Press some flesh

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
Wow, little did I realise the limited synaptic ability of your average first grade footballer. I would have cut them some slack had I realised how taxing it must be to run between a couple of lines of kids with your hands outstretched. Little wonder they all write things like run, catch, tackle and pass on the strapping of their wrists......so hard to remember and stay focused on those basics. FMD.

Well yes!

After all it's taken T-Rex 3 years to learn that all he had to do was run straight and hard..

bob dylan said:
Chip and Chase said:
Wow, little did I realise the limited synaptic ability of your average first grade footballer. I would have cut them some slack had I realised how taxing it must be to run between a couple of lines of kids with your hands outstretched. Little wonder they all write things like run, catch, tackle and pass on the strapping of their wrists......so hard to remember and stay focused on those basics. FMD.

100% agree

Not at all.

It's not about their mental capabilities, it's about mindset.
They're supposed to be running out there ready to mame & kill, eyes glowing red and steam coming out of their ears. You don't want them in the mood for a photo op and a muck around with the kids.

Watching the Dogs run out on Sat night with the kids lined up, I swear I saw one of them just staring the other way looking at one of the cheergirls...assets!...which I might add were very stareable (is that a word?)....
I think Dessie might have knicked a cpl of the Manly Seabirds on his way out, the Dogs girls weren't half bad!:)

Duff, I know you think you have some sort of visceral connection with the game that the rest of us just don't get, but seriously no professional athlete can perform at their best on tilt. That "kill or be killed" mentality might work for some of your less intellectual front rowers, but half the posters here were praising DCE and Foran for laughing at half time and showing confidence and composure. By your estimate they should be slapping each others faces and head butting lockers. I know what sort of player I'd rather have in control of my teams destiny, that's someone like Beaver rather than someone like Tahu. The Duff endorsed "red mist" isn't conducive to smart play.

And DSM, how does running out with kids before kickoff, which you wholeheartedly agree with, differ from giving a few high fives at the resumption of the second half. Doesn't the mental attitude for the first 40 minutes matter ??

Duff said:
bob dylan said:
Chip and Chase said:

100% agree

Not at all.

It's not about their mental capabilities, it's about mindset.
They're supposed to be running out there ready to mame & kill, eyes glowing red and steam coming out of their ears. You don't want them in the mood for a photo op and a muck around with the kids.
Also imagine how disastrous it would be if one of the players
got hurt while high-fiving a kid. It would have to be a freak accident, admittedly, but could happen to someone like Wolfy.

Or the opposite, T-Rex might snap some little kids wrist by accident, and then spend the next 40 mintues distracted by remorse.

Chip and Chase said:
Duff, I know you think you have some sort of visceral connection with the game that the rest of us just don't get, but seriously no professional athlete can perform at their best on tilt. That "kill or be killed" mentality might work for some of your less intellectual front rowers, but half the posters here were praising DCE and Foran for laughing at half time and showing confidence and composure. By your estimate they should be slapping each others faces and head butting lockers. I know what sort of player I'd rather have in control of my teams destiny, that's someone like Beaver rather than someone like Tahu. The Duff endorsed "red mist" isn't conducive to smart play.

And DSM, how does running out with kids before kickoff, which you wholeheartedly agree with, differ from giving a few high fives at the resumption of the second half. Doesn't the mental attitude for the first 40 minutes matter ??

Tommy Raudonekis and the Maggies face slapping episode, that's the good stuff.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4