Price Of Success....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
When the Storm CHEATED the salary cap, many defended them saying how they had developed these stars & they should get away with it because the players were unknowns & made a name for themselves at the Storm.
I felt at the time it was a crap copout & nothing has changed my mind since, difference is the Manly football club has morals & unfortunately, players we have developed or turned into top shelf players will be sacrificed due to the last sensational 5 years.
I wonder how many are going to show the Seaeagles pity about breaking up these talented players who have been developed at the 1 club???
Its a sad situation but at the end of the day happy we play by the rules fairly.

I have always been of the belief the salary cap should only apply to players who have played first grade at another club. Or at the very least, there should be heavy concessions for players who have never played first grade at another club. The whole storm cap drama would have been avoided if this were the case. I am not of the belief that we need an even competition every year. If a club is run well enough to develop young players into stars why should they be penalised? Surely it up to the weaker clubs to try and lift themselves to the level of the good clubs, rather than the NRL to weaken the best clubs to even up the comp.

I'm over the whole salary cap rubbish as well. It's like communism where you don't really get rewarded for trying. They should try and temper it a bit with better concessions like the AFL does. It's starting to piss me off that there's just as much player transfer coverage in the paper these days as actual game time talk.

There should be something in place for clubs that have spent the time and money bringing players through the ranks.

The salary cap does a job on leveling talent. If you are not discovering new talent consistently you will pay the price. Manly have been in a good position of late, who was the last expensive player they purchased? Probably Jamie Lyon. If you remove the cap, or increase to 10 million, manly will struggle because they couldn't spend to the cap. clubs like Melbourne couldn't afford it either, but they would ask for a bigger handout and get it.
Manly have a record no other club can boast, the only team in the comp never to receive a fine or points deduction due to salary cap breaches. This is a record I would like to see intact (one of a few records). if that means we lose players, so be it. With smart retention, good culture, and talent identification we can stay at the top. I hope that the club works faster to retain and secure staff, they are a little slow on getting pen on paper.

bones said:
I have always been of the belief the salary cap should only apply to players who have played first grade at another club. Or at the very least, there should be heavy concessions for players who have never played first grade at another club. The whole storm cap drama would have been avoided if this were the case. I am not of the belief that we need an even competition every year. If a club is run well enough to develop young players into stars why should they be penalised? Surely it up to the weaker clubs to try and lift themselves to the level of the good clubs, rather than the NRL to weaken the best clubs to even up the comp.

Brisbane, The Warriors and a few other teams from one team cities already get an advantage, if you give them salary cap concessions for locally produced players, then they are even more advantaged.

MK Eagle said:
When the Storm CHEATED the salary cap, many defended them saying how they had developed these stars & they should get away with it because the players were unknowns & made a name for themselves at the Storm.
I felt at the time it was a crap copout & nothing has changed my mind since, difference is the Manly football club has morals & unfortunately, players we have developed or turned into top shelf players will be sacrificed due to the last sensational 5 years.
I wonder how many are going to show the Seaeagles pity about breaking up these talented players who have been developed at the 1 club???
Its a sad situation but at the end of the day happy we play by the rules fairly.

TC stay out of this one......

Anyone understand how this long term player concession works :huh:- I think Lockyer got it at Brisbane. We must have some close to that in King & Snake to name a couple???

[/quote]

Brisbane, The Warriors and a few other teams from one team cities already get an advantage, if you give them salary cap concessions for locally produced players, then they are even more advantaged.
[/quote]

Exactly my belief. But wouldn't it be fun trying to see Easts compete with only local talent?

[/quote]

Exactly my belief. But wouldn't it be fun trying to see Easts compete with only local talent?
[/quote]
The reality is that Easts should have gone the way of Newtown, they contribute nothing to Rugby League, the last local junior to represent Australia was Bryan Fletcher, if it wasn't for Polites' money and influence they would have disappeared long ago.

Nah the caps gotta be there if it wasnt for the cap we would never have rebuilt

No Kennedy
No kite
No orford

The 3 biggest signings in our rebuilding no salary cap they would never have been sea eagles.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7