Punter the most winningist test player ever

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Just heard on the late news he has won more games than anyone.

Well done.

Obviously it takes more than just one player but he has certainly helped

Yep his 93rd Test victory, overtook Warney yesterday. He also now has most wins as Captain with 42, passing Steve Waugh. Tugga still has the better win percentage with 72 %.

He'll easily be the first player to win 100 tests and will also rack up 50 victories as Captain no doubt on the way.

As Aussie's like to point out about Murrali's wickets, quite a few of those wins come against very sub standard opposition.  He lost two consecutive Ashes series in England as captain.  That's what he'll be remembered for (alongside the Bourbon and Beefsteak).

Murali is leading the wicket tally because he chucks it, he also happens to chuck them quite regularly at the substandard opposition of the Poms and the Jarpies.

We can only play (and beat) whoever turns up. Australia play every other top nation pretty regularly, so he has had his fair share of wins against so called "quality" opposition. I doubt he has played more than half a dozen Tests against the Bangers or the Rhodesians. I'd forgotten about the B&B, but you are probably right in saying that his effort in losing two Ashes series in a row in England will taint his record.

Its not like ponting was alone in losing the ashes, Johnson had a shocker for starters.

If thats all that taints his record then he doesnt have much to worry about

Yes he didn't have much luck on either Ashes tour, lost his strike bowler on both occassions for crucial periods. McGrath courtesy of a wayward ball on the ground and Johnson to a case of the yips. However there was some debatable captaincy in the last effort.

There are a few fast bowlers who got lazy in their action at times, Courtney Walsh was another who springs to mind when he was going for a bit extra.

The Murali debacle has changed cricket irrevocably, the amount of young cricketers who now have suspect actions is ridiculous. There is a whole generation coming through who now will never have their actions corrected because it isn't politically correct. None of them have the benefit of a supposed birth defect that prevents them from straightening their arms either.

He will retire as the second best batsman australia has ever seen....

Some people might question his tactics at times but I guarantee you no one in the team does.... he always backs the ability of the blokes he chooses in the team and more often than not he is correct in his judgement. Ponting has more knowledge of the game than most people who have donned a baggy green.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6