Premlinary final venue confirmed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ceagle

Bencher
The first Telstra Premiership Preliminary Final between the Manly Sea Eagles and the winner of this Saturday night’s match between the Brisbane Broncos and St George Illawarra will kick off at 7:45pm on Friday, September 23, at the Sydney Football Stadium.

http://www.nrl.com/prelim-finals-venues-confirmed/tabid/10874/newsid/64807/default.aspx

So the Broncos or Dragons only have a 6 day turnaround, hopefully they bash the **** out of each other.

If the West Tigers win through to play Melbourne using NRL Logic they should move that game to Sydney as it would attract more fans than the capacity of Melbourne's stadium.

U know one thing that's insane about the finals format. Is in the preliminary finals the second seeded team (us) gets an extra day to prepare for the grand final

SeaEagleRock8 said:
An extra day to fret and worry. Hurt us bigtime in '08.
U miss my point.
Melbourne as no 1 seeds should have the extra day if the win the preliminary final.

And mate ure wrong about 08. We were the no 1 seed in the last weekend because nz beat the storm and we played the day after the storm beat the sharks.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Well at least you didn't call me a Can't Understand Normal Thinking . Thank heaven for small mercies.

Grow up mate. Seriously if was being loose and saying something like that give me all the **** you want. But when I'm being serious and making point gimme a break. You dirty Rex hunt :p lol happy now :) lol

So the NRL have ****ed up again. If we play the Goons that would be a 50-60 thousand crowd at Homebush. SFS would suffice for the Broncos but surely homebush if we play the goons. AAMI park is way too small for a prelim final as well. Surely Etihad should be used for the drizzle v Tigers/Warriors. Once again the NRL have NFI.

Time to get some mates together and buy some tickets. Think we will be playing the Brooncos

mickqld said:
So the NRL have f***ed up again. If we play the Goons that would be a 50-60 thousand crowd at Homebush. SFS would suffice for the Broncos but surely homebush if we play the goons. AAMI park is way too small for a prelim final as well. Surely Etihad should be used for the drizzle v Tigers/Warriors. Once again the NRL have NFI.

Depending on when the AFL games are on, if the NRL game is up against the Collingwood game...........they can pretty much play it anywhere. People won't be going.

The Manly ground though shouldn't be decided upon until after this weekend though............just imagine if 1000's of fans can't get tickets to a game at the SFS.........isn't that exactly the reasoning behind moving the week 1 game AWAY from Brookie?

The smarter thing for the NRL would have been to have tickets on sale this week. Ok keep some back for next week so Broncos or Dragons fans can buy them, but why can't the Manly bays be on sale now?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Do we know yet which will be the Manly bays?

Hopefully all of them. Say you are a supporter of the other team, and lets take over their bays bahahahahaha

Cambo said:
U know one thing that's insane about the finals format. Is in the preliminary finals the second seeded team (us) gets an extra day to prepare for the grand final

Another interesting thing about the way the draw is. The winner of this Friday nights game between Tigers and NZ plays Saturday next week getting an 8 day break, whereas the winner of the Broncos Dragons on Saturday get the shorter turnaround and play Friday next week after a 6 day break. I Would have thought it should be the other way around and both would get a weeks break. NRL= No Real Logic.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Do we know yet which will be the Manly bays?

As we are the highest rank team will have the same Manly allocated bays as the Cowboys game.

So as a minimum they will allocate to us:

The Manly Supporters bays will be: Category 1 (Bays 32-34), Category 2 (Bay 31), Category 3 (Bays 29-30).

Will also need to take up Bay 35 on the half way line.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2