prepare for a carve up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I am usually fairly nervous about each game despite my view we are GF bound but I cant see anything but a good old fashioned cliffy lyons style 90's carve up tonight.We lose very little with our players out but Thurston is a superstar and conductor of everything for them.Unless it rains I reckon we will be sitting back and admiring the view from the opening whistle.A tune up for a similar demolition of Hayne and Co next week.

The only carve up I think will happen is the referees carving us up.

I'll be there screaming abuse at them anyway.

As long as the boys don't drop the bundle this week.
They've been on top of things for quite a while now. The perceived ease with which we should win this one could cause the little bit of instability that we don't need.

That or we may just go through the rest of the season undefeated, starting with a carve up tonight.

At $1.14 you're not the only one of that view. The cowboys will still be tricky and we haven't beaten them at Brooky since 1999 or something.

They're most dangerous when they're in their own 20m zone, from memory that's where they've got us with some long range tries.

Hope we smash em tonight, and we put a couple of payback hits on Tariq!

SwornEagle said:
At $1.14 you're not the only one of that view. The cowboys will still be tricky and we haven't beaten them at Brooky since 1999 or something.

They're most dangerous when they're in their own 20m zone, from memory that's where they've got us with some long range tries.

Hope we smash em tonight, and we put a couple of payback hits on Tariq!

Cowboys know they're on long odds and haven't got anything to lose - a team like that can be dangerous and the majority have been playing very well with lots of good qual players.

Manly need to maintain focus and discipline - put em away Manly! No letup for 80 mins

Really stupid thread. Overconfidence is a killer in any sport especially rugby league. I'll be happy with a win regardlessAssuming a win is deadly and massive fuel for them.

I hear there are good servings of beef at the carvery (sp?) tonight. And the cows won't be humanely killed, either ;^)

If we play like the last two games we will enjoy a nice win but the cowboys still have some dangermen on the field. Can't wait to get out to brooky.

Well nice and sunny in Sydney today although will likely be a bit wet and slippery. Plenty of points in us tonight and not many in Cowboys without Thurston.

Manly by 16

bazeagle said:
Really stupid thread. Overconfidence is a killer in any sport especially rugby league. I'll be happy with a win regardlessAssuming a win is deadly and massive fuel for them.

Yeah Baz thats what i hate too, we going ok finally after 2yrs & every time we play a team in the bottom 4, ppl say it will be a carve up by us.. i dont care if we win by 1point ..
I normally like the unexpected carve ups the ones where we think it will be a tough game but we walk it in.eg dogs last week, now that was a carve up.. an unexpected one.. i like suprises like that..
But to predict every team in the last 4 are easy beats is risky..

Live a little, take the risk, dare to dream! On a given day the execution might be down a bit but this team is guaranteed to play with heart, we can be complacent knowing the players will not be.

jjai said:
bazeagle said:

Yeah Baz thats what i hate too, we going ok finally after 2yrs & every time we play a team in the bottom 4, ppl say it will be a carve up by us.. i dont care if we win by 1point ..
I normally like the unexpected carve ups the ones where we think it will be a tough game but we walk it in.eg dogs last week, now that was a carve up.. an unexpected one.. i like suprises like that..

Cows are in the top 4, jjai.

Baz Eagle,Jaii

"stupid" thread.I would suggest at $1.14 we are expected to win easily so stupid is a bit over the top.

lighten up FFS.If we can't beat this mob

-without the best prop in the world
-without the best halfback in the world about to win his 3rd DALLY M
- without one of the best centres in the world
- playing with a halfback on debut(remember last weeks halfback on debut for the dogs)
-at home and coming off some great form

then your high hopes for the season are off the mark anyway.

If this is a danger game we are not premiership material.We will win comfortably.

Although should smash teams in this situation - doesn't always pan out that way as favoured teams can think its just turn up & the game will take care of itself. The hard work go's out the window & still need to win the middle even against depleted sides like this. To me this opposition foward pack is far from terrible & will be a good test of the Seaeagles attitude. That all said i'm on Seaeagles 13+ tonight as i see limited points in the opposition.:p

Teams that go out and expect to win just by showing up can/ may get rolled by a lesser team, or a team with their 'stars' out.

Many teams lose this way - beaten by over-confidence - and in the past Manly has been guilty of this many times.... BUT

With our team of young guys who haven't yet experienced the expectancy of winning all games, it appears the young guys just want to get in there and rip, tear & bust the opposition.

As said, it is our youth that is on display for our bigger/ older guys to help them and lead the way.

If we had the team of '09 or even '10 I would be wary of this but with the clan of younger guys I feel very confident.
Des is still dangling the carrot to the the young boys (btw, that shouldn't be read in a sexual way.. lol) to show him what they can give the team as a unit.

Manly 13+

exactly.this is not a team of past it veterans going through the motions.they are young,eager and playing for a spot each and every week with some hard nosed pros thrown in.too much competition for spots with our current depth to relax.You cant tell me blokes like rex,buhrer,oldfield,robinson,smokin joe,mauro,wolf etc arent looking over their shoulders each week.that is why we have played with intensity each week and it wont stop tonight.

Duff said:
jjai said:
bazeagle said:

Cows are in the top 4, jjai.

yeah i know that Duff but i meant in general.
I dont like getting too cocky(with the lower teams) even if we are winning..

susan said:
Baz Eagle,Jaii

"stupid" thread.I would suggest at $1.14 we are expected to win easily so stupid is a bit over the top.

lighten up FFS.If we can't beat this mob

-without the best prop in the world
-without the best halfback in the world about to win his 3rd DALLY M
- without one of the best centres in the world
- playing with a halfback on debut(remember last weeks halfback on debut for the dogs)
-at home and coming off some great form

then your high hopes for the season are off the mark anyway.

If this is a danger game we are not premiership material.We will win comfortably.

aww susan.. Just like we were suppose to smash the Titans & the Sharks,,
Sharks were up 13-0 against us & yet going by your theory we should have smashed them same as Titans,
Dont under estimate anyone in this competition its not UK super league..
Like i said i like the unexpected hidings we give out , when we all assume the game will be tough close & tight, we smash them.. just like 08GF

Dont get me wrong susan i`d like you to be correct& me wrong im happy with that , i just dont like Jinx`n me team that way thats all.. i approach it like Des under the radar..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6