Punt Stuart and the ARL deadheads.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
All the usual suspects circle the wagons when troubles arise.  They all support Stuart because of his 'passion'.  Should this defense work in any junior teams when abuse is given?  According to the ARL deadheads, abuse is OK if you can prove 'passion'.  Their messages of support for this coaching grub will no doubt be taken as open slather for all those on the field and in positions of team control to abuse referees if they don't like the outcome so long as it's associated with 'passion'..  What ever happened to good sportsmanship.  I always thought that abuse of referees was a no-no from officials and players.  But then again, what would I know.

I could understand the passion defence if he said what is alleged straight after the game but the next the day in the hotel............

He went up to the ref in the hotel foyer the morning after and called him a effing cheat and that the game was rigged (or words to that effect).

Klein has reported Sticky and an investigation is underway

The Wheel link said:
I could understand the passion defence if he said what is alleged straight after the game but the next the day in the hotel............

He was busy after the game with Toupu and Fitzgibbon living up to his name sticky.

I actually think the squad that was picked was the correct squad. I'm sure stuart and his "deadheads" had everything to do with it.

It was refreshing to see blokes like G.Stewart & Laffranchi get the nod. I am sick to death of seeing the likes of Mason & Hoffman running out there and giving us **** all everytime.

Regardless of the final games result I still think it is one of the best squads put together for the last 15 years or so.

2 questions, why where the officials staying at the same hotel as the players (or at least the Kangaroos and what would have happened if this was an NRL game and Stuart made the same alleged statement after the Sharks had lost yet another chance to make a GF?

Someone should fire up a cement truck and run the bastards over :)

I think Stuart should get punted. If reported correctly he really, really abused the ref the following morning in the hotel foyer. No excuses - red card please. Sticky has shown just how low you can get when a win isn't handed to you. It was a great game, we got some tough decisions but that is football and a number of his love-childs went MIA. Get over it Sticky - in fact just resign for the disgrace you have made of yourself and the embarrassment for the rest of us Aussies as a result.

Wayne should also front up and have his citizenship cancelled.

Nutz, if you truly think that squad was the best available, I would question your sanity.  Fitzgibbon, Toupoo, Williams, Inglis, Gallen, Monaghan to name six who I would consider very lucky to be there.     

Utility Player link said:
How dumb is Stuart? A simple phone call and apology the next day and it would all be over and done with.

Stuart is a SuperLeague News Ltd crony.  A protected species.  Where's the outrage from fellow News Ltd crony, and self-appointed referee protector, Bill Harrigan?  Greed and narrow self-interest take over any sense of ethics when it comes to Ricky.  Verballing one official and roughing up another is always warranted in Ricky's self-centred world. Imagine what would have happened if Hoppa did the same. It would have been front page news in News Ltd papers for months. Plus suspension for life. With News Ltd Bill Harrigan leading the calls.

The ARL board have no teeth.  News Ltd won't allow it.  What's the solution to this News Ltd control of Rugby League?  Dump the ARL board and appoint Ribot?

Rex, I thought the 'World cup' fiasco was run by the ARL.  Colin Love and other ARL heavies have been busy defending Stuart all week.  I think folks should forget of the SL v ARL thing, and just see Stuart for what he is, a cheap grub, and the Telegraph, for which he writes a column, as rubbish wrap.  I can never understand Harrigan getting a role with NRL/ARL referees given his history of employment with various teams in the comp, especially the Roosters.  Surely this would preclude him on the grounds of perceived bias.  Maybe Ribot will drag the ARL into this century.  Perhaps he won't, but given the stupidity of those current heavyweights involved in the Centenary of Fiasco, I'd say give him a go.  A counter to Fitzgerald perhaps.   

Gould hates Stuart.  Anyway they're both grubs with personal axes to grind.  Stuart's 'apology' in the Telegraph was so lame and reeked of insincerity.  Sack the guy and move on. 

DSM5 link said:
Rex, I thought the 'World cup' fiasco was run by the ARL.  Colin Love and other ARL heavies have been busy defending Stuart all week.  I think folks should forget of the SL v ARL thing, and just see Stuart for what he is, a cheap grub, and the Telegraph, for which he writes a column, as rubbish wrap.  I can never understand Harrigan getting a role with NRL/ARL referees given his history of employment with various teams in the comp, especially the Roosters.  Surely this would preclude him on the grounds of perceived bias.   Maybe Ribot will drag the ARL into this century.  Perhaps he won't, but given the stupidity of those current heavyweights involved in the Centenary of Fiasco, I'd say give him a go.  A counter to Fitzgerald perhaps.   
DSM,
You give the ARL way too much credit.  They have no real powers.  Zip.  Their big job this year was organising the World Cup.  Woo hoo.  Sort of like a committee to organise the staff Christmas party.  The farce? The "farce" problem was the lack of any serious competition, not the organisation of it.  But don't worry, your hero Ribot's got the "vision" to have every man in China eagerly switching on their TV sets to the next SL RL World Cup.

Rex, the China thing would be good but I guess you're right, we've all got to rely on the NRL and Gallop to see us through.  Fitzy will probably help as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6