Pride and Passion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
I am so very proud of every single player who wore the....... camou tonight. I thought despite some errors, everyone did us proud.

The passion was there and it was 110% effort.

The fitness of the players is also a credit to Don Singe.
We have to remember to recognize him.

Choc was awesome. Snake scored a try only he can.
Every forward was amazing, Kite played like he was 21. Rose was awesome and played solidly. Galuvao was mighty. Gifty made a big difference. Welcome back.

Last of all, I want to THANK every Manly fan who went up to Dogsler's box and jeered him and took photos of him cowering. Howzat!

Make sure you all wear your Manly gear this weekend ;)

---

It certainly makes the win even sweeter when we show some heart and passion.

Our attack wasn't at it's best, but our D was very good. We have a few games the next few rounds that have good turnaround time, I expect another couple of wins over the next few weeks.

Agree. I haven't been this excited after a win (don't know why), since the 2008 GF.

Defence was great but our attack is a long way off. Need Foran and Williams back to see major improvements in our attack. In that area we were poor tonight.

We just fronted up big time and had a bad start but just keeped on going and showed alot of guts to slog it out to the end. Need to back it up next Sunday at Brookvale against the Raiders though which will be a real big test

Yep, we still have a lot of work to do on our attack, but the defence tonight was great. Something else we can build on is the go forward. I was very pleased to see we made more yards with less possession, as well as fewer missed tackles. Wished we'd put the game away a lot earlier - and we should have - but thrilled with the win.

Garts said:
Defence was great but our attack is a long way off. Need Foran and Williams back to see major improvements in our attack. In that area we were poor tonight.

Add T-Rex to that, and we are looking pretty nasty. I thought DCE hasn't had the best last two games.

I think we had forgotten how hard you have to play to win in the NRL until tonight. The boys were very determined and dug deep to win this game. I think it may just kickstart them in to the season barring any more injuries hopefully we have had our fill of injuries. Big George was inspiring great comeback from the big fella I am very happy to see him back.

Ryan said:
Garts said:

Add T-Rex to that, and we are looking pretty nasty. I thought DCE hasn't had the best last two games.

T-Rex's surnsme is Williams...just saying...

Kite was average,great in defense terrible in attack and almost cost us yet another uncomplete set late in the game with one of the ****test passes i have seen since Kimmorley stopped playing Origin

Garts said:
Need Foran and Williams back to see major improvements in our attack. In that area we were poor tonight.

^^^ This.

In my opinion, we are missing T-rex's go forward but it was good to see George come in and give us at least a bit of go forward. As someone else has already said elsewhere, there is too much sideways running in our game and not enough go forward. We don't seem to have anybody hitting the line at speed. Our attack seems to come off of passing sideways to stationary or near stationary players instead of having it passed to someone hitting the line hard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4