wild, but when you hear the stories about what it is like in wet season, you just can't comprehend.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yeah they are pretty scary (BUT a lot of fun!!)

I thought your hat might at least make it??

That bugger is grounded until the finals.

I should add, welcome back from an arduous but enjoyable journey.

That dust is fine and gets everywhere I've heard.

Doing the trip on a bike would be crazy!!!!!

I am I'm awe of the bikers, I ride one myself but just a roadie and was in complete awe of them. The river crossings are pretty scary, as it was ( late in the dry) the water was still up to the bonnet for some. The dust is just ridiculous, as has been said like Talcum Powder

Mark from Brisbane said:
5000 posts on ST, not many compared to some but still a lot!!
Congrats on a big effort :) (Think I'm gaining on you though)
Unfortunately I don't think I can make GC this time, been away from home too much lately.
I thoroughly recommend the trip to anyone who hasn't been, though.

Sadly, Snake's Alive won't be making the journey back to QLD this season. Still unemployed and back to studying full time. I'm gonna get there next year I swear!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4