Prince Charles to watch Indigenous league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales will today join Indigenous All Stars Jamie Soward, George Rose and Jharal Yow Yeh along with a group of Sydney-based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school students in a mentoring session at Bondi.

Following the 2pm mentoring session, His Royal Highness will move onto iconic Bondi Beach to watch Rugby League stars Greg Inglis, Greg Bird, Brad Tighe and Willie Tonga join students from the Learn Earn Legend! School to Work program in a demonstration game.

ARLC Chairman, Mr John Grant, NRL Interim Chief Executive, Mr Shane Mattiske, and NRL General Manager of Community, Culture and Diversity, Ms Trish Crews, will attend along with corporate Rugby League representatives from Telstra, Pirtek and St George Bank.

“Rugby League is honoured to have His Royal Highness join us at Bondi to take part in one of our ‘Dream Believe Achieve,’ mentoring sessions,” Mr Mattiske said.

“Our game has demonstrated an enormous commitment to making a positive difference in the community and our Indigenous programs from the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars to the Learn Earn Legend! School to Work programs are helping change lives.

“This is a real opportunity to showcase the value of our mentoring and leadership program which is just one of the community activities that saw the NRL honoured at the international Beyond Sport Awards as the Governing Body of the Year.”

Former NSW Origin captain Trent Barrett and founder of the All Stars concept, Preston Campbell, will facilitate the ‘Dream Believe Achieve’ session which encourages students to build on their self-esteem, resiliency and positive ways to identify and achieve their dreams.

The students have been selected from the Learn Earn Legend! School to Work Program which is a combined initiative of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers, NRL and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR). It was developed to create pathways to successful careers for Aboriginal students in Years 11 and 12 in participating schools across Western Sydney.

Jolly good show old chap.

Tinkety tonk old fruit and down with the Nazis.

If a league story is written and mozgram does not post it did it really happen?

I wonder if Charley is going to watch this match as closely as he did that bare chested indigenous girl in PNG who welcomed him when he got off the plane.

Charles? just an old perv with an ugly wife. Parasites the lot of them. Future King and Queen of Australia? Really?

Why does it have to be Abodiginals for...Cant he go and watch everyone.....Cooktown Charlie...thats where u started....watch them.

Sea Eagle George Rose meets Prince Charles

9 NOV 12 @ 05:45PM BY ANDREW PRENTICE AND VIKKI CAMPION

SEA Eagles prop George Rose tried to recruit the Prince of Wales as a Manly fan on Friday.

Rose joined fellow indigenous NRL stars for a mentoring session with a group of Sydney-based Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander school students at Bondi where they met Prince Charles.

"It was outstanding, we were told to wait until he spoke to us, and when he came around to me he was happy to have a yarn," Rose said.

"He asked if I still played and I told him, 'Yep, I play for Manly, the best team in the competition'.

"It's exciting, I am in awe really. I never thought I would meet royalty.

"I recruited him for Manly, or tried to. It's pretty cool to get a chance to speak to a guy like that."

His Royal Highness then moved on to Bondi Beach to watch rugby league players join students from the Learn Earn Legend! School to Work program in a demonstration game.

The program is a combined initiative of NRL clubs and the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations.

NSW lifesaver of the year Andy Cross, from South Narrabeen SLSC, presented the future King with a souvenir surf rescue hat while Long Reef SLSC's Luke Dawson, the northern beaches' young lifesaver of the year, also shook hands with royalty.

:)

mozgrame said:
lsz said:
If a league story is written and mozgram does not post it did it really happen?

mozgrame....geez I hate it when people spell my name wrong:p ;)

If someone spells mozgrame's name incorrectly, does he really exist???

It takes some effort to unsettle Greg Bird, but the Gold Coast hardman was left flustered by a 63-year-old on Friday.

The NSW and Australia representative met Prince Charles as rugby league showed off its indigenous roots - via a game on the beach involving NRL stars Greg Inglis, Willie Tonga and Bird.

And despite being coached in how to present himself to His Royal Highness, Bird admitted to some pre-game jitters when the moment arrived.

"We got told what we were supposed to say, but when he stuck his hand out I got a little bit flustered and star struck and I think I said `G'day'," Bird said.

"... I went over to the sideline to have a rest and he actually came over and spoke to me and (Indigenous All Stars coach) Laurie (Daley) which was amazing really.

"He seemed incredibly friendly. He put his hand out to shake my hand before I even realised he was standing next to me."

The Prince, who interim ARLC chief executive Shane Mattiske revealed had played second row in his younger years in rugby union, arrived to large crowds at Bondi Beach - and then a heavy downpour which forced him to take refuge inside momentarily.

But it was rugby league's day to shine and the sun broke through long enough for Prince Charles to take in some of the skills of Inglis and Bird as they played a game of touch football on the beach with indigenous students.

"It's a wonderful day for the game and it's wonderful recognition also for the work we've been doing in the indigenous space and in our communities generally," Mattiske said.

"He certainly understands the rugby league game."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4