Prop Signing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Any news on this? Thought I heard that Tooves mentioned that we were still hoping to sign someone before next Saturday at the season launch.
Gee not long to go.

What's the rush? They'd probably already have their own boots so we just need to have a clean jersey, socks etc waiting in the dressing sheds. Doesn't matter if they are not familiar with our plays, just run straight ahead and tackle anything purple.

No rush, agree but it was indicated it was still apparently still on the cards.
Just wondering amongst the forum who might know ?
Moon dog could be handy for us when we come up against the Dessy dogs.
A mooning dog would be appropriate!

Red Pill said:
Moon dog could be handy for us when we come up against the Dessy dogs.
A mooning dog would be appropriate!

It'd be a braver man than me who would be prepared to pull his pants down in front of Bulldogs supporters or players.

Who would be left at this stage....only option would be to entice a British Prop to leave the Super League, or pick someone up from the bush (eg like the Storm did with Brian Norrie).

I think our depth is going to be mightily challenged this year....hope I am wrong.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Who would be left at this stage....only option would be to entice a British Prop to leave the Super League, or pick someone up from the bush (eg like the Storm did with Brian Norrie).

I think our depth is going to be mightily challenged this year....hope I am wrong.

Mark O'Meley is playing for Wyong in NSW Cup....

ESL wise I'd look at those Wigan props but would need some extra coin - Flower, Taylor

We shoulda signed lama tasi before he went overseas. Cheap, looking fr an opportunity and a manly junior.. Still had loads of potential

My guess is that someone will step up and do a "Lawrence" again this year.

Whether it's Starling or Sao or Turbo I don't know. But we have a habit of getting the best out of young somewhat unheralded recruits.

Turbo will be a gun no doubt but maybe he needs one more year.

This isn't an option for this year but we should look at sione Lousi from warriors, I think he is off contract next year. He looks big and damaging

we dont need any more gambles. Starling Sao Lui and Trjbojevic are enough to work with Lawrence and King. Sene Lefao can play prop too. Glenn Stewart or Horo are big enough to fill in as well if needed. We are okay. Give the Faooso money to DCE to keep him happy.

andyvb said:
This isn't an option for this year but we should look at sione Lousi from warriors, I think he is off contract next year. He looks big and damaging
The Warriors have big wraps on him, I doubt they'd let him go. Apparently he's recovered from the knee injury that kept him out last year and he's been training the house down.
I'd take him and his brother too if we could get them.

Theres definitely some big Polynesian props getting around in New Zealand. I think our team could benefit from a gigantic islander and i hope we pinch someone from over there. The Warriors dont have dibs on all of them and cannot keep them all. A chunky Fui Fui/Conrad Hurrell/Matulino type unit

KaZa said:
we dont need any more gambles. Starling Sao Lui and Trjbojevic are enough to work with Lawrence and King. Sene Lefao can play prop too. Glenn Stewart or Horo are big enough to fill in as well if needed. We are okay. Give the Faooso money to DCE to keep him happy.

Why give more money to someone who uses the "captaincy" lure as a bargaining tool to be re-signed that kind of statement does not sound like a leader to be respected. (hope he was misquoted or i read it wrong as that comment has tosser written all over it)

No problem wanting to be captain but to use that in negotiations lacks respect for the position and comes across as him expecting the captaincy.

Foran is next in line and has earned the respect with putting his body on the line performances and his leadership with actions mentality and seems to have the players respect more so.

Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:

Why give more money to someone who uses the "captaincy" lure as a bargaining tool to be re-signed that kind of statement does not sound like a leader to be respected. (hope he was misquoted or i read it wrong as that comment has tosser written all over it)

No problem wanting to be captain but to use that in negotiations lacks respect for the position and comes across as him expecting the captaincy.

Foran is next in line and has earned the respect with putting his body on the line performances and his leadership with actions mentality and seems to have the players respect more so.

Yeah sure. If that is what you need to do to be a good captain, Foran better get in line behind Choc and Matai.

mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:

Yeah sure. If that is what you need to do to be a good captain, Foran better get in line behind Choc and Matai.

Age is a factor with your chosen players considering Lyon might be around for another 2yrs on top of losing their cool too often.

I would have no problem with your choices ahead of DCE it is just that Foran has the nice mix of high intensity and calmness about him, not too laid back but does not lose his temper too often either--- more just showing his passion.

Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:

[/quote

Age is a factor with your chosen players considering Lyon might be around for another 2yrs on top of losing their cool too often.

I would have no problem with your choices ahead of DCE it is just that Foran has the nice mix of high intensity and calmness about him, not too laid back but does not lose his temper too often either--- more just showing his passion.

DCE doesn't lose the plot too often either. He also displays passion on the field. How do we know he asked for the captaincy?? Could it be possible that the club thinks the age factor/players here for more than the next 2 years, is a big consideration to take into account. Maybe it is the club that sees the captaincy as a great bargaining chip and came up with the offer. I'm sure the Bronco's will/did.

I'm not saying Foran would not make a great captain, but at the moment, if the captaincy was the only stumbling block to DCE staying (and lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have no idea what's going on in all honesty) I'd be more than willing to put the offer on the table. Foran may captain the Kiwi's, as Mark has stated. Rightly so, but Cherry will one day captain Queensland and Australia.

I guess I was a little put off by your original statement that accused DCE of being a leader not worthy of respect (although you did add that you hoped he was misquoted because it sounded like something a tosser would say, therefore, you think DCE is a tosser if it is true that he said it himself) I think if DCE was indeed a tosser, as implied, he would be showing Cronk no respect and declaring himself the number one half in the comp. DCE is not that bloke. He is humble and relaxed off the field, competitive and tough on it.

I bet all our roster would like to captain the club. That doesn't mean they will get the chance. I think it's more likely the club has offered it to Cherry to stay. I doubt Cherry has said if he doesn't get it he'll leave. Time will reveal all. :-/

mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
mozgrame said:
Technical Coach said:
KaZa said:

[/quote

DCE doesn't lose the plot too often either. He also displays passion on the field. How do we know he asked for the captaincy?? Could it be possible that the club thinks the age factor/players here for more than the next 2 years, is a big consideration to take into account. Maybe it is the club that sees the captaincy as a great bargaining chip and came up with the offer. I'm sure the Bronco's will/did.

I'm not saying Foran would not make a great captain, but at the moment, if the captaincy was the only stumbling block to DCE staying (and lets not get ahead of ourselves, we have no idea what's going on in all honesty) I'd be more than willing to put the offer on the table. Foran may captain the Kiwi's, as Mark has stated. Rightly so, but Cherry will one day captain Queensland and Australia.

I guess I was a little put off by your original statement that accused DCE of being a leader not worthy of respect (although you did add that you hoped he was misquoted because it sounded like something a tosser would say, therefore, you think DCE is a tosser if it is true that he said it himself) I think if DCE was indeed a tosser, as implied, he would be showing Cronk no respect and declaring himself the number one half in the comp. DCE is not that bloke. He is humble and relaxed off the field, competitive and tough on it.

I bet all our roster would like to captain the club. That doesn't mean they will get the chance. I think it's more likely the club has offered it to Cherry to stay. I doubt Cherry has said if he doesn't get it he'll leave. Time will reveal all. :-/
No problem about any player wanting to captain the side or saying in the future if asked it would be something to consider but to reply...

"It's something that I've never spoken about publicly but now that you're asking - yes I would like to captain the side, and if that was offered it would help in terms of bargain power to keep me at the club," Cherry-Evans said.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-360-chat-manly-sea-eagles-star-daly-cherry-evans-admits-captaincy-could-sway-him-to-stay/story-fniabool-1226701303435

I've noticed more and more overly confident replies bordering on "too into himself" especially during negotiation time or talking about negotiations like he is representing himself lol.

Maybe there is an Australian version of Jerry Maguire in the making will keep a look out for it.

DCE gets my vote for next Captain ahead of Foran, who is already an irritant to the Refs with his constant critique.
But, we already have co-captains, so the two halves will share the role once Killer calls it a day.

DCE's skills are more encompassing than Foz's, who himself has often commented on this fact in interviews.

They both share the control of the game without egos, so we don't have to worry about factions creeping into our Team :angel:

If we could only keep one, DCE is the most talented of the extremely talented duo. His SOO and Kangaroo stints as a bench forward, were a revelation last year.:cool:

I hope that Manly give the young Props a chance before buying in another.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4