Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the game just to get a rather moany week (on here) behind us.

God save us if we lose 😂😂
Losing is Blasphemy at Manly feathered friend
Lower our Legendary clubs Great Premiership Winning Standards
and We Stand for nothing Great
1715130854923.png

Look, in comparison to this time last year. We were also set on 11 points but that included our bye in round 2. So, in assessing where we're at, one could argue we are ahead of last year. I think also our draw was slightly easier last season comparing the quality of the opposition played this year, so far. We have improved. Stay positive.

Looking forward to the game just to get a rather moany week (on here) behind us.

God save us if we lose 😂😂
If we lose my recommendation is , avoid it for 2-3 days.

The funny thing is we can’t possibly win every game ( even the best sides don’t ) and whilst last Friday night was a very poor result , I remember from my limited footy playing days being told “ dust yourselves off , forget about that one , **** happens , and put all your efforts & thoughts into the next game as that’s the one that counts most “.

We had one ordinary game before that one , but for whatever reason we always seem to have these at Illawarra. But otherwise we’ve been winning ( one draw ) and whilst the footy hadn’t been pretty it’s still winning.

But we then lose on Friday night and out come the threads like “ Tom is a myth “ etc etc , it amuses me to no end.

Following my Cancer battle I’ve just got the opinion now that life’s too short to spend your days in negativity , after all it’s a footy game and really that’s all it ultimately is.

If we lose my recommendation is , avoid it for 2-3 days.

The funny thing is we can’t possibly win every game ( even the best sides don’t ) and whilst last Friday night was a very poor result , I remember from my limited footy playing days being told “ dust yourselves off , forget about that one , **** happens , and put all your efforts & thoughts into the next game as that’s the one that counts most “.

We had one ordinary game before that one , but for whatever reason we always seem to have these at Illawarra. But otherwise we’ve been winning ( one draw ) and whilst the footy hadn’t been pretty it’s still winning.

But we then lose on Friday night and out come the threads like “ Tom is a myth “ etc etc , it amuses me to no end.

Following my Cancer battle I’ve just got the opinion now that life’s too short to spend your days in negativity , after all it’s a footy game and really that’s all it ultimately is.
True. But it's infuriating when your team loses to an inferior opponent, especially due to hubris, which happened against Canberra.
Hubris is often our teams' greatest enemy, and its never named in the opposition's run-on squad.

Life is not a lottery to all
Sure sht happens but
The capable ones create their own destiny by the way they respond and rise above the sht
The capable ones have the capacity to find a way and prevail

The moral of the story ....
We dont have to submit to the luck of the draw
Find a way to Rise above the sht in life and prevail
View attachment 26954
What lens did you use for that shot BOZO

Bennett will be all over how to pull our shaky , brittle defense apart. The Phins are specials to give us a real hiding.
Smart coach Waynie Poo, and he’ll no doubt have a game plan to nullify our stars but they are cock a hoop after coming off an unexpected win , we on the other hand will want Major redemption after being dusted , at home , by a side beaten 40-0 the previous week.

I would suggest to you that the football department will have been plotting this 10 days away from home for some time and I’m expecting “ the other Manly “ to turn up on Thursday.

Bennett will be all over how to pull our shaky , brittle defense apart. The Phins are specials to give us a real hiding.
Defence wasn't the reason for the loss last week. Two tries directly from drop balls, two from kicks and one from a barge over close to the line after multiple 6 again calls.
It was the multiple dropped balls and bad passes that needs to be fixed.

We've won 12 games from 28 (43%) at Suncorp, yet some absolute buffoon keeps taking a home game of ours there for Magic Round (go figure).

A backrow of Waddell, Burbo and Jake fills me with absolutely no confidence against a fast, mobile, agile pack, and lightning quick backs. We saw them massacre & murder Parramatta through the middle, like The Raiders did to us last weekend.

We currently have the 7th worst defense in the league (our attack carrying us). We are going to STRUGGLE defensively.

THAT said, we have a bit more spark from dummy half this week. Hopefully a bit more creativity. Our bench, along with most the other forwards are extremely slow, and couldn't intimidate a kitten. So that spark might give them a bit more of an edge.

The funny thing is we can’t possibly win every game

Welcome back feathered friend and thank you for your perspective passionate Manly posts

It is NEVER FUNNY capitulating and losing games that you are favoured to win at home
Its BLOODY DEMEANING AND EMBARRASING to our Legendary club colors

We are all happy for you and Inspired by you on your Winning Battle with cancer and we love you :h:

As for your perspective football is just a game
Try telling that to scarred Premiership Winning Heroes like Terry Randall
1715147798563.png

We've won 12 games from 28 (43%) at Suncorp, yet some absolute buffoon keeps taking a home game of ours there for Magic Round (go figure).

A backrow of Waddell, Burbo and Jake fills me with absolutely no confidence against a fast, mobile, agile pack, and lightning quick backs. We saw them massacre & murder Parramatta through the middle, like The Raiders did to us last weekend.

We currently have the 7th worst defense in the league (our attack carrying us). We are going to STRUGGLE defensively.

THAT said, we have a bit more spark from dummy half this week. Hopefully a bit more creativity. Our bench, along with most the other forwards are extremely slow, and couldn't intimidate a kitten. So that spark might give them a bit more of an edge.
Turn it up. Bromwich, Nicholls and Kaufusi are far from fast, mobile and agile pack.

We massacred Roosters and Panthers pack. But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Hope they read your posts Ryan, that might stir them up a little, can’t imagine they aren’t embarrassed by last weekend, hopefully they‘ll turn up for each other and make amends.

Defence wasn't the reason for the loss last week. Two tries directly from drop balls, two from kicks and one from a barge over close to the line after multiple 6 again calls.
It was the multiple dropped balls and bad passes that needs to be fixed.
NRL .COM Stats
The game ended with a 50% shared possession
The raiders made 35 tackles breaks and we made 23
We missed 35 tackles and the raiders missed 23
In the end The raiders were more resolute and won the game

Hope they read your posts Ryan, that might stir them up a little, can’t imagine they aren’t embarrassed by last weekend, hopefully they‘ll turn up for each other and make amends.
I thought Seibold was coaching and motivating our team ?
But now we know that Ryan is
Thanks for the heads up feathered friend @Rafferty

Thanks for posting feathered friend @The Wheel

Our Great Manly Media Man Cuzzo puts our Suncorp games in Great Perspective and we should have plenty of Passionate Manly Maroon souls supporting our Manly team

It's Brookvale North time!
For travelling Manly Members, Suncorp Stadium is affectionately known as 'Brookvale North' such is the huge supporter base the Sea Eagles have in Queensland.
It should be no different this time around with the Sea Eagles playing both the Dolphins and the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium over the next week.

True. But it's infuriating when your team loses to an inferior opponent, especially due to hubris, which happened against Canberra.
Hubris is often our teams' greatest enemy, and its never named in the opposition's run-on squad.
I understand a forward called Hugh Bris is part of the Dolphins’ extended squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14