Posting articles from MWSE and Seaeagles.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

Whilst we all enjoy the content that comes from MWSE the articles like Bhurer's weekly updates etc, really should probably be read directly from the sea eagles site rather the copied verbatim to Silvertails.

A large part of the marketing for MWSE revolves around their sites, and it would be unfair of us to rob them of visits and visitors.

We all know the hard work Larissa does on this site, and I figure it would be nice of us to make her job a little easier and ensure that users visit and are directed to their site.

As such going forward with content from MWSE, rather than post the whole article, either to our articles section or in the forum, preferably to our articles :)

Rather than post the entire article, can we just post either a teaser or snippet and the link to the article on the MWSE or Sea eagles site. Or just the link. This way we get more people reading the article but we drive traffic to the source who deserve the traffic.

Any questions, suggestions or related discussion, let me know.

Dan

Only allow the heading of the article and link to to be posted and none of the content of the article. That way to read the article you have to be directed to MWSE site.

I think I am ok with "fair usage" and a teaser for the article, that is fairly standard practice

I was thinking more about the copyright disclaimer on MWSE - All information contained within this site is copyrighted by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles and cannot be reused, copied or otherwise without written permission by the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Larissa is probably the only one who should be posting any article about MWSE?

Yeah but under all copyright there is a "fair usage" and that applies for essentially the percentage reproduced. I mean for instance if you were writing a research paper on the articles released by MWSE it would be impossible to quote articles in any way without a fair usage policy.

Copying 100% verbatim is not really on, but using the intro text and then the link is beneficial for the other part rather than detrimental

Might be worthwhile giving a timely reminder about the advantages to the site of using the submit article function. 90% of the content posted here lately is just cut and paste into threads.

Understood Dan. Finally there is some good content going up on MWSE and they deserve to be rewarded with plenty of hits rather than everyone reading the content on here.

Chip and Chase said:
Might be worthwhile giving a timely reminder about the advantages to the site of using the submit article function. 90% of the content posted here lately is just cut and paste into threads.

Agreed

I need to get my ass in to gear about getting things ready for next year, including submitting articles from mobile devices

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4