Prop options

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Hi all , with all talk of king maybe retiring with joe, and us losing kite to Penrith , what are some options to replace these guys with.... Even George seems to be on the way out also, so we will have 2 possibly 4 props required for next season.... And could we pick someone up before June 30, wonder if we are even in a position to offer someone a contract before then $$$$

Prop options?
We could have a tree or something, but what other props do we need?

Yeah maybe the love shack could flourish in our environment .... Like tommy boy

Dan, so don't you think we need to replace any guys retiring.... Or do you think guys in lower grades to step up

c eagle said:
Yeah maybe the love shack could flourish in our environment .... Like tommy boy

Dan, so don't you think we need to replace any guys retiring.... Or do you think guys in lower grades to step up

It was a tongue in cheek PUN/Dad joke :)

If King retires then he needs to make the decision prior to 30 June and maybe Kitey will back out of his riff deal.

tookey said:
If King retires then he needs to make the decision prior to 30 June and maybe Kitey will back out of his riff deal.

I doubt Kite would back out of a deal he has agreed to. The guy has too much integrity and class for that.

list of off contract props according to zerotackle website:

Leeson Ah Mau, Josh Ailaomai, Sam Anderson, Scott Anderson, Neccrom Areaiiti, Roy Asotasi, Luke Bailey, Jack Bosden, Shannon Boyd, Kenneath Bromwich, Thomas Burgess, Rodney Coates, James Cunningham, Mitchell Dodds, Keith Galloway, Mitch Garbutt, James Gavet, David Gower, Jon Green, Matt Groat, Charlie Gubb, Glenn Hall, Mark Ioane, Felise Kaufusi, Leilani Latu, Justin Lemalu, Isaac Liu, Sam Lousi, Dunamis Lui, Suaia Matagi, Jordan McLean, Francis Molo, Dylan Napa, Bryan Norrie, Frank-Paul Nuuausala, Luke Page, Junior Palau, Junior Paulo, George Rose, Ben Ross, Kem Seru, Ava Seumanufagai, Seffa Silafau, Nick Skinner, Josh Starling, Brandon Tago, Lama Tasi, Mark Taufua, Peni Terepo, Caleb Timu, Paterika Vaivai, Siosaia Vave, Shannon Wakeman, Jarrod Wallace, Dayne Weston, Michael Weyman, Brett White

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2013/by-position-2013/#ixzz2UjVJ3ff5

TWO DOGS said:
I would like to see Cuthbertson return.

He's matured and is playing out of his skin. Has got the balance right with when to just take the yards and when to offload. Has been one of the Knights best this season, and I'd love to have him back.

BOZO said:
Des was in charge when he was discarded . I think he would come back now

He seems to have developed a relationship with Bennett. The same way that Darius Boyd has. He signed Cuthbo up to the Dragons when he was there and then took him to Newcastle when he left - along with Boyd.

Besides, I don't think Cuthbo is the answer we are looking for.

Isn't Tom Burgess supposed to be the better brother? It would be near impossible to get him from Souths but it would piss the bastards off!. lol

Dayne Weston would be another good cheapie. He's young and big and aggressive.

I wish we still had Tim "Gordon Ramsey" Robinson he would be handy at the moment he's big and showed a lot of promise last year

I reckon we hope a revolution occurs in NZ and players start handing in requests to get out of being coaching by Elliott.

From the list a few posts above I wouldn't mind seeing Tasi come back. Not a big fan of Weyman to be honest.

MWSE said:
Tasi, Starling, Bromwich, Paulo, and Weyman all stand out to me. Could be solid options.

We've been linked to Starling a bit lately, and I believe we spoke to Weyman's management until he put his price on the table.

Got to my first game on the weekend and thought Sao went OK in NSW cup. Trbojevic was a standout in the 20's game but would need to add some size / experience before being seriously considered for NRL IMO.

I remember Groat coming into the Tigers NRL about the same time as Woods and thought he looked OK. Might be worth a look at the right price.

Frank said:
tookey said:

I doubt Kite would back out of a deal he has agreed to. The guy has too much integrity and class for that.

It's a shame Kitey didn't sign with Parra. If somebody signs with Parra it is a shock if they don't renege.

That reminds me, when is Will coming back?

mosto said:
We've been linked to Starling a bit lately

Is he any relation to Sterol?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4