Prepare to be rubbed out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Reading Macullum's comments this morning we should get set for a bad week.

Manly: Lussick, both Stewarts and those that ran to the Blair/Stewart Melee.

Melbourne: Hinchcliffe/Blair and those that came off the bench.

Beyond whatever suspensions are handed out from these groups, massive fines for both the clubs and the individual players.

they will suspend both teams players, leaving the way open for the "'great'' locky to go out a winner in a gf. The scum and manly were dead serts to play gf but this will be gallops way to get even with both teams and let him have the last laugh I hope those ex players on the judicary remember their years playing and charge accordingly. Manly 4 ever

I hope Macullum looks at a few things before he makes any judgements or recommendations.

Why at first there was no penalty to Manly when Lussick was clearly elbowed by Hinchcliff? The refs blew a penalty to the Storm before the initial melee broke out. Ironically, it took Lussick taking exception to the elbow and then for the initial melee to ensue before the penalty was reversed for the initial elbow?

Also, after having looked at the HD footage many, many times on a huge screen, I cannot see Glenn Stewart throwing any punches in the initial melee. It is however, crystal clear that Blair threw an uppercut, so deserved his sin bin. Why was Glenn actually binned and why wasn't Blair immediately put on report for the cheap shot?

There are some mitigating factors I hope are considered but I wouldn't be betting my nuts.

The general consensus among all my non manly league mates is that Blair and Stewart SHOULD get a week,maybe 2, and the clubs get a token fine and thats it.

The general consensus among all my non manly league mates is that Bair,StewartLussick and co WILL get maximum sentences and the fines will be enormous and niether side will win the comp.

Just about sums it up I would say.A perfect result for the masses.

Can't disagree after reading the tele this morning gift will get 4+ weeks and lussick, snake, foran & Robertson 1-3. The thing that disappoints me the most is that all Blair was supposed to have said was "let's get it on". Gift is my favorite player but his actions have cost us our season.

WAMF said:
I hope Macullum looks at a few things before he makes any judgements or recommendations.

I cannot see Glenn Stewart throwing any punches in the initial melee. It is however, crystal clear that Blair threw an uppercut, so deserved his sin bin. Why was Glenn actually binned and why wasn't Blair immediately put on report for the cheap shot?

There are some mitigating factors I hope are considered but I wouldn't be betting my nuts.

it is irrelevant what happened befoe the sin binning. Nothing in that incident was worthy of suspension. Blair and Glen Stewart were sent to the sin bin and failing to go there is a "contrary conduct" and that puts them in hot water. I would be guessing 4 weeks each. Then those that ran from the field, Brett Stewart & Lussick they will probably get charged and aybe incur a week.

If any player left the bench and entered the field and took part in the melee could be serious trouble, depending what they did.

I dont believe the clubs should be fined. They didnt incite any trouble and it was credit to both teams that the remander of the match was played without further incident.

if that is what Blair has said... (let's get it on), then Glen really has f@cked up.

zambuck said:
they will suspend both teams players, leaving the way open for the "'great'' locky to go out a winner in a gf. The scum and manly were dead serts to play gf but this will be gallops way to get even with both teams and let him have the last laugh I hope those ex players on the judicary remember their years playing and charge accordingly. Manly 4 ever
Won't be much of a win for the Bronco's if that's the case. They'll have to rename it The Clayton's Cup "the premiership you win when you don't really win a premiership".

Don't give up yet mate. I agree it us all doom and gloom after beating the storm.

I am prepared for glen to be gone for the year. Maybe we can continue without him as we are a lot better than most of the other teams.

I am happy enough for Brett. Foran on co to cop a week or two. This then should be the standard for all brawls from now on. I just know if thurston runs in next weekend he won't be treated the same.

If I was the broncos I woulbe very worried next weekend because our patched up team will bring them down and spoil the party.

Manly should consider resting sim of Jo, Watmough,, Lyon, Kite, DCE, Matai and Ballin next week. Take no risks.

wombatgc said:
if that is what Blair has said... (let's get it on), then Glen really has f@cked up.

Very much doubt that that is what he said, he is lying to try and save his arse

It justs get better.Rothfield is saying it set the game back 30 years.A couple of months ago he wrote "That is the best blue since I knocked ray Hadlee out at the ? hotel 15 years ago."

I am putting a media ban on myself to save myself from having a total breakdown.

bob dylan said:
Don't give up yet mate. I agree it us all doom and gloom after beating the storm.

I am prepared for glen to be gone for the year. Maybe we can continue without him as we are a lot better than most of the other teams.

I am happy enough for Brett. Foran on co to cop a week or two. This then should be the standard for all brawls from now on. I just know if thurston runs in next weekend he won't be treated the same.

If I was the broncos I woulbe very worried next weekend because our patched up team will bring them down and spoil the party.

Manly should consider resting sim of Jo, Watmough,, Lyon, Kite, DCE, Matai and Ballin next week. Take no risks.

If we want to maintain 2nd spot I wouldn't be resting anybody now. You want to put in our hopeless NSW cup players and you can guarantee the Bonkos will beat us by 50 or more. Only if Souffs win today which I doubt would I be resting everybody.

mickqld said:
bob dylan said:

If we want to maintain 2nd spot I wouldn't be resting anybody now. You want to put in our hopeless NSW cup players and you can guarantee the Bonkos will beat us by 50 or more.

If Souffs beat the Boncos we can then send out the reggies and 20s

I've said this on another forum when players are suspended both clubs should rock up to the sports arbitration and plead there case.

I'll show you why: SoO 1 this year there was a big brawl in it and no players got suspended so there has been a precedent set.

bob dylan said:

I am happy enough for Brett. Foran on co to cop a week or two. This then should be the standard for all brawls from now on.

The standard from now on? lol

Gallop set the standard after SOO1. Zero suspensions. Zero fines.

Any hope of any consistency rests with kneejerk Gallop leaving the game for good.

One thing for certain:

Gallop is LOVING this!

The two clubs he most hates (or vica-versa) are to be pinged - financial or premiership. He's in a Win-win predicament.

Rex said:
bob dylan said:

I am happy enough for Brett. Foran on co to cop a week or two. This then should be the standard for all brawls from now on.

The standard from now on? lol

Gallop set the standard after SOO1. Zero suspensions. Zero fines.

Any hope of any consistency rests with kneejerk Gallop leaving the game for good.

Exactly right Rex. We will all sit there in a day or 2 and watch once again the blatant hypocrisy of the NRL. Decisions and policy made on the run all according to what the media puppet masters want Gallop to do. The Sydney media want the Tigers and Saints because of their following and of course the QLD media want the Bonkos for Lockyer. I'm afraid Manly and Melbourne have handed Gallop the ideal escape for him not to have to deal with either side on GF day.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7