Pull On Your Socks for McGrath Foundation!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hello Sea Eagles fans!

As you may know, the NRL Harvey Norman Women in League round is coming up (June 22 to 25) and the McGrath Foundation is lucky enough to be named its charity beneficiary!

To spread the hot pink magic from this round and onto footy fields right across Australia, we’ve launched and opened registrations for Pull On Your Socks. This grassroots initiative is an opportunity for you to purchase McGrath Foundation Pink Footy Socks and hold a pink match to support the McGrath Foundation.

Registered clubs will have the chance to win various prizes including a visit from an NRL One Community ambassador, Mount Franklin marquee event packs, pink NRL Women in League jerseys and signed NSW State of Origin, Kangaroos and All Stars jerseys.

Visit www.mcgrathfoundation.com.au to register, purchase your McGrath Foundation Pink Footy Socks and kick-start your fundraising!

We understand organising these activities and events is a big commitment so we really appreciate your time and support.

[attachment=282]

As we say at the McGrath Foundation, together we can make a difference!

Cheers,
Colin
Communications Officer, McGrath Foundation

Attachments

• Socks only.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 13
No offense but testicular cancer deserves more attention.

This has been a community service announcement (seriously) from Jatz Crackers.

Jatz Crackers said:

I don't think this is the thread to air your concerns about testicular cancer. Don't try and de-rail the thread.

Great cause.

Jatz Crackers said:

Poor form bringing it up in this thread jatz.

Everyone has a mother and a sister breast cancer effects so many Australians.

Jatz Crackers said:

Unbelievable

Thanks to everyone for your kind and supportive words. Rugby League One Community does indeed support a number of charities including Australian Literacy and Numeracy Foundation, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Black Dog Institute, Cancer Council, Life Education , Men of League Foundation and White Ribbon Foundation. We're lucky enough to be the charity beneficiary during the Women in League Round. There are a number of ways the footy stars and the grassroots clubs can get behind these initiatives and give back to the community in anyway they can.

Thanks for your support and helping us get the word out about Pull On Your Socks! Good luck this weekend!

I wonder if I can get the Oz Tag comp locally to do something like this

That's a great idea! Every club/comp is different so I'm sure you'll now which coaches, captains etc you'll need the OK from before you register.

If you visit the McGrath Foundation website, and click on the link to Pull On Your Socks, you can download some FAQs that should help you too.

Once you and the team know how many pairs of socks you want to order and what is the best mode of payment - it's time to register!

Please give us a call if you need to as well. You can reach our reception on 02 8962 6100.

Thanks for your support!

Daniel said:
I wonder if I can get the Oz Tag comp locally to do something like this

Volley said:
I don't think this is the thread to air your concerns about testicular cancer. Don't try and de-rail the thread. Great cause.

Thanks but I will post where I feel the need to. Noone has derailed the thread and I didnt say it wasnt a great cause.

Cameron said:
Poor form bringing it up in this thread jatz. Everyone has a mother and a sister breast cancer effects so many Australians.

Why is it poor form. Im bringing attention to the lack of funding that the other cancer gets. Everyone also has a father and brother.

clontaago said:
Unbelievable

Noone has suggested that breast cancer isnt a worthy cause or should be forgotten. All that has been suggested is testicular cancer (and some other mens health issues) do get forgotten about in comparison, especially for funding.

So its unbelievable why ? Ill wait till you get off your high horse so you can answer OK.

clontaago said:
Time and place. This isnt it.

To make the point that one cancer receives less funding in comparison to another makes this the exact place to say so. Just because breast cancer is a worthy cause & it has feminine emotions attached doesnt mean I am out of line. It probably means you lot are being overly precious about this topic.

Jatz had you of said in a general conversation that Testicular Cancer deserves more funding everyone would agree.

The fact you said "No offense but testicular cancer deserves more attention" in direct reply to a thread about another cancer comes across as you saying that one deserves more than the other.

Someone better off deleting the 2nd post in this thread and any replies to it. The way you went about it is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself

That 1st paragraph is exactly what I meant.

However, your 2nd paragraph is also sort of what I meant but the translation isnt quite right. By saying "deserves more attention" what I mean is mens health issues are underfunded & it requires redress. I dont mean at the expense of breast cancer funding.

Napper said:
Someone better off deleting the 2nd post in this thread and any replies to it. The way you went about it is ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself

Grow up.

McGrath Foundation said:
As we say at the McGrath Foundation, together we can make a difference!

Cheers,
Colin
Communications Officer, McGrath Foundation

Hi Colin, keep up the great work!

Are the socks available in kids sizes?

Jatz Crackers said:
That 1st paragraph is exactly what I meant.

However, your 2nd paragraph is also sort of what I meant but the translation isnt quite right. By saying "deserves more attention" what I mean is mens health issues are underfunded & it requires redress. I dont mean at the expense of breast cancer funding.

Napper said:

Grow up.

Sorry dude. Didnt mean to sound like a c... But come on your post sounded pretty blunt. The man is just trying to do his job.

I do agree with you though. Not enough awareness for testicular cancer and you can throw mental health and depression in men in the mix too.

While we are on the subject of cancer I'd like to make you aware it is also Brain Cancer Action Week

6 – 12 May 2012

It is now in its 3rd year running. The week is part of a collaborative movement working with Clinicians, Cancer Institute NSW, Grey Matters Committee and Cure for Life Foundation. The aim is to increase awareness and funding for brain cancer. Brain cancer is the least understood cancer in Australia, despite being one of the most fatal.

Research projects supported through Brain Cancer Action Week, will help to identify people at risk, provide the most effective treatment options, and help develop new therapies that will extend the lives of patients.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4