Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go on form (which I know is fraught with danger) you can't possibly see us winning this game sadly. And not just last week's form. The Dolphins have been WAY more consistent than us all season - hence their deserved position on the table. We're only a point behind them but I'd argue we're a mile behind them in consistency and grit - especially defensively. They don't beat themselves - on occasions, we have. Unfortunately I think this is a loss for us. I REALLY hope I'm wrong - I'd love that. If we do lose, I only hope it'll fire them up even more for magic round because we'll need to bring our A game for that to be any hope.
Hmmmm, they lost at home to Newcastle two weeks ago and have not beaten a top 8 team all year let alone a top 4 team. Not really sure how solid their form line is tbh. We really should knock them over fairly easily tomorrow night. We’ll see tho.

Hmmmm, they lost at home to Newcastle two weeks ago and have not beaten a top 8 team all year let alone a top 4 team. Not really sure how solid their form line is tbh. We really should knock them over fairly easily tomorrow night. We’ll see tho.
Hummm I said the same thing last week … and we were playing at home!

I get what your saying.
But then Manlys form line is far from easy reading. Great win against Penrith. Yet lost to Parramatta. Only Escaped against the Titans.

Hummm I said the same thing last week … and we were playing at home!
Totally. I just don’t really buy the Phins hype. They seem fairly similar to this time last year really. Have beaten Cows, Tigers, Titans, drags and eels. They’ve played one current top 8 team and got beat easily. They’ve also had a buy and that’s the only reason they are ahead of us.

Totally. I just don’t really buy the Phins hype. They seem fairly similar to this time last year really. Have beaten Cows, Tigers, Titans, drags and eels. They’ve played one current top 8 team and got beat easily. They’ve also had a buy and that’s the only reason they are ahead of us.
Yeah, I don't get how some on here saying we aren't a mobile pack compared to the Phins. Bromwich brothers, Kaflukey and the ex Souths player are no spring chickens and are at best just solid plodders.

Turn it up. Bromwich, Nicholls and Kaufusi are far from fast, mobile and agile pack.

We massacred Roosters and Panthers pack. But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.
Let's talk this time tomorrow night, see who's eating humble pie, and who's talking crap.

For the record, I stated actual facts in my post. Not sure how you quantify any of that to "stories"?

Again, The Dolphins ate the Eels alive through their middles in the second half of their game so badly, people were calling for Arthurs head.

We may have a time tomorrow, when Woods, Lodge, Burbo, Jake and Waddell are all on the field at the same time. Get those players on the back foot by fast play-the-balls, we'll either concede penalties or metres, then they'll spread it wide and we'll be horribly thin.

It's a simple strategy against Manly. I'm surprised you haven't seen that the past decade ? We ARE watching the same team, aren't we?

I don’t think there are soft wins in the NRL anymore. The Dolphins may not have played the likes of Cronulla or Melbourne, but they’ve found ways to win games of football and played well in doing so. Their defence was excellent against the Cowboys in the heat of Townsville. They’ve be no easy beats. The hype around them is more about (a) the manner in which they’ve played (b) the injuries that have been able to rise above. Their roster is modest but they compete hard, defend well, complete sets, and get the job done.

It’ll be an interesting game that’s for sure.

We should win if we don't beat ourselves through silly mistakes that we can't/don't defend.
Cut and paste this into every pre-game thread from now on, Scorpio.

And we can use these variation for post-game threads:

a) We won because we didn't beat ourselves through silly mistakes that we couldn't/didn't defend.

or

b) We beat ourselves through silly mistakes that we couldn't and didn't defend.

They won’t get 20k plus on a Thursday night.
Think they'll do it easily Waz, they don't play much at Redclife anymore as it only holds 12,000. Also the membership for the Phins this season has shot up to 31k and counting. They are sitting 4th and probably fancy there chances against us..Also expect a big turnout of Manly supporters tonight like we always do. Anyway we'll see soon enough.

Think they'll do it easily Waz, they don't play much at Redclife anymore as it only holds 12,000. Also the membership for the Phins this season has shot up to 31k and counting. They are sitting 4th and probably fancy there chances against us..Also expect a big turnout of Manly supporters tonight like we always do. Anyway we'll see soon enough.
If it was Friday agree but don’t forget it’s school day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12