• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
Hi Guys,

The last couple of times I have tryed to upload a jpg I get an error message "The following error occurred" "There was a problem uploading your file".

I have had no problem doing this in the past.

Can you please advise.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

The last couple of times I have tryed to upload a jpg I get an error message "The following error occurred" "There was a problem uploading your file".

I have had no problem doing this in the past.

Can you please advise.

Thanks
Should be fine now. I was having a similar issue but only had time to look at it yesterday my time, it turned out to be a hangover from the server move where I failed to set a reasonably sized "post file" and memory limit on the web server, I've corrected that now and in most cases you should be able to upload files unless they are crazy big

Should be fine now. I was having a similar issue but only had time to look at it yesterday my time, it turned out to be a hangover from the server move where I failed to set a reasonably sized "post file" and memory limit on the web server, I've corrected that now and in most cases you should be able to upload files unless they are crazy big
Hi Dan. I just tried a test with a jpeg I've loaded before and a recent 52kb jpeg I reduced from my iPhone and am still getting the same error message. I just tried logging out and in again and still a problem. Be good to have it working but no urgency on this for me mate. Thanks.

Hi Dan. I just tried a test with a jpeg I've loaded before and a recent 52kb jpeg I reduced from my iPhone and am still getting the same error message. I just tried logging out and in again and still a problem. Be good to have it working but no urgency on this for me mate. Thanks.
Just tested it, it's working. Perhaps you have the old js cached?

As long as the file is less tgan1600 * 1600 and under 5mb it should work

image.jpeg

Just tested it, it's working. Perhaps you have the old js cached?

As long as the file is less tgan1600 * 1600 and under 5mb it should work

View attachment 3502
Great pic Dan.
I tried "Upload a File" on a laptop running Win8.1 and it came up with a Silvertails dialog box that had a browse button embedded and the size limitations etc listed - and it worked fine on this.
On my regular Win7 PC selecting "Upload a File" goes straight to a Windows Explorer "select file(s) to upload by silvertails.net" dialog box and sometimes runs the percentage along the bottom, but always ends with error, on IE, Chrome and Firefox. So the problem lies somewhere with my PC. I did Ctrl R on explorer which I read clears js cache on IE but didn't resolve issue. I'll have a bit more of a play on weekend with fixing it now that I know it's at my end.
Thanks again for your help Dan, cheers.

Manly DVDs.jpg

Great pic Dan.
I tried "Upload a File" on a laptop running Win8.1 and it came up with a Silvertails dialog box that had a browse button embedded and the size limitations etc listed - and it worked fine on this.
On my regular Win7 PC selecting "Upload a File" goes straight to a Windows Explorer "select file(s) to upload by silvertails.net" dialog box and sometimes runs the percentage along the bottom, but always ends with error, on IE, Chrome and Firefox. So the problem lies somewhere with my PC. I did Ctrl R on explorer which I read clears js cache on IE but didn't resolve issue. I'll have a bit more of a play on weekend with fixing it now that I know it's at my end.
Thanks again for your help Dan, cheers.

View attachment 3506

First bit of advice. Use Chrome, Internet Explorer is a horrible cruel joke to computers and the internet. Chrome is free, faster, better and has a range of awesome plugins that makes life considerably more simple for you.

First bit of advice. Use Chrome, Internet Explorer is a horrible cruel joke to computers and the internet. Chrome is free, faster, better and has a range of awesome plugins that makes life considerably more simple for you.
Totally agree Dan, but my Chrome settings would mean I would have to log in to Silvertails each time with my big username or email address, which brings up another question, is it possible to change my user name, seemed funny at the time, but too long and not really that representative?

Totally agree Dan, but my Chrome settings would mean I would have to log in to Silvertails each time with my big username or email address, which brings up another question, is it possible to change my user name, seemed funny at the time, but too long and not really that representative?
Yes that is possible. Let me know what you want it changed to.

Also try the upload again now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4