Public Transport from City to Brookie Monday Night.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is it as easy as Sundays to get to and from Brookie.

We are staying at the Hilton and the plan is to catch the bus from QVB York Street.

Any help appreciated.

Another option - train to Chatswood, Forest Coachlines bus to Warringah Mall, walk the rest.

But as BE suggested, I think the ferry/bus option would still be the best, especially returning to town.

bob dylan said:

We are staying at the Hilton and the plan is to catch the bus from QVB York Street.

Any help appreciated.

There'll be more buses on a Monday than on a Sunday bob, from wynyard.

Your original plan of a bus from QVB or Wynyard is the easiest and most direct way.

Chatswood and Forest busses is making it hard on yourself and the Ferry option is the scenic route.

Duff said:
Your original plan of a bus from QVB or Wynyard is the easiest and most direct way.

Chatswood and Forest busses is making it hard on yourself and the Ferry option is the scenic route.
You're right.

Another option is train from wynyard to circular quay, ferry to the zoo, chairlift to top of the zoo, bus from mosman to manly, bus from manly to brookvale.

Shoe1 said:
Duff said:

You're right.

Another option is train from wynyard to circular quay, ferry to the zoo, chairlift to top of the zoo, bus from mosman to manly, bus from manly to brookvale.

It's also a nice walk if you have four or five hours to kill.

If you are leaving the city after 4pm. Go to Wynyard.

Get the E76, E77, E78 or E79 from wynyard bus stop. Stand C from memory, accross the road from Menzies hotel.

These busses are express to Manly Vale then will stop at the Comm Bank near Brooky Oval.

Bus takes 45 mins

Bob, you'll get to Ryde or Parramatta if you go to the QVB. Walk down to the back of Wynyard to get a bus to Brookie. If you want to check times go to the website, www.statetransit.info/sydney/welcome-to-sydney-buses and follow the links (plan you trip).

Wynyard is the way to go. You don't even have to get a bus from the Hilton as it's not
too far to walk to Wynyard.

E78, E79, L80 and L85 are your best options for a direct trip to Brookvale oval.

DSM5 said:
Bob, you'll get to Ryde or Parramatta if you go to the QVB. Walk down to the back of Wynyard to get a bus to Brookie. If you want to check times go to the website, www.statetransit.info/sydney/welcome-to-sydney-buses and follow the links (plan you trip).

Thanks, looks like wynyard it is.

Cheers to all who replied.

The ultimate trip to brookie: monorail from Hilton to darling Harbour. Light rail to central. Train to circular quay. Ferry to the zoo. Cable car over zoo to mosman. Bus to manly. Stand up paddle board to curl curl. Taxi to brookvale oval.

Shoe1 said:
The ultimate trip to brookie: monorail from Hilton to darling Harbour. Light rail to central. Train to circular quay. Ferry to the zoo. Cable car over zoo to mosman. Bus to manly. Stand up paddle board to curl curl. Taxi to brookvale oval.

No swim from Manly to Shelley Beach? No Longboard? No kite surf to Longreef?

C'mon you cant call that the ultimate trip - not even close :p

bob dylan said:

Any help appreciated.

Staying at the Hilton! Surely you would just get your chauffeur to take you there ;)

Stretch hummer

True enough re kite surf, and I also forgot hang gliders at longy.

How about the "stars" of silvertails being parachuted On to the oval prior to kickoff?

Hey Vidmar, can you organise some parachutists to land mr I, mr sea eagles, rambofan et al on brookie oval and have them repeatedly flattened by matai prior to kick off, that will bring in the crowds!

Shoe1 said:
Hey Vidmar, can you organise some parachutists to land mr I, mr sea eagles, rambofan et al on brookie oval and have them repeatedly flattened by matai prior to kick off, that will bring in the crowds!

Nice plan & a good way for Matai to warm up his shoulders are a few weeks break :-D

bob dylan said:

Any help appreciated.

Staying at the Hilton! Surely you would just get your chauffeur to take you there ;)
[/quote]

You see I need to stay somewhere nice to get Mrs Dylan interested in a trip to the footy. Not that the Hilton is that flash anyway.

Does Sara like league bob?

True story: When dylan toured a couple of years back, his manager was at a brookie as a special guest of a big name promoter. Sadly bob didnt come too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6