Pus & the Rabbit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The new comedy duo has arrived.

Rabbit has surrendered to dementia twice calling Greg Eastwood Greg Inglis.

While Pus is in happy to forget the rules of the game as long as it results in a spectacular try. Goulds reaction to such a try against the former chocolate soldiers would be priceless if only they would let him commentate on the riffs games.

While after decrying the video refs involvement in a no try to the scum the rabbit waxes lyrical on how the video ref allows fair try's to wingers that in the past would have been denied

I look forward to the dynamic duo's next gig.

I mute, mute, mute!

More and more and more.

I reckon most of us who post don't NEED to hear their commentary to watch and analyse a game.

None of em help me ENJOY any game nowadays (and even if that reflects I'm getting grumpier rapidly too) the point is to maximize your enjoyment, is it not?

You can throw Finch into the dogs-breakfast duo's too!

The drivel he went on with (defending Mitchell Pearce last night for example) and regular irrelevant waffle today (the equal of Fittler there too) simply does mean the mute button earns it's keep at my joint now, lol!

Channel 9 may appear a polished broadcast unit, but they are amateur, at best. Its jobs for the boys. The commentators like the sound of their own voices too much and commentate like they know the viewers enjoy listening to them carrying on like they are in the pub (guys, we dont). Regular season games are rarely live, unfair broadcast schedule aimed at making as many $'s as possible, Ray Warren is losing his marbles more and more each year as has been said, what else?

Nice one channel 9, your coverage of league games is mediocre

The Cherry said:
I should have hit the mute years ago on the clowns, done it for the last few games and a lot more enjoyable it's all just anti Manly anyway ..

Wouldnt it be good if there was a fair and balanced radio commentary you could tune into for Manly games. These degenerates at 9 are terrible commentators, muting them and listening to something balanced would make such a difference. Id rather listen to Hindy and Fletch than 9 i think

Just get drunk and yell at the tv during the game.

no need for commentary!

I totally agree with Gus and Rabs about video refs ruining the spectacle. Perhaps it's because I'm of their vintage and I remember how much more enjoyable the game was when there was one ref and no video decisions.
The game as it is currently stands is a shambles because those in charge have tried to achieve decision-making perfection which is impossible.
Let's get back to the origins of RL which is non-stop action and minimal interference from the whistle-blowers.

The Who said:
I totally agree with Gus and Rabs about video refs ruining the spectacle. Perhaps it's because I'm of their vintage and I remember how much more enjoyable the game was when there was one ref and no video decisions.
The game as it is currently stands is a shambles because those in charge have tried to achieve decision-making perfection which is impossible.
Let's get back to the origins of RL which is non-stop action and minimal interference from the whistle-blowers.

Just watching Chicago v SF in the nfl and the commentators are complaining about.....

the coaches challenge and use of the video replay.

I was a bit tanked when I posted but the way Gould went on about the Storm being denied a try because the video ref ruled that the Storm player had propelled the ball into Reynolds prior to regaining control annoyed me.

His big whinge was that if the player had been tackled and the Storm scored in the next play it would have been fine. Fair enough but that did not happen.

I don't see how you can overlook a breach of the rules just to allow a try that looked fantastic. Perhaps the video ref needs to be allowed to rule on possible errors in the play leading up to a try because it is almost impossible for the ref to rule on these things in real time.

globaleagle said:
The Who said:

Just watching Chicago v SF in the nfl and the commentators are complaining about.....

the coaches challenge and use of the video replay.

Well get thyself over to the NFL Forum mate (at least occasionally) now the season's underway!

I think the best commentator calls a game (not every second of things when we can see it for ourselves).

They are as impartial and unbiased as humanly possible.

And don't add too much irrelevant trivia; or irrelevancies at all.

So Nein fail mightily on all three-cards.

larry tate II said:
said it before and i'll say it again...the blackest day in Australian sport was when 9 got the tv rights. and smith reckons the coverage is world class???

Agreed. 9's continued monopoly is not healthy for the game at all. Perhaps financially, but product-wise, 9 do whats best for them and always have. A different network broadcasting the games would increase the quality of the product. But they wouldnt have to do much more than to be better than what 9 is currently pumping out. Kerry Stokes where are you

Utility Player said:
I don't see how you can overlook a breach of the rules just to allow a try that looked fantastic. Perhaps the video ref needs to be allowed to rule on possible errors in the play leading up to a try because it is almost impossible for the ref to rule on these things in real time.

It looked a try in 'real time'. It should have been awarded on the spot, but Reynolds whinged and the ref didn't have the balls to rule on what we saw. Melbourne were on a roll, and could have come back from there. It was a momentum killer. But somehow the video ref picked up something when it was slowed down to a stop-frame.
I've always hated video ref because they have not improved the standard of refereeing one bit, slowed down the game and caused more controversy than they have solved. However, if we have to have it then there should be no slow-mo. If our eye can't see something then why question it? The slow-mo has led to countless tries being disallowed, and players incorrectly put on report, because it distorts reality.
Not only that, the video ref can only rule on certain things, and can't go back to an earlier mistake. That's like giving a policeman a limited scope to investigate a potential crime.

I listen to them and I like what they say. I like the banter and the satire and the comedy.

Then they start to make sense and I just grab another beer, a wine or a scotch. Then it's all good again.

Then they start to make sense again. So I just grab a beer, wine and a scotch and drink them at the same time. And it's all good again (for a while anyway.)

Then I need to do it again - life is good. :D

But in saying that I have been told I have alcohol-fuelled dementia. But I can't remember who told me that or when though. Or even if they told me that by the way.

Sorry, what were we talking about? Who are you by the way? Or for that matter who am I? Oh well, no matter.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6